Ongoing Conversation

RUADJAI

On 11/21/2021 at 12:19 AM, RUADJAI said:

I think it's the kooky vibe. Gays are too obsessed with trying to be bougie and voguing to bitch tracks. 

Bring Ya to the Brink was a fantastic response to Confessions on a Dancefloor that alot of people missed too unfortunately. 

Albumism_CyndiLauper_BringYaToTheBrink_M

I always have seen Cyndi as a gay icon and that album is a joy

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
On 11/20/2021 at 7:19 PM, RUADJAI said:

I think it's the kooky vibe. Gays are too obsessed with trying to be bougie and voguing to bitch tracks. 

Bring Ya to the Brink was a fantastic response to Confessions on a Dancefloor that alot of people missed too unfortunately. 

I like that album too. But it’s a shame after that she gave up on releasing new original music, but released various cover albums and acoustic version s of her older hits. 
I think the thing that holds her back from being a bigger icon is she doesn’t release original new pop songs. That definitely made me lose interest in her. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2021 at 7:19 PM, RUADJAI said:

I loved Bring Ya to the Brink.  I wore out that cd, I really did. 

On 12/2/2021 at 6:49 PM, Glindathegood said:

I like that album too. But it’s a shame after that she gave up on releasing new original music, but released various cover albums and acoustic version s of her older hits. 
I think the thing that holds her back from being a bigger icon is she doesn’t release original new pop songs. That definitely made me lose interest in her. 

I thank the Powers That Be every single day that Madonna has not released a standards album, a cover album or a Christmas album.  It just flat out bores me when any artist does this sort of thing.  Admittedly, I would still participate but I crave a new era, every single time.  Madonna essentially doing karaoke is just not my deal.  Cyndi Lauper definitely took the other road however, and it is a shame because her work was brilliant and amazing at times.  Bring Me to the Brink was flat out amazing.  A Night to Remember was also a gem.  Not very many studio albums from Ms. Lauper though and that is an artistic crime because she has such an old soul and when she writes, it is fire.