Support MadameX on IMDB

madonnaultimate

14 minutes ago, deathproof said:

It’s not my favorite concert of hers. And while there’s improvements in sound, picture and color quality, I’m still craving for a straight-forward concert film.

wow lol ....it deserves so much more than a 5 ..did you not like the album though ? i think its a work of art and i love how its different than the usual concerts she does 

30 minutes ago, deathproof said:

It’s not my favorite concert of hers. And while there’s improvements in sound, picture and color quality, I’m still craving for a straight-forward concert film.

That concert film was ten times better than I expected it to be, I was impressed. Definitely deserves much better than 5, the visuals were stunning.

Edited by Blond Ambition (see edit history)

God, reading through all the bad reviews. Auto tune. Editing. Grandma in stripper clothes? I don’t personally remember any stripper clothes but maybe I’m just jaded. I love the woman so I will find something good in it. But that’s me. She doesn’t need an album to spawn billboard hits anymore nor does she need to pad the set list. She didn’t with Drowned World and it was fine. I feel we will see that flip with her next era like we did with Reinvention. But who knows. Anyways, that’s my rant. I’ll type up my review once I watch it a third time this week. I want to see it again after it’s been a couple weeks.

18 minutes ago, gafuller said:

God, reading through all the bad reviews. Auto tune. Editing. Grandma in stripper clothes? I don’t personally remember any stripper clothes but maybe I’m just jaded. I love the woman so I will find something good in it. But that’s me. She doesn’t need an album to spawn billboard hits anymore nor does she need to pad the set list. She didn’t with Drowned World and it was fine. I feel we will see that flip with her next era like we did with Reinvention. But who knows. Anyways, that’s my rant. I’ll type up my review once I watch it a third time this week. I want to see it again after it’s been a couple weeks.

I dont even read stuff like that i always find it amusing a hater ( she calls them fans ) would just go out of their way to do that - they are all over her social media ..losers ..was there a old but goodie " i have been a lifelong fan since her first record like a virgin and i am no longer a fan she has lost it " line ? 

1 minute ago, hankypanky2021 said:

I dont even read stuff like that i always find it amusing a hater ( she calls them fans ) would just go out of their way to do that - they are all over her social media ..losers

Yeah, I tried not entertaining it. Their entitled to the view and approach to her art. The critics did Like A Prayer, Erotica, and American Life and she never stopped. I’m sure she wanted to multiple times, because even she’s human, not just plastic and surgery or however she’s viewed. 

4 minutes ago, gafuller said:

Yeah, I tried not entertaining it. Their entitled to the view and approach to her art. The critics did Like A Prayer, Erotica, and American Life and she never stopped. I’m sure she wanted to multiple times, because even she’s human, not just plastic and surgery or however she’s viewed. 

I dont think she has ever wanted to stop ..i dont think bad reviews really bother her that much - the only thing i think that ever bothered her was the adoption outrage ..everything else is just noise as she says 

1 hour ago, hankypanky2021 said:

I dont even read stuff like that i always find it amusing a hater ( she calls them fans ) would just go out of their way to do that - they are all over her social media ..losers ..was there a old but goodie " i have been a lifelong fan since her first record like a virgin and i am no longer a fan she has lost it " line ? 

Those people are just trolls, saying they are fans to give them an excuse to come on and talk shit. As a fan since 83, I have been hearing that junk almost all my life. I remember a bunch of so called fans from her Like a Virgin days talking about how much they missed the old Madonna once True Blue dropped. Or how she had gone too far with Erotica and they were not gonna be fans anymore lmao. Depending on what era of Madonna you became a fan in your always gonna have the cancer of nostalgia which creates bias and not being able to look at her work objectively. I try to avoid that as much as I can and judge her work with fresh ears.

18 hours ago, deathproof said:

So you gave it a bad review because you wanted a different product then the one Madonna made and not directly related to its quality?

23 hours ago, madonnagreece said:

I suggest we all better support it than giving it low scores....otherwise theres no point in being in this community.

Obsessing over stem tracks  but scoring her products low is at least weird . if you love her support her.

I suggest we give it HONEST scores instead of trying to paint it as something that it isn't. We aren't Little Monsters, sis.

And yes I gave it a 1/10 and I would do it again. :02:I don't want casual listeners to feel like they gotta watch this embarrassingly bad concert film.

2 hours ago, MPowered said:

I suggest we give it HONEST scores instead of trying to paint it as something that it isn't. We aren't Little Monsters, sis.

And yes I gave it a 1/10 and I would do it again. :02:I don't want casual listeners to feel like they gotta watch this embarrassingly bad concert film.

i believe bad is not the right word. 

in my eyes, whos that girl tour is a BAD tour. but im not spending time to go around badmouthing it.

just because something Madonna does not live up or exceeds expectations, there's not point burying it on our end as fans.

I don't recall madonna fans being assigned the role of advocates for regular viewers...fans are fans and that means support.

I'm guessing you are not a fan so i guess there's no point explaining further.

1 hour ago, madonnagreece said:

i believe bad is not the right word. 

in my eyes, whos that girl tour is a BAD tour. but im not spending time to go around badmouthing it.

just because something Madonna does not live up or exceeds expectations, there's not point burying it on our end as fans.

I don't recall madonna fans being assigned the role of advocates for regular viewers...fans are fans and that means support.

I'm guessing you are not a fan so i guess there's no point explaining further.

I have never refused to watch something based on other people’s reviews. I like to form my own opinion.