The Britney Army is the leading example of a fanbase

madonnaultimate

Sassy? yes. Rude? yes. Daring and faithful to the Icon they love ? Till death.

I'm so SO f disappointed with some of the comments I read here. Is this community dying or like we are left we the bad leftovers?

the name calling, the over the top attitude, the addiction with 1990  even tho its 30 YEARS LATER now.

I'm angry, I'm disappointed and I wonder how some of you call yourselves fans. You are not fans, you just love a ghost of the past and are obsessed with not keeping up with the times.

so take notes from the Britney Army.

honestly, so disappointing . 

Ummm I don’t know what you’re talking about.

Britney, as much as I love her, is pretty boring and mainstream as an artist. Madonna has always been extremely polarizing and caused extreme reactions of adoration and hatred. That’s what she wanted for herself and I’m sure she wouldn’t want it any other way.

This duality has been a constant throughout her career and always existed in her fan base. I think you’re just more aware now because it’s easier for people dialogue and put their opinions out there.

I remember in 1993 I joined a local fan club and everyone loved her but the opinions were extremely different over the Erotica era. 

30 minutes ago, madonnagreece said:

I'm so SO f disappointed with some of the comments I read here. Is this community dying or like we are left we the bad leftovers?

the name calling, the over the top attitude, the addiction with 1990  even tho its 30 YEARS LATER now.

I'm angry, I'm disappointed and I wonder how some of you call yourselves fans. You are not fans, you just love a ghost of the past and are obsessed with not keeping up with the times.

Yeah, but Britney was in need, she has been punished for suffering mental health issues (which is stupid and ignorant) and literlly has been forced to work non-stop like someone who is trafficked. But Madonna... She's is just a tantrum reach old woman who is trying to fight back everytime people critize her, is like really? why? some people wont like you and nothing will happen just do your art, how empty is just to do your stuff only and exclusevily cuz ppl don't like you, when I saw that part in the "Madame X" film when she says "ppl don't like that I wear grills so I wear it, they don't like that I wear and eyepatch so I wear it, you don't like me I don't like you, fuck you" is like really? That's not a healthy way to react and the only thing that she is doing now is just to bore people.

And don't come to tell that she has always has been this way cuz is not true, now is cringe.

She is just an industry victim.

1 hour ago, madonnagreece said:

All in all the Madonna fanbase is a danmm good community. We are all united behind the great things she creates but that does not mean we need to become a group of zombies who worship the ground she walks on and says she can do no wrong, Madonna herself as no respect for those types. I love the open discussion and different opinions here. I dont want us to ever become like MJ fans, who live in blind adoration every day of our lives, how boring a community would that be? I also dont think that what is going in with Britney Spears is very relevant topic to compare, Madonna is not going through a crisis and if she was, I am certain we would all unite behind her. Idiots that troll on social media are not representative of Madonna's fanbase. I do think that the negativity can go too far sometimes and the fans still living in the past need to wake up, she is still working hard and giving us entertainment at her age, I would dread the day she ever said she was retiring.

Edited by Blond Ambition (see edit history)

33 minutes ago, vesalii said:

Yeah, but Britney was in need, she has been punished for suffering mental health issues (which is stupid and ignorant) and literlly has been forced to work non-stop like someone who is trafficked. But Madonna... She's is just a tantrum reach old woman who is trying to fight back everytime people critize her, is like really? why? some people wont like you and nothing will happen just do your art, how empty is just to do your stuff only and exclusevily cuz ppl don't like you, when I saw that part in the "Madame X" film when she says "ppl don't like that I wear grills so I wear it, they don't like that I wear and eyepatch so I wear it, you don't like me I don't like you, fuck you" is like really? That's not a healthy way to react and the only thing that she is doing now is just to bore people.

And don't come to tell that she has always has been this way cuz is not true, now is cringe.

She is just an industry victim.

Sorry but this is SO extra. You can say anything about Madonna but she ALWAYS had that fuck you attitude. Just because she says that shit on stage now, it doesn't mean she's regressing mentally or she's "slaved" by the industry, you really had the audacity to call her an industry victim as if she's got destroyed and killed by fame (example is the poor Britney), just because some fans don't like her "fuck u hater I do what I want" attitude, bro are you even ok? How is that even a bad thing. She has always given 0 fucks and that's why she has always felt free to say whatever she wants, including the "get pissed lmao" comments like the grill one. I understand fans getting annoyed at her attitude sometimes, totally, but comments like this are something else Imo no offense, sometimes fans really describe Madonna as if she's an old rotten lady suffering of dementia, really, you guys make her appear WAY WORSE than who she's actually is, someone who never gave a fuck about not being liked and just having fun with this

1 minute ago, yeezuslovesmypussybest said:

Also this weird elitist heirarchy among fans, where people can be unnecessarily rude and hostile and sometimes team up to bully other fans, but still get support from other fans because they are popular (I assume).

One being the Inside the Groove guy who regularly provides a new hot take on why Madonna actually isn't very talented/smart/deep etc and seemingly gets more fan support than Madonna herself in any given scandal.

And not only are most Madonna fans not prepared to fight for her on social media, but I have experienced loads of fans actually turning on the few people that do defend her.

This is a perfect example of @madonnagreece point. 

Madonna has evolved since the 80s/1990. If you haven't, that is not her fault. Much of her work, legacy and reason to continue her career is intrinsically linked to her political art (female empowerment, sex positivity, fighting ageism) and it has been that way (on and off) for at least 30 years.

You don't have to engage in fan forums or even view her social media if you're only interested in her 80s persona. But to come out and attack the woman she has evolved into just because it doesn't suit your personal expectation of her, is not "a healthy way to react".

If you don't understand the depth of her provocative art and how it addresses and challenges misogyny/ageism, maybe you should educate yourself before casting judgment. To call it cringe is just embarrassing for you, especially as a Madonna fan.

And this is the perfect example o what @Blond Ambitionsaid "a group of zombies who worship the ground she walks on and says she can do no wrong", like for real?, everything she does has to be an statement? C'mon that's ridiculous, then evrything I do is a statement. I did not even born in the 80's lol, and that's not my favourite persona, I became a Mafonna fan since Confessions. And it does not suit every human healthy reaction lol

50 minutes ago, Andreo said:

Sorry but this is SO extra. You can say anything about Madonna but she ALWAYS had that fuck you attitude. Just because she says that shit on stage now, it doesn't mean she's regressing mentally or she's "slaved" by the industry, you really had the audacity to call her an industry victim as if she's got destroyed and killed by fame (example is the poor Britney), just because some fans don't like her "fuck u hater I do what I want" attitude, bro are you even ok? How is that even a bad thing. She has always given 0 fucks and that's why she has always felt free to say whatever she wants, including the "get pissed lmao" comments like the grill one. I understand fans getting annoyed at her attitude sometimes, totally, but comments like this are something else Imo no offense, sometimes fans really describe Madonna as if she's an old rotten lady suffering of dementia, really, you guys make her appear WAY WORSE than who she's actually is, someone who never gave a fuck about not being liked and just having fun with this

When some one don't give a fuck what other people says they just simply don't react to it, it's like I'm gay, and I'm gay because people hate it lol. I don't even care about homophobic people, is just who I am . Sorry she is just tantrum so...

5 minutes ago, vesalii said:

And this is the perfect example o what @Blond Ambitionsaid "a group of zombies who worship the ground she walks on and says she can do no wrong", like for real?, everything she does has to be an statement? C'mon that's ridiculous, then evrything I do is a statement. I did not even born in the 80's lol, and that's not my favourite persona, I became a Mafonna fan since Confessions. And it does not suit every human healthy reaction lol

Dont misunderstand what I was trying to say. Yes I am perfectly fine with everyone having different opinions but at the same time I think that if someone is going to do nothing but bitch and complain every time they post something here, those types should not belong in a fan club because it just spreads a sore attitude. I also disagree with your comments about her age, Madonna will never stop being Madonna regardless if she is 25 or 100 and thats why we love her.

On topic tho, I understand your anger with people acting annoying and negatively, but Britney is just in a very different position. More than an artists, she's a woman in need of help now, (thanks God she's finally getting her freedom after years of being treated as a money machine) so I think it's a really different thing. Things like this happen in almost every fandoms, it's just that we see this shit more often with Madge, because she's a living legend whose past signed the whole world and pop culture so much that many fans are literally stuck in the past wishing "she never left", basically treating her as a doll, they always want her to be the Madonna they felt in love with for the very first time, lol. It's not so unusual between artists in general tho 

4 minutes ago, Andreo said:

On topic tho, I understand your anger with people acting annoying and negatively, but Britney is just in a very different position. More than an artists, she's a woman in need of help now, (thanks God she's finally getting her freedom after years of being treated as a money machine) so I think it's a really different thing. Things like this happen in almost every fandoms, it's just that we see this shit more often with Madge, because she's a living legend whose past signed the whole world and pop culture so much that many fans are literally stuck in the past wishing "she never left", basically treating her as a doll, they always want her to be the Madonna they felt in love with for the very first time, lol. It's not so unusual between artists in general tho 

I agree with you man, I think those fans need to wake up though. Sometimes I think that Madonna fans forget that she is 63 years old now and wishing for the old Madonna is living in a fantasy world. I am just happy she is still around and creating things, she is a legend, she has nothing to prove. People need to relax and enjoy the ride

guys i am not referring to Britney as an artist, im refering to her fanbase.

Brit went through HELL and very considerable choices but her fans were always there, the vast majority.

Madonna had a f hip replacement and i still see comments from "fans" in here saying i will score MadameX with 1/10 because it was not energetic and messy.......this is absurd  to me  sorry.

what did you expect? A Madonna being active as she was in her 30s?

some of the "fans" dont make any sense AT ALL. 

3 minutes ago, vesalii said:

When some one don't give a fuck what other people says they just simply don't react to it, it's like I'm gay, and I'm not gay because people hate it, I don't even care about homophobic people, is just who I am . Sorry she is just tantrum so...

Sorry but this is so stupid and shallow I barely know what to say. You can give 0 fucks and still have a fuck u attitude, it seems literally so normal to me, how is that even a childish thing? Also, do you really think dealing with shit she fights against such as sexism and ageism everyday wouldn't make you scream of anger at least once? 

I am gonna say this for everyone interested, I am not a blind worshiper, but those people who gave the Madame X documentary a one star review and have the balls to call themselves fans should be ashamed. I saw that tour live and it was incredible, the people bitching about lack of energy might not realize she put herself through hell on earth completing the tour with such a serious injury. need to get with the times, its incredible that she is still kicking the way she is at 63 and we need to support our Queen. People like that do not deserve to call themselves fans and should be removed from fanclubs.

1 minute ago, Blond Ambition said:

I am gonna say this for everyone interested, I am not a blind worshiper, but those people who gave the Madame X documentary a one star review and have the balls to call themselves fans should be ashamed. I saw that tour live and it was incredible, the people bitching about lack of energy might not realize she put herself through hell on earth completing the tour with such a serious injury. need to get with the times, its incredible that she is still kicking the way she is at 63 and we need to support our Queen. People like that do not deserve to call themselves fans and should be removed from fanclubs.

THANK YOU

8 minutes ago, vesalii said:

I guess that what drives people is not that she is 63, is that she's acting 14 when she is 63 lol. But yeah, I guess that some people here are like super blinded and this wont lead anywhere.

And this parody gives a good explanation LOL.

"I will never be what society expects me to be" do your research. Your post is disgraceful. 

Truth? People get bitter cause they grow old and are ashamed or give up and cant enjoy life. she does and good for her.