The Britney Army is the leading example of a fanbase

madonnaultimate

2 hours ago, ScottyX said:

I find it funny when fans get defensive as if an artist needs protection from the playground bullies. If it affects your life, it is time to get a grip on reality. tough love. Rebel heart.

I dont get triggered when they are on twitter being nasty but when they follow her pages etc etc and even fan forums i take issue , its obsessive :) i dislike certain artists and i certainly do not follow them lol - sick of seeing the old " i was a fan of madonnas but now i cant stand her time to unfollow her a" and they dont unfollow  and i see them saying the same thing on madonnas next post - lots of haters posing as fans and i dont know what they want to achieve lol - i always hate it when a woman that looks like a bag of spuds gets nasty about how madonna looks ..bitch LOOK IN THE MIRROR first before being a bitch about how somebody looks 

1 hour ago, yeezuslovesmypussybest said:

Not some of you acting like you're above 'fan behaviour' whilst posting on a Madonna forum?

You spend the same amount of time admiring Madonna as Britney/BTS/Gaga/Taylor/Beyonce fans... The difference is they work together to achieve more for their idol.

If their idol is under attack, or unfairly reviewed, or 'cancelled', or going viral for the wrong reasons... They get unified and fight for their Queen.

Madonna fans use their platform to attack eachother, attack her and rate her work 5/10 on public sites. See the difference?

If you can't be bothered to do right by her, that is your choice. But don't delude yourselves into thinking it's beneath you.

I honestly dgaf and just ignore when they get attacked or else (I mean, I'm a bit sad and mad at the way people always jump to hate etc oc but I ignore it cause it always happens with celebs and goes by so why caring? Idk if it's clear lol), I only answer and join these discussions when I see fans saying gross shit like M fans always say to her, assuming she's suffering from senility dementia, alcoholism, severe mental illness about her body (like wtf?!) etc, all of this because they are stuck with her older incarnations... and always being the first ones at making ageist remarks about her.

That's why I answered in this topic yesterday, idgaf about morons offending her in general cause unfortunately it's usual for humans to hate and being attracted to negativity lol, but I HATE when fans are the first going against her by assuming things like this and almost playing with delicate topics like this to "prove the point she got worse", it's absurd. I criticize her too sometimes, but I never thought shit like this, it's just gross and ageist af. Still they think it's OK and they're "mature fans", i don't get what's going on in this people's minds lol

5 hours ago, yeezuslovesmypussybest said:

Not some of you acting like you're above 'fan behaviour' whilst posting on a Madonna forum?

You spend the same amount of time admiring Madonna as Britney/BTS/Gaga/Taylor/Beyonce fans... The difference is they work together to achieve more for their idol.

If their idol is under attack, or unfairly reviewed, or 'cancelled', or going viral for the wrong reasons... They get unified and fight for their Queen.

Madonna fans use their platform to attack eachother, attack her and rate her work 5/10 on public sites. See the difference?

If you can't be bothered to do right by her, that is your choice. But don't delude yourselves into thinking it's beneath you.

Are you serious with this? 
We are not her PR company. People get paid to do that. If she fucks up we’re not responsible to clean it up. That’s her job and the people she pays to do that for her.

And even more so, many times she know what her fans want and she does the opposite. Which is her right to do but can’t be expected for her fan base to like it.

We’re a very diverse fan base and we don’t follow her blindly like a creepy cult like some other artists’ fan bases. 
And that’s perfectly ok.

As much as there are people who bitch and moan about everything she does, there are also those that would eat up her shit if she took a big dump in their hand - and then ask for more.

There are also those in the middle.

The beyhive is fanatical and insane - say one bad word and they will murder you

Little Monsters are just as bad and so are the Lambs. And I mean they are scary.

These are not fanbases - they are cults. 

I am certain there are people who don't agree with everything their YASSS QUEEN does, difference is, unlike M fans, other fan bases are so unhealthy, if you say one bad or even level headed thing they percieve to be against their QUEEN, they will reduce you to dust.

No fan base is perfect. I prefer to scroll past a few negative comments here, than feel like a hivemind cult member in other fan base forums. 

The monsters don’t like the jazz albums. They don’t like the album version of Babylon. They don’t like the lack of promo for Chromatica. 

The beyhive don’t like I Am Sasha Fierce. They don’t like it when she tours with her husband.

They tweet and Insta that shit all the time. If you wanna be a Care Bear Angel, go to the ICON forums.

1 hour ago, yeezuslovesmypussybest said:

"People get paid to do that" doesn't really stand when you spend so much time on this forum, for free. Which is the exact point I made. Other artists' fans spend that same time actually benefiting the artists online presence and reputation.

You look down on them for doing that for free? I look down on you for speaking negatively about Madonna every day for free. People get paid for that too, yet here you are.

Like I said - If you don't want to engage as a fan you have that right. But not only are you acting like its beneath you (it isn't: you're on this forum) but now you're shaming the people that do put in the effort for her.

Lol I’m not looking down on anyone. Everyone’s entitled to spend their time online however they want.

You’re the one who demands we should all provide free labor for Madonna just because we’re fans. Nevermind most of us are spending a small fortune on her releases and tours

I’m spending time here because I enjoy most of what Madonna does (past and present) and I like to read what many of the members have to say. 
Unlike some of you, I’m able to respect peoples opinions even when they’re not worshiping Madonna.

27 minutes ago, deathproof said:

The monsters don’t like the jazz albums. They don’t like the album version of Babylon. They don’t like the lack of promo for Chromatica. 

The beyhive don’t like I Am Sasha Fierce. They don’t like it when she tours with her husband.

They tweet and Insta that shit all the time. If you wanna be a Care Bear Angel, go to the ICON forums.

I wouldn’t know… I got banned from Gagadaily in 2011 for saying The Monster Ball is trash and I never looked back lol

1 hour ago, thegoldencalf said:

Lol I’m not looking down on anyone. Everyone’s entitled to spend their time online however they want.

You’re the one who demands we should all provide free labor for Madonna just because we’re fans. Nevermind most of us are spending a small fortune on her releases and tours

I’m spending time here because I enjoy most of what Madonna does (past and present) and I like to read what many of the members have to say. 
Unlike some of you, I’m able to respect peoples opinions even when they’re not worshiping Madonna.

Praise this ? 

You can admire some artists' work and spend time, money and energy on them.
As a natural instinct you like to meet more people that share your interest. Having common things unified and helps you to be social, and human after all.
But not everyone has the same relationships with their passions and fads. Some people find that the artists’ work helps them to deal with their sexual identity, preferences or the bullying because of it. For others it is just a  beacon to follow and replicate, others just feel good about their music.
The idea that everyone needs to act in the same way and protect this creative like an idol is dangerous, for the mind of the individuals and for society in general. When people gang up  idolizing one person and becoming their army, nothing good comes from it (Hello America!)
Britney was abused, mocked and destroyed for years by the media and by everyone else that accepted that she was wasted, crazy and burnt with no way back. She became a victim. And what's happening right now is a social response to that. Guilt and pity.
If Madonna would go through some horrible event in her life , like death, illness or accident, the media will turn around her and make her like this strong woman battling for years and defying norms.
Because she is healthy , capable and doing whatever she pleases she is facing , what she faced her whole life: backlash and criticism.
But you just need to watch every other interview from the late 80s onwards and she talks EVERYTIME about this. Too old to do things, being a whore, not  a classy woman , too vulgar and so on.
Because you like someone’s work it doesn't mean you need to be gullible to accept every splinter they break and every opinion they have.
I would stand against those that belittle her for not acting her age or being a lady, not because is Madonna but because I can’t stand misogyny and ageism. But it is up to everyone how and what they want to do about the way they feel.
Some people have followed her work since the 80s, 90s. Some only know her since CODF. Some buy every record and go to every concert, some come here and download all the music because they can't afford it. All of them share a common interest in her work.
But nobody has the right to say that one is less than others to enjoy or relate to the artist or that fandom needs to follow rules and steps. There’s no indoctrination to hobbies and pleasures in life, do things you enjoy because you enjoy them, not because you need to do what someone else tells you to do.

17 hours ago, yeezuslovesmypussybest said:

"People get paid to do that" doesn't really stand when you spend so much time on this forum, for free. Which is the exact point I made. Other artists' fans spend that same time actually benefiting the artists online presence and reputation.

You look down on them for doing that for free? I look down on you for speaking negatively about Madonna every day for free. People get paid for that too, yet here you are.

Like I said - If you don't want to engage as a fan you have that right. But not only are you acting like its beneath you (it isn't: you're on this forum) but now you're shaming the people that do put in the effort for her.

oh my god YASS. My thoughts exactly, couldnt have said this better

On 10/23/2021 at 3:34 AM, yeezuslovesmypussybest said:

I don't agree it is only fans out there giving poor reviews. You do realise part of the M.O of those other fanbases is to give poor reviews to artists they hate and see as a threat. 

In terms of building her up, sorry but you are talking to a mostly aging fanbase that isn't as drawn to social media and the things you have to do to support her that way. This is why M, for the longest time, had poor streaming figures compared to her status as a performer.

I know there are negative people on this forum. I don't think they are responsible for all the things happening outside this forum. There are many factors that I think are getting conflated. 

On 10/22/2021 at 6:25 AM, madonnagreece said:

Sassy? yes. Rude? yes. Daring and faithful to the Icon they love ? Till death.

I'm so SO f disappointed with some of the comments I read here. Is this community dying or like we are left we the bad leftovers?

the name calling, the over the top attitude, the addiction with 1990  even tho its 30 YEARS LATER now.

I'm angry, I'm disappointed and I wonder how some of you call yourselves fans. You are not fans, you just love a ghost of the past and are obsessed with not keeping up with the times.

so take notes from the Britney Army.

honestly, so disappointing . 

I don't really understand how anyone can be a serious Britney fan. BUT I agree 100% with what you're saying.

On 10/21/2021 at 8:25 PM, madonnagreece said:

Sassy? yes. Rude? yes. Daring and faithful to the Icon they love ? Till death.

I'm so SO f disappointed with some of the comments I read here. Is this community dying or like we are left we the bad leftovers?

the name calling, the over the top attitude, the addiction with 1990  even tho its 30 YEARS LATER now.

I'm angry, I'm disappointed and I wonder how some of you call yourselves fans. You are not fans, you just love a ghost of the past and are obsessed with not keeping up with the times.

so take notes from the Britney Army.

honestly, so disappointing . 

Please . Brit Knee Spears fans were happy to have her back up on stage for everything she’s done since the conservatorship started. Remember how bad a way she was in in 2006? They only reason the fans are acting up now is because she hasn’t put anything out for five years and they bored as hell. I have no doubt they care about her but give them 12 months after her so called freedom where she is just living her life and they still ain’t got no new material and they’ll turn. 

Now they think she owes them and they’ll want payment in some way. Dance for us Brit Knee. 

I also worry about Britney. If any of you have a family member who has the same medical conditions as Britney you’d worry about her well being with her new found freedom. I don’t know all the details of the conservatorship and a lot of it is framed really badly… but I have a loved one in a similar position who works really hard and looks like they have their life together and then just switch, it’s chaos and their own life and child’s life is in danger. 
Their parents are sick with worry day in day out. They are ill because of it and they do everything they can, above and beyond, to care and help their child and grandchild.

The authorities can not step in until something awful happens. It’s honestly a nightmare… so cries of “free Britney so she can come and dance for us again” really fall on deaf ears here. I worry she won’t be around in another few years if she is no longer monitored at all. 

Yes a woman should not lose her agency and it’s her life to do what she wants with but my god if she ends up dead there’ll be some stone cold Britney fans out here wondering if what they did was right… even if their heart was in the right place for most of the time. It’s so utterly complex it’s unfathomable

Do I want that kind of response to Madonna? No… and neither does Madonna 

10 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Please Brit Knee Spears fans were happy to have her back up on stage for everything she done since the conservatorship. They only reason they acting up now is because she hasn’t out anything out for five years and they bored as hell. I have no doubt they care about her but give them 12 months after her so called freedom where she is just living her life and they still ain’t got no new material and they’ll turn. 

Now they think she owes them and they’ll want payment in some way. 

I also worry about Britney. If any of you have a family member who has the same medical conditions as Britney you’d worry about her well being with her new found freedom. I don’t know all the details of the conservatorship and a lot of is is framed really badly… but I have a loved one in a similar position who works really hard and looks like they have their life together and then just switch, it’s chaos and their own life and child’s life is in danger. 
Their parents are sick with worry day in day out, I’ll because of it and they do everything they can above and beyond to care and help their child and grandchild.

The authorities can not step in until something awful happens. It’s honestly a nightmare… so cries of “free Britney so she can come and dance for us again” really fall on deaf ears here. I worry she won’t be around in another few years if she is no longer monitored at all. 

Yes a woman should not lose her agency and it’s her life to do what she wants with but my god if she ends up dead there’ll be some stone cold Britney fans out here wondering if what they did was right… even if their heart was in the right place for most of the time. It’s so utterly complex it’s unfathomable

youre absolutely right , she will settle down get married and have a baby and get divorced , the last thing on her mind would be is making new music and especially touring , i get miffed madonna spends so much time on her family and then i kick myself and think "its her life " lol and well her words to a fan on instagram" i am not a performing monkey "- I cant help but wonder if what her dad did was protecting her etc etc but then i do believe she should be left to make her own mistakes so she can learn from them ..

38 minutes ago, hankypanky2021 said:

youre absolutely right , she will settle down get married and have a baby and get divorced , the last thing on her mind would be is making new music and especially touring , i get miffed madonna spends so much time on her family and then i kick myself and think "its her life " lol and well her words to a fan on instagram" i am not a performing monkey "- I cant help but wonder if what her dad did was protecting her etc etc but then i do believe she should be left to make her own mistakes so she can learn from them ..

While I agree…. if those mistakes lead you to lose custody of your kids that can make you spiral into deep depression and harmful thoughts. It becomes a vicious circle. when the “real” you kicks in again… you think “what have I done?”

Anyone can see from many of her posts and her testimonies that Brit comes across as pretty manic. … as a result of the treatment or she’s been treated because of these behaviours. As people on the outside we can only speculate. 

I know my family member is the sweetest most wonderful person …but when that side of them  kicks in they will tell the worst kind of lies about their parents about how controlling they are and how they’re trying to rule their life. When I’m truth they’re trying to save them from themselves. Like I said it’s individual to each cash and it’s extremely complicated. 
Conservatorships are scary. You essentially hand your life over to someone…. But would you have a life to hand over if they weren’t in place. 

I suppose a large part of the conversation is “it’s britneys life to live, take or waste.. she should be allowed to do what she wants”

Is it a determined parents love to keep their child alive despite damage to thier own reputation or is it coercive control? 

Work can be stabilising and goal focused events can keep people in this condition stable, also having children can seriously imbalance the hormones on your body so that you have more episodes and can be degenerative to your state of mind. 

Like I said it’s a minefield. 

12 minutes ago, steady75 said:

While I agree…. if those mistakes lead you to lose custody of your kids that can make you spiral into deep depression and harmful thoughts. It becomes a vicious circle. when the “real” you kicks in again… you think “what have I done?”

Anyone can see from many of her posts and her testimonies that Brit comes across as pretty manic. … as a result of the treatment or she’s been treated because of these behaviours. As people on the outside we can only speculate. 

I know my family member is the sweetest most wonderful person …but when that side of them  kicks in they will tell the worst kind of lies about their parents about how controlling they are and how they’re trying to rule their life. When I’m truth they’re trying to save them from themselves. Like I said it’s individual to each cash and it’s extremely complicated. 
Conservatorships are scary. You essentially hand your life over to someone…. But would you have a life to hand over if they weren’t in place. 

I suppose a large part of the conversation is “it’s britneys life to live, take or waste.. she should be allowed to do what she wants”

Is it a determined parents love to keep their child alive despite damage to thier own reputation or is it coercive control? 

Work can be stabilising and goal focused events can keep people in this condition stable, also having children can seriously imbalance the hormones on your body so that you have more episodes and can be degenerative to your state of mind. 

Like I said it’s a minefield. 

i agree he does not seem well but that may be because of whats went on with her dad , maybe she will get better now