hollywood (thin white duck mix)??? typo? shouldn't it be "thin white duke"

medonner

1 minute ago, PlayPause said:

"Never took off" and "didn't crossover mainstream audiences" are two very different points.

If you don't want to engage with other people, don't start a conversation.

calm down

i want to engage with other people. i do not wish to engage with whatever it is you are. i don't do peoples tantrums.

thank you 

23 hours ago, EgoRod said:

He used to have Thin White Duke for the electronic sound with guitars and drums and Jacques Lu Cont for the harder growing beats with heavy reverb filter, similar to the music he did under Tracques. He only used Man with Guitar for one song under  Kitsune and the Sorry Remix. But it got a point where he started using Stuart Price and SDP on the same line of sounds too.

TOOT TOOT CHUFF CHUFF.....THIS....

....is 'The Thin White Duke' !

18 hours ago, The Resurrectionist said:

Wasn't there also another typo on all Hollywood releases?

The Deepsky's Home Sweet Home Vocal Remix was actually the Dub Mix. Apparently the real dub only appears on a rare vinyl?

I'm confused....you're saying the "vocal mix" is actually the dub yet it's only on a rare vinyl? What do you mean?

Also not to get off topic but i read way back when that the tracks on the cd single are mp3s? I never understood that 

Just now, Alpha said:

I'm confused....you're saying the "vocal mix" is actually the dub yet it's only on a rare vinyl? What do you mean?

Also not to get off topic but i read way back when that the tracks on the cd single are mp3s? I never understood that 

a cd single can't be mp3 as a file format for a regular cd player??????????????????

2 minutes ago, mikeyaj said:

a cd single can't be mp3 as a file format for a regular cd player??????????????????

IT CAN.
There was some Whitney Houston mix spoken at length about on here.....
Speaking of David Bowie....there's a track by him 'You've Got A Habit Of Leaving' on every release so far it's a lossy track.
Even though it rips as a flac/wav.
There's an official release now so hopefully lossless....err lossless this time. :cryin:

3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Dude idk M fans complain about everything i don't even hear the mistakes on celebration so it could possibly be much ado about nothing 

an mp3 is a compressed file format. think cds are wma??? not sure.

burning 4 mp3s to a cd wouldn't mean it can be played on a cd player.

fans always moan lol. i hear the mistakes on celebration, but other than pops and clicks and don't mind the new edits :P

1 minute ago, professormouse said:

IT CAN.
There was some Whitney Houston mix spoken at length about on here.....
Speaking of David Bowie....there's a track by him 'You've Got A Habit Of Leaving' on every release so far it's a lossy track.
Even though it rips as a flac/wav.
There's an official release now so hopefully lossless....err lossless this time. :cryin:

if i burn an mp3 to a cd it's just a data file. it won't play on a regular cd player

1 hour ago, PlayPause said:

a way of playing it down because Thin White Duke essentially refers to David Bowie, so maybe they didn't want to make him angry at one point or spin confusion because him and M never worked together.

maybe my sentence wasn't precise enough :

Thin White Duke essentially refers to David Bowie, so maybe Madonna/Stuart/Warrner didn't want to make David Bowie angry at one point or spin confusion because David Bowie and Madonna never worked together.

Madonna is famous for her spelling mistakes. She labelled the disc "duck" and sent it to Kevin at Warner and it got printed like that. She also mislabeled "Nothing Fails" and "Nothing Falls" on the AL vinyl release. Obviously such a crime requires stoning in the town square.

By 2012 she was so nervous about misspelling anything else, she reduced her name to MDNA.

27 minutes ago, PatrickSamuel said:

Madonna is famous for her spelling mistakes. She labelled the disc "duck" and sent it to Kevin at Warner and it got printed like that. She also mislabeled "Nothing Fails" and "Nothing Falls" on the AL vinyl release. Obviously such a crime requires stoning in the town square.

By 2012 she was so nervous about misspelling anything else, she reduced her name to MDNA.

she's so worried about her spelling her own name wrong she's changed it to britney spears