Your favourite MOMENTS in M songs?

vespertine

For me it's:

- The second chorus of "Open Your Heart" when she goes higher - "open your heart TO ME! Darling..."

- The final "should I wait for you" in DW/SFL

- The last bit of "Burning Up" after the groans: "you know you got me burnin' up, baby! You know you got me burnin' up, baby" - which incidentally is where she unleashes all her sexual energy in the video.

Share yours. :Madonna030:

Well, I love drums, so the thunderous drum solo on the vinyl version of Burning Up is one moment. (the 4,48 one)
And of course the echoed "I'm on FIRE" in the same mix.

Every year I play Who's That Girl on the first day of summer. And when the song comes to the bridge (Light up my life...) I always feel a burst of happiness and excitement. I always dance to it. :)

The "You do it, you take it" part of Thief Of Hearts. Her rap is so cool, and those staggering synths... Wonderful.

In the Calderone mix of Ray Of Light, after the calm part when she starts to sing softly, then stronger and stronger as the music builds up again, and then everything just explodes when she sings "And I Feel!"

On the cd of IGTTYAS, when she sings Lament and get to the line "So what use could fifty, sixty, sevenTY BE" I get goosbumps. 

I have lots of favorite moments. :)

"Only when I'm dancing can I feel this free..." from Into The Groove is the most memorable for me.

Also, the intro to the single version of Vogue with the speeded up Lucky Star synths. "Whoo!:" A call to arms if ever there was one.

Every time she sings "Oh baby ready or not" in Express Yourself.

The explosion of synths after the breakdown in Get Together..."if it's bitter at the start, then it's sweeter in the end." *Bam*

there's so many but out of the top of my head:

~ the MDNA MDNA chant at the end of I'm Addicted
~ the moment there's two voices armonizing and sounding alsmot robotically on Falling Free, and her delivery when she sings the title

i will remember more for sure.

OH, the Vogue sample in Holy Water, right after the synth crescendo

Singy Singy Singy…

the flabblegart vocal sounds in Nobody Knows Me

the chaotic strings in God Control, sounds like 3 tornadoes swirling around

“they are so naive…” (the whole section) sounds so fresh and different

when the chorus finally hits in Medellin

“if you do your homework“

I love the gradual introduction and takeover of vocoder during Give it 2 Me…. “You’re only here to win…”

I’m gonna stop here cuz I could go on forever. 

Wait!!! Two more

her vocal crack when she says “angry little heart…”

and the chorus of Erotica… which I’ve never musically analyzed, but I’m pretty sure it’s sung out of key and it just adds so much to the song that it is sung like that. It sounds a little scary, very vulnerable, almost like a nursery rhyme, and kinda vacant. It’s just so different than any other song I’ve ever heard. 

ok goodnight

1 hour ago, hankypanky2021 said:

"jimmy jimmy ohhh jimmy jimmy " - jimmy jimmy 

" its my birthday song " birthday song 

"hey youuuuu uuuuu" - hey you 

Madonna might read this and think:"mhh, so these are fan favorites right? I might include them in my next tour right after Human Nature and Candy Shop then ?

The intro of Waiting:

Well, I know from experience
That if you have to ask for something more than once or twice
It wasn't yours in the first place
And that's hard to accept when you love someone
And you're led to believe in their moment of need
That they want what you want but they don't

The strings in Frozen after she says ...The key

The first moan of Erotica after I teach you how to.

The pause in Fever.

The Let's get unconscious in the Orbital mix (and the whole intro)

ooh-ha! ooh Ha! Love it's understanding ..in Rescue Me (and the talking bit after)

The stop in Love Profusion

The long ending of the Shep's Keep it Together (like the BA tour)

The pause before the final chorus in Open Your Heart

The singing 'To Innocence' over the sax riff in Goodbye to innocence

I would never get tired of the talking part of Vogue

Can I do a Madame X vocal one?

- 'É É É É'. I swear the woman can create magical melodies using only one vowel.

- 'A bizarre thing that happens to beee'. Absolutely surreal moment. My favorite part of God Control which reminds me of Impressive Instant, like I'm in space or something.

- The bridge of Future using Don't Tell Me lyrics is absolutely magnetic. Just the right amount of vocoder or whatever it's called

- 'I like to be on top. AAAH'.

- Her raspy 'my God look at me now' on Crazy. Also the beginning of the song.

- Finally ending the album with that robotic voice and there's a faint little chant 'I will rise, I will rise' with her normal beautiful voice and it sounds so pretty.