Madonna at AmFAR last night.

Brendanlovesu1

4 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Madonna was the special guest at amfAR last night to honor Jeremy Scott and presented a speech (see insta video post)

252720738_266371548771831_55588870041504

photo by: @abdaddy

I didn't know about this till I found the info here! Nothing on her insta yet... she's still having the MX rings... lol the era is not closed yet! 

Good speech.

The look in my opinion isn’t good but whatever, even the best people screw up their looks.
What continues to bore me is her use of social media. Only form. Little content. She only posts pictures of herself, she seems obsessed with her looks.  I miss when she had a sense of mystery and only posted very few things on Facebook, like announcements, new releases.
Now she seems to want to share everything she does with us, she's no longer the unattainable perfectionist star she once was. I also miss when she was posting ugly pictures of herself, she looked crazy but I actually preferred it. Now it's just image but still it's a fake representation of herself, not at all inherent to reality. I can understand some slight retouching of the images, like a beauty mode that makes the skin smoother, but she really changes her face: she changes the shape, she enlarges her eyes. She becomes a person who doesn't exist and doesn't give a good message.

She also seems to not accept herself as she is, which is why she has also gone overboard with cosmetic surgery. She has always done enhancement procedures, from the beginning of her career, but I think it became an obsession and eventually the procedures worsened her face.
She has always had an enviable physique, not very feminine, but athletic and built over decades of sacrifice. Now she's moved on to getting implants on her buttocks that look like they've attached to her a hot air balloon with glue.
And now she looks short and clumsy, she is no longer the dancer we knew, it’s ok to get old and have health issues, but even when she walks she seems to move awkwardly.

The point is that before she had a totally different conception of her image and appearance. Now she seems to want to be an influencer, a Kardashian, not an artist. I understand that getting older and at the same time landing in a world of social media where everyone shows themselves for what they are not can lead you to that.

Sorry for this reflection, but it just came to me, then of course I will always defend her and always defend the message she brings forward at her age, but she just seems a little lost to me.

2 hours ago, Loru said:

Good speech.

The look in my opinion isn’t good but whatever, even the best people screw up their looks.
What continues to bore me is her use of social media. Only form. Little content. She only posts pictures of herself, she seems obsessed with her looks.  I miss when she had a sense of mystery and only posted very few things on Facebook, like announcements, new releases.
Now she seems to want to share everything she does with us, she's no longer the unattainable perfectionist star she once was. I also miss when she was posting ugly pictures of herself, she looked crazy but I actually preferred it. Now it's just image but still it's a fake representation of herself, not at all inherent to reality. I can understand some slight retouching of the images, like a beauty mode that makes the skin smoother, but she really changes her face: she changes the shape, she enlarges her eyes. She becomes a person who doesn't exist and doesn't give a good message.

She also seems to not accept herself as she is, which is why she has also gone overboard with cosmetic surgery. She has always done enhancement procedures, from the beginning of her career, but I think it became an obsession and eventually the procedures worsened her face.
She has always had an enviable physique, not very feminine, but athletic and built over decades of sacrifice. Now she's moved on to getting implants on her buttocks that look like they've attached to her a hot air balloon with glue.
And now she looks short and clumsy, she is no longer the dancer we knew, it’s ok to get old and have health issues, but even when she walks she seems to move awkwardly.

The point is that before she had a totally different conception of her image and appearance. Now she seems to want to be an influencer, a Kardashian, not an artist. I understand that getting older and at the same time landing in a world of social media where everyone shows themselves for what they are not can lead you to that.

Sorry for this reflection, but it just came to me, then of course I will always defend her and always defend the message she brings forward at her age, but she just seems a little lost to me.

Blah Blah Blah, I have been hearing the same old bullshit since 1983 from fans like you, the moment she first reinvented herself. You talk as if you somehow know anything about what Madonna wants and is planning to do. I wish Madonna would stop posting so much on social media but not because I think she is becoming a Kardashian or some crap like that, its just that not posting would shut drama queens like you up. Its funny to me how clueless some fans are, they say Madonna has changed and im thinking where have you been for 30 plus years? change and reinvention is literally what Madonna is, every time she releases a new album. Madame X is just a phase and there will be others. People need to stop taking things so seriously, she is having fun and enjoying herself at this stage in life and it is unfair for us to expect her to be who she was at 25 years old anymore. Madonna is still Madonna, its certain fans who are obsessed and living in the past.

Edited by Blond Ambition (see edit history)

6 hours ago, Blond Ambition said:

Blah Blah Blah, I have been hearing the same old bullshit since 1983 from fans like you, the moment she first reinvented herself. You talk as if you somehow know anything about what Madonna wants and is planning to do. I wish Madonna would stop posting so much on social media but not because I think she is becoming a Kardashian or some crap like that, its just that not posting would shut drama queens like you up. Its funny to me how clueless some fans are, they say Madonna has changed and im thinking where have you been for 30 plus years? change and reinvention is literally what Madonna is, every time she releases a new album. Madame X is just a phase and there will be others. People need to stop taking things so seriously, she is having fun and enjoying herself at this stage in life and it is unfair for us to expect her to be who she was at 25 years old anymore. Madonna is still Madonna, its certain fans who are obsessed and living in the past.

Blah blah, you are one of those Nazi-fans, I've been reading similar comments since when I was born. Those fans who think that no criticism can be made of Madonna because she is like a deity, absolute and unerring.

I argued what I said, explaining how I interpret what I see. And anyway, beyond my interpretation which I wrote in my previous comment, there are some aspects of what she does that I don't like, even just the fact that the way she looks in social media is totally fake (maybe the fakest celebrity ig profile I know) and that conveys an absolutely negative message that leads more and more people to dysmorphia.

She's not the only one who does this, she’s not the one responsible of that, but when it comes to her I just say that I can't appreciate this. I expected her to be more careful about body positivity.
I've always supported Madonna at so many times and appreciated the Madame X era, however, she's a flawed person and one I may not appreciate everything about 100%.  And I'm not talking about a reinvention of her like the many she has done in the past.
I don't expect to see her dance like she danced in 2012, I don't live in the past, you get older. It's just that I feel like she's totally deconstructing her image. And she can do that, but I may not be totally convinced by the way she's doing it.

Edited by Loru (see edit history)