Santa Baby on The Charts

DontTemptMe26

24 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

I forgot that it was part of a charity record that did pretty well. It will be strange to take the song from the whole album, considering is a bunch of artists effort.

But with streaming, it wouldn't affect at all to the album, they just need to pick the song and put it on Spotify and Apple Music Christmas playlists. Problem is the original "Santa Baby" and other cover versions like Kylie's are now super popular. Original is 143 M on Spotify and Kylie's version 134 M. Madonna's version is only 7 M :sad:

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

It's sad that she's got a Christmas song and no one knows/cares about it. 

It's all about playlisting, maybe this year with her new team and Warner back they can give it a push on some essential Christmas playlists. :sad: Bad news is there are a million covers of that song, of course.

I hear it every Christmas like at leat 20 times in either the store or the Christmas music Channel in the US so it's not like it's ignored, but it never was a proper single. It was on a disk called A Very Special Christmas, and was easily the most popular track on it, so it has been played every year constantly for the last 36 years. I heard it in Barnes and Nobel yesterday actually but it was them playing their own list, not the album it was on, so it gets player a lot. It's probably the most popular version of the song, regardless of Eartha Kit.

On 11/17/2021 at 4:10 AM, Prayer said:

But with streaming, it wouldn't affect at all to the album, they just need to pick the song and put it on Spotify and Apple Music Christmas playlists. Problem is the original "Santa Baby" and other cover versions like Kylie's are now super popular. Original is 143 M on Spotify and Kylie's version 134 M. Madonna's version is only 7 M :sad:

Woah....Those numbers....

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2021 at 12:20 AM, Prayer said:

It's sad that she's got a Christmas song and no one knows/cares about it. 

It's all about playlisting, maybe this year with her new team and Warner back they can give it a push on some essential Christmas playlists. :sad: Bad news is there are a million covers of that song, of course.

I hear it all the time actually but I listen to holiday music channels.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...