Curtains

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Curtains

So I ended up getting 52 votes, thanks a lot to everyone! I'll be away for the rest of this week and since people wanted a tiny bit more time to be aware of when the results show will be happening, I can announce that the Results Show will happen next Tuesday, on December 21th, at 3pm EST / 9pm CET. Hope you'll be able to be there! @Holger, @Fernando, @PanditaRulez, @Unruhe, @Fabiolous, @mirtillo, @MisterMistere, @EgoRod, @Andreo, @cybertotor, @chipie, @Room977, @Inco, @voguem

Curtains

Hi everyone ! Since we'll soon be celebrating the 40th anniversary of Madonna's career (!!), and due to popular demand, I'll organize a megarate for every single Madonna album. Let's start where it all began, the first album, released in 1983. As requested by most users who participated to the last game, non-album tracks from the same era will also be included.   Rules: - Make sure to know all the songs included in the competition. - Rate each song from 1 to 10. Yo

Curtains

Might be interested : @Fabiolous@stefo@Karma@Enrico@Tony Fortin@yeezuslovesmypussybest@le0nard0@Andreo@Leandro Gomes@Renato Iodice@GhostOrchid@CYSMM@Matty@gafuller@migsou@RUADJAI@mirtillo@MisterMistere@voguemadonna@shakeyerdix@Polaris@Winn@scamper@Robertthenurse@Danton@jesus@Unruhe@SuperBicycle@Fontainebleau@EgoRod@Homogenic79@CVMAD@chipie@Blond Ambition@truevirgin@mcat@proxy@deathproof@Room977@Shoful@PanditaRulez@Inco@Voguerista@Robertson II@Jet@Nick@Sven@patrice1711@Daphne Du Maurier@cybe

Posted Images

Just now, HC Charge said:

Wow, I totally didn't expect Borderline to take no. 1 spot even if I LOVE that song, but really didn't expect so many fans rate it so high as well. Nice surprise. 

Thank you @Curtainsand looking forward to next megarate

You're welcome! I expected Holiday myself (and would have totally agreed with that since it's my fave from the album) but Borderline is really great too ! :)

14 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

@Curtains I have a small request. Can we go out of order. Instead of Like a Virgin, can we do an album from the middle somewhere? :jumpy:

I thought of this but feared they might do the reissues in chronological order and ideally wanted to do the megarates before the reissues were released. That way i could have a last round with the exclusive tracks competing.

10 hours ago, HC Charge said:

Wow, I totally didn't expect Borderline to take no. 1 spot even if I LOVE that song, but really didn't expect so many fans rate it so high as well. Nice surprise. 

Thank you @Curtainsand looking forward to next megarate

Well, to me, it's one of the best songs of her entire catalogue. Amazingly written, sung, performed, everything. I wish Physical Attraction went top 3 with Holiday and Borderline though

Wow a great countdown, thanks to @Curtains for organising. I must say I am a bit surprised with some of the results, I expected Holiday to be #1 even though it is not my personal favourite, but am happy my favourite came in at #2.

I think the bottom 3 are fair, it is hard to compete against the smash singles, but listening to Madonna again made me appreciate how this is such a fantastic album which has stood the test of time.

My comments, which I wrote as I was listening, for what they are worth are

• Lucky Star - Not a strong opener, the only version I really like are the live versions, specifically WTG and CT.
  • Borderline - Better than LS, but still needs to pack a punch, which it lacks, especially knowing what is coming up.
  • Burning Up - Classic, top song so far. Holds a special place as this is the first song of Madonna I can remember and was what made me a fan.
  • I Know It - basic and fun, a bit of a filler. Not a classic like LS but i still I like it.
  • Holiday - The is the best version, I am sick of it in concerts, but in this album it is an absolute standout.
  • Think of Me - Like I know it, but still prefer to LS. Like the brass saxophone section.
  • Physical Attraction - Not one of the best, but still a great album track.
  • Everybody - Classic as it is the first single, but a bit repetitive. Much better live.
  • Ain’t No Big Deal - Similar to I know it, Think and Physical. A bit more boppy, I like it.

14 hours ago, Curtains said:

I thought of this but feared they might do the reissues in chronological order and ideally wanted to do the megarates before the reissues were released. That way i could have a last round with the exclusive tracks competing.

Nah the Reissues definitely won't be in chronological order. 

oh, I forgot to check this till today! I was hoping for more LOVE for "Think of Me", which always was a favourite and with time it's maybe the song I listen to the most from the album. happy with "Borderline" at number 1, another one that I've come to appreciate more in the last few years. "Holiday" I never listen to anymore. and regarding "I Know It"... I knew it, haha.

Edited by desperateK (see edit history)

• Enrico unfeatured this topic