Madonna’s worst career decision

Starchild

On 12/14/2021 at 6:37 AM, vasili said:

It was easier to align herself with and be maternal towards the Britney's of the world 'cause they weren't a threat.

Lady Gaga's force and talent shook her to her core, however, and that is the crux of it; not a supposed soundalike song.

Madonna didn't publicly celebrate her fans or talk about youth bullying until Lady Gaga started owning that space.

I'm not even that big of a Gaga fan these days but history will show that she shook the industry up in many ways.

It definitely felt like "Hey guys, remember me? I did it first, 20 years ago, when it wasn't popular". I can't really blame her, cuz Gaga got a lot of praise for the same things M got a ton of bullshit for in 80's/90's. I'm sure most fans will place the blame on Guy Ritchie, but still.

In 2003, when asked if the Britney kiss was a statement on same sex relationships, her response was "No, I made those statements ten years ago". Where was Kazaky or anything gay during Confessions, arguably her gayest record ever?  John Norris even asked her about distancing herself from the community during the Confessions era.

I believe that distance, her giving up on major fashion reinventions, and making bland music videos paved the way for Gaga to storm the industry with the classic M playbook, that M herself seemed done with.

They should have dueted during The Fame Monster/BTW and kept it cute. 

Prepared to get dragged now lol

On 12/4/2021 at 11:59 AM, Ryder said:

Lola was 2 and that's what her right decision... mama Madonna! 

I mean Rocco was barely a year old when she did DWT. Where was Mama Madonna then?

On 12/13/2021 at 7:17 AM, mr00mister said:

someone mentioned it already, but yes, Kevin Antunes as lead music director for her last 4 tours.

It takes away the "live" sound experience from her shows. He has said he prefers to sample from the original steams and tapes to "respect the producer's original intention" but dude, I don't pay for a live show to hear exactle the song as on the album. I wanna hear real drums, real guitar, a real bass. I believe the only moment with real instrumentation on the Rebel Heart show was the title track. the Madame X shows had this hybrid thing that kinda worked in some tracks and didn't in others. but she deserves a real band with a real live sound. 

The sampling works if it's certain bits and pieces and not everything. Also some of her songs (specifically the 80s material) need live instruments. Like the version of Express Yourself that she did at a private gig a few years ago pales in comparison to other iterations of the song because they used the stems and a weak drum machine. The fact they used every stem from the Shep version except for the drums is ridiculous! That's where the bulk of the remix's power comes from. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2021 at 11:37 AM, vasili said:

It was easier to align herself with and be maternal towards the Britney's of the world 'cause they weren't a threat.

Lady Gaga's force and talent shook her to her core, however, and that is the crux of it; not a supposed soundalike song.

Madonna didn't publicly celebrate her fans or talk about youth bullying until Lady Gaga started owning that space.

I'm not even that big of a Gaga fan these days but history will show that she shook the industry up in many ways.

might have known , a little monster ..not a chance in hell madonna was shook by gags talents - there was nothing to be shook about - i think she was shook she copied her so much back then though .im glad she stopped 

On 12/17/2021 at 2:04 AM, Pootz333 said:

It definitely felt like "Hey guys, remember me? I did it first, 20 years ago, when it wasn't popular". I can't really blame her, cuz Gaga got a lot of praise for the same things M got a ton of bullshit for in 80's/90's. I'm sure most fans will place the blame on Guy Ritchie, but still.

In 2003, when asked if the Britney kiss was a statement on same sex relationships, her response was "No, I made those statements ten years ago". Where was Kazaky or anything gay during Confessions, arguably her gayest record ever?  John Norris even asked her about distancing herself from the community during the Confessions era.

I believe that distance, her giving up on major fashion reinventions, and making bland music videos paved the way for Gaga to storm the industry with the classic M playbook, that M herself seemed done with.

They should have dueted during The Fame Monster/BTW and kept it cute. 

Prepared to get dragged now lol

I think it was more " hey i wrote this song first " and this bitch ripped it off ..i dont think this harmed her in anyway ,if anything it got all the young gaga fans in a rage over her putting Madonna's work and name in their minds :) it was a great move in my opinion ..she should of sued - i think she did behind closed doors :)