Madonna’s best decisions

BadGurlMadge

15 hours ago, madgefan said:

Calling Patrick Leonard and Rick Nowells to shape the writing in most Ray Of Light tracks. Then ditching Babyface's tired sound and recruiting William Orbit to reinterpret all her ideas and share with her a new vision and sound.

Hear Hear!
Ray Of Light blew new life into a half sleeping career. Another record like Bedtime Stories could have damaged her career, and turned her into one of the stars who has to work in the elephants graveyard (Las Vegas)

Another early good desicion was to surround herself with some of the best prople in the business. Freddy DeMann and Liz "The Validator" Rosenberg are just two who helped make her a superstar, and keep that position.

18 hours ago, madgefan said:

Calling Patrick Leonard and Rick Nowells to shape the writing in most Ray Of Light tracks. Then ditching Babyface's tired sound and recruiting William Orbit to reinterpret all her ideas and share with her a new vision and sound.

Absolutely this. That decision really pulled her from the wilderness and made everyone finally realise and appreciate what a genius artist she is.

There are too many choices to pick from but acting in A League of Their Own/ TUTBMP. So many different people, people that don't normally care for her, different age groups etc LOVE that movie/ song. Going on 30 years now. I know people love Evita and DSS but League feels the most beloved by the GP. Her and Rosie should remake Outrageous Fortune 😁

Pulling Amazing from the DWT setlist to prevent WB from using a live performance of the song as a music video.

M wanted Impressive Instant to be the 4th single from Music as did THE FANS but WB wanted Amazing instead. WB had a vote on their website about the 4th single and Impressive Instant easily won but WB ignored the results and tried to force Amazing anyway so M dropped the song from the setlist so they couldn't promote it with a video.

Impressive Instant could have been one of the best music videos of her career and the song was certainly edgier than Amazing which sounded like a recycle of Beautiful Stranger

Her advocacy for 'unpopular' causes such as HIV awareness in the 80s, sexual expression in the 90s, ageism now. I think it is many of these actions that resonate with her long term fan base. Madonna is an inspiration to me for many reasons but these are a few of them.

Getting song writing credits on many of her songs and (as far as I understand) having the publishing rights to most of her music. 

On 12/5/2021 at 9:23 PM, Blue Prince said:

Resisting that feminine urge of toying with the Black Madonna theme for the cover of Hard Candy. Definitely a good decision.

this was maybe the best she did, it would have came back to haunt her to these days, and her detractors would still use it. I can't imagine myself defending her for that.

Working with Mirwais in 2000.

It's easy to overlook it now but back then, something like "Music" (the song) or some songs on the album... I mean, there was NOTHING like that on mainstream pop music back then.

I'll never forget listening to "Impressive Instant" for the first time. What a moment.

21 minutes ago, Prayer said:

It's easy to overlook it now but back then, something like "Music" (the song) or some songs on the album... I mean, there was NOTHING like that on mainstream pop music back then.

I'll never forget listening to "Impressive Instant" for the first time. What a moment.

So true! It was so fresh!

2 hours ago, Prayer said:

We all like to singy singy singy like a bird on a wingy wingy wingy.