Madonna’s best decisions

BadGurlMadge

• 4 weeks later...

Her best decisions, in my opinion:

1. Releasing Bedtime Stories to cool her image after Erotica. Both albums are very good, but I'm not sure if the public could've/would've endured her much longer if she had continued that overwhelmingly bold image of the Erotica era.

2. Being so persistent in taking on the role of Evita.

3. Deciding to make Truth or Dare/In Bed with Madonna (though it really looked like a pain the ass to do!).

4. Taking an eight-year break with touring after The Girlie Show. Some of her fans complain that Bedtime Stories didn't get a proper tour with it, but after 10+ years in the business and all that goes with it, she most likely just needed a break from the touring schedule.

I agree with: 

Ditching Babyface and other plans for ROL

Vogue as a single

...my choice:

Bedtime Story video

Evita

Geisha segment in DWT tour + Paradise Video + Lo que siente instead of E-Album version 

Live to tell in CT

Opening of MDNA tour

Opening Vogue RIT

Oh Father / Spotlight as Japanese single (great collecting item - allthou might rather b Warners decision)

Beast Within Video/Photoshoot with Klein and THAT dress!!

Ultimately: Truth or Dare - our guidance trhou  our life/passion/dealing with death and BJ on bottles

Working with Patrick Leonard, Stephen Bray, Shep Pettibone, William Orbit and Stuart Price

Hiring Stuart Price as Musical Director for DWT, RIT and Confessions 

Deciding to make Truth or Dare 

Playing Susan in Desperaely Seeking Susan

Evita 

Releasing Bedtime Stories, then Something To Remember  after Erotica and in the lead up to Evita 

On 1/20/2022 at 7:04 AM, Renato Iodice said:

Removing the majority of Orbit's demo from Music.

At that time William Orbit said they were doing demos of songs that would hymns for generations to come, but neither Amazing or Runaway lover achieved that. Really just Mirwais stuff with her made history: music and don´t tell me. What if feels was great but it´s not with William Orbit. I really like Arioso or Liquid love, but the magic of ROL is not in them. Was Patrick Leornard missing the problem?

15 hours ago, Drownedboy said:

At that time William Orbit said they were doing demos of songs that would hymns for generations to come, but neither Amazing or Runaway lover achieved that. Really just Mirwais stuff with her made history: music and don´t tell me. What if feels was great but it´s not with William Orbit. I really like Arioso or Liquid love, but the magic of ROL is not in them. Was Patrick Leornard missing the problem?

I think so. Orbit is just an overrated one trick pony: in fact, the best ROL tracks are co-produced with Leonard and Nowels.

Pulling Amazing from the DWT setlist to prevent WB from using a live performance of the song as a music video.
M wanted Impressive Instant to be the 4th single from Music as did THE FANS but WB wanted Amazing instead. WB had a vote on their website about the 4th single and Impressive Instant easily won but WB ignored the results and tried to force Amazing anyway so M dropped the song from the setlist so they couldn't promote it with a video.

Impressive Instant could have been one of the best music videos of her career and the song was certainly edgier than Amazing which sounded like a recycle of Beautiful Stranger

True but I still really enjoy Amazing as its own song.