Did Give 2 To Me destroy any chances of successful future Madonna singles?

Aaron Evans

12 hours ago, Alpha said:

But it's still being streamed lol and  is in the top 20 of her most streamed songs (number 13 currently) The performance actually really increased the numbers which was i believe the same day or week that Ghosttown MV premiered in April. The remixes and video werent released until June and of course those helped it increase. As for the video only being streamed because of the celebs, I'm sure initially probably but it had legs and is currently at 342 million views. Ghosttown only has 42 million, Living for Love has even less with 36 million. Also both LFL and GT were performed EVERYWHERE and still flopped yet BIM only had one performance. All 3 were also released in that initial EP. 

All you are saying makes sense, the beat is really catchy and the song might have some public appeal. I can't understand the flop of LFL and GT except for ageism. The songs are so good. I love how much effort she put in the Rebel Heart promo. Lots of great performances, Joan of Arc live on Ellen was beautiful. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, dontmindus said:

All you are saying makes sense, the beat is really catchy and the song might have some public appeal. I can't understand the flop of LFL and GT except for ageism. The songs are so good. I love how much effort she put in the Rebel Heart promo. Lots of great performances, Joan of Arc live on Ellen was beautiful. 

Living for love is horrible, the vocals etc... Not a first single material tbh. 

I don't understand the Ghosttown flop. Everything was on point. Maybe timing? 

Bitch I'm Madonna was good, video etc... but the performance on the RHT dind't match with it. 

8 hours ago, dontmindus said:

GT was just SO boring....I've never understood the love and praise for this song. Anyone could've sung it. She also looked SO bored singing this song it didn't really surprise me that it didn't make it to the RHT setlist other than a few random shows. 

The singles choice for Rebel Heart didnt help it, in my opinion... some demos are better than actual songs on the album. I think Unapologetic Bitch is way more interesting than BIM, Rebel Heart the song could have been a great single. The music video for LFL is so dark and dont quite match with the song. The Era had its incidents, but she was trying, at least. We can't say that about HC and MDNA, lol

12 hours ago, Alpha said:

GT was just SO boring....I've never understood the love and praise for this song. Anyone could've sung it. She also looked SO bored singing this song it didn't really surprise me that it didn't make it to the RHT setlist other than a few random shows. 

I agree on it being boring and overrated as a song but she didn't look bored singing it. I loved her live. She looked like she was actually making an effort vocally unlike most of her lives and sometimes she even fell on her knees for it. Which is something that Madonna always does but you can't say she looks bored doing so lol

8 minutes ago, Blue Prince said:

I agree on it being boring and overrated as a song but she didn't look bored singing it. I loved her live. She looked like she was actually making an effort vocally unlike most of her lives and sometimes she even fell on her knees for it. Which is something that Madonna always does but you can't say she looks bored doing so lol

Disagree she looked bored like she heard fans loved it and thought they would make it a hit and kept at it until she was like fuck it bitch im madonna. I mean she was clearly SO over it she sang BIM on fallon instead of it.

11 hours ago, dontmindus said:

The singles choice for Rebel Heart didnt help it, in my opinion... some demos are better than actual songs on the album. I think Unapologetic Bitch is way more interesting than BIM, Rebel Heart the song could have been a great single. The music video for LFL is so dark and dont quite match with the song. The Era had its incidents, but she was trying, at least. We can't say that about HC and MDNA, lol

to be fair though we should never have heard them demos :) ghosttown is a amazing song , i dont think she ever looked bored singing it infact i wish we had a HQ clip of her performance of it at the dicaprio event she did - getting older and a shift if how people buy music (streaming) ruined her charting chances

Edited by beautifulkiller (see edit history)

On 12/14/2021 at 4:22 PM, Alpha said:

I really hate beat goes on but it definitely would've been a bigger hit and kept up the momentum. I wonder what Candyshop would've done...imagine that alternative universe where it was the lead lol

i like CS. makes logical sense as lead single. but 4 minutes maks more sense on paper

On 12/15/2021 at 11:40 AM, nito84bcn said:

Living for love is horrible, the vocals etc... Not a first single material tbh. 

I don't understand the Ghosttown flop. Everything was on point. Maybe timing? 

Bitch I'm Madonna was good, video etc... but the performance on the RHT dind't match with it. 

living for love is a great madonna lead single.............. but he vocals are mot mixed right and seem lost in the production and the video was so obviously made for phones and streaming. it just wasn't good enough. it had nothing to make it seem lead video

On 12/15/2021 at 8:43 PM, Alpha said:

And the video is so pretentious and makes me cringe.

i think you just don't like the song that much which is cool. i personally love that song ... i remember the same time the give it 2 me song or video came

out i had my first gay sex experience; so it will always be special lmao i am guessing it was like march or april  of 2008 or 2009 

he was not very smart and you could tell he was very promiscuous, he always texted to "bring me that good dick" but he was bad at spelling which is a major turn off lmao.... it was a 2-3 time thing.... ahhhhh memories. lmao. ? 

thank god the Dr was able to scrape my bussy clean 

i like the song and here is why - 

it's a dance floor song like her first album 

it's catchy... think supermarket hits 

pharrell actually had some good songs and beats through the years with nerd and his production work yea i know it was played out by the time madonna got there but whatever, 

the song is a bop and the video is "art"

Imo- it's cute and just a snapshot of what madonna was going thru in that time frame. 

to say that give it to me was the song that make her not have a radio hit is preposterous. the only song that has ever sucked so bad that it could have happened would have been Hey you, but it was just a one off promotional single performance. and some people like that, so give the woman a break lol