2022: Madonna's Comeback?

baymad4her

2 hours ago, momosfantasy said:

I don't think Interscope did her any favors with the last 3 albums, considering there were next to no physical releases for any of the singles.  Madonna is a collectible artist, and IMO it was a dumb mistake on the record companies part to more or less rely on digital sales to drive the single releases.  I also think there were bad single choices from Rebel Heart, in the respect that all the singles from the album were taken from the rush-release of those first 6 songs.  I seem to remember those getting some attention when news of the album leak hit the media, so most of the casual listeners probably already had all three of the singles by the time she released them.  Don't get me wrong, Ghosttown always deserved to be a single, as did LFL, but she should have picked a song like Heartbreak City or Inside Out for the third single and left BIM as the 4th or a promo single or something.

Everything about the promotion of Rebel Heart was a mess. So many potentially great singles. Considering it was an era of almost entirely digital releases they could've easily released a single every month until the tour.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/29/2022 at 6:50 AM, TonyMontana said:

lol yes actually it's just that i didn't say it clearly in my post 😂😂😂 The producers of the new Beyonce track have done of sublime work, it's dance with a few subtles 90's nod but very modern and there is class to it, in a way it has those "Vogue" class but in 2022 and it could be very interesting if Madonna was working on a track with those producers. I still can't believe i'm talking about a Beyonce track because her music have never done anything for me, but as soon as i heard her new track (didn't recognize her voice at first) i knew i was hearing a smash hit, a classic anthem and a very well produced one. 

I don't want to hear about Beyonce anymore 😂😂

On 6/30/2022 at 6:33 AM, rescueme said:

Everything about the promotion of Rebel Heart was a mess. So many potentially great singles. Considering it was an era of almost entirely digital releases they could've easily released a single every month until the tour.

But, would anything have changed? Ghosttown - her best ballad in a long time went no where - despite it being performed everywhere - 

Having said that, I do think Warner/Madonna have switched to the streaming age finally and seem to be looking more at how to maximize that portion.

1 minute ago, baymad4her said:

Always seems to be that way with older female artists. It's happening to Beyonce now, calling her old and disgusting and she needs to put her clothes on.

In a way I am glad, not because I condone it, but it's now not just Madonna fighting it alone. 

1 minute ago, Jackie said:

In a way I am glad, not because I condone it, but it's now not just Madonna fighting it alone. 

No
Diana Ross, oh she's 78.
If I heard that one more time...
The reason I like her is her songs n her voice.
A few bum notes live but who the fuck cares.

Prince's advice To MJ was 'try an Elvis'.
Stripped back, rearranged and live 'live'.

Does Madge still have a voice enough to sing at a festival ?

3 minutes ago, Jackie said:

I think the pop rules now are once you have had a child it starts.  The ground swell of age stuff.  People think Mothers shouldnt be acting like this. Dont start me.  Also their single chart positions start falling.  M held on for longer than most in this area and to still have top 10's right up to MDNA is pretty incredible. I just saw the Elvis pic and there were so many parrallels especially towards the end of his career.  the press were brutal. Then he dies and he universally loved again.  Such a strange world we live in

19 minutes ago, blondebenji said:

I think the pop rules now are once you have had a child it starts.  The ground swell of age stuff.  People think Mothers shouldnt be acting like this. Dont start me.  Also their single chart positions start falling.  M held on for longer than most in this area and to still have top 10's right up to MDNA is pretty incredible. I just saw the Elvis pic and there were so many parrallels especially towards the end of his career.  the press were brutal. Then he dies and he universally loved again.  Such a strange world we live in

It really is! Streaming changed the industry in a big way post 2010 - allowing access to a whole new generation and younger generation- which changed the dynamic.

Also - releasing music became so much easier - you didn’t need a label - you could just pay $80 and it’s on all streaming platforms etc. 

So it’s a combination. It’s such a crowded market now and the generation accessing music is younger - teens, pre teens etc 

I will repeat it again, I don´t think it´s ageism as much as bad pieces of work and bad image released again and again...Masive audience saw her singing badly at Eurovision, she should have taken better care of her vocals if she was going to sing in front of such a masive audience. That harm to her proffesional reputation was very very big.

Glasto is the greatest music festival and platform in the world. No comparison. It just… it’s special. The vibe there is unparalleled and That’s not easy to create. I think she’s buzz her tits off doing something like that but she’s need to get past the nerves and like I think I said before… ten years ago she’d have killed it. Confessions era was really when she should have done Glasto tbh. 
a collapse. 

I don’t think she can hold a general audience in her hand now like she could have done back then. She’s hasnt played to the peanut gallery for nearly 15 yrs. 

it’s front row fanatics now which is largely the problem. I fear a Glasto could be disastrous. She’s need to do it at the end of a tour run so she’s rehearsed to fuck. 

At this point her only chance at success is if she cleans up her image and becomes a more demure older legacy act. And of course delivers music that’s commercially viable. 
But as long as she has her tits out on instagram and filters her face to look 26 and keeps up with the trends of young hip artists nobody will take her seriously even if she makes the best music ever.

she needs to start showing her age and longevity and be proud of it and demand respect for that. And find a more unique identity as she used to have 

1 hour ago, thegoldencalf said:

At this point her only chance at success is if she cleans up her image and becomes a more demure older legacy act. And of course delivers music that’s commercially viable. 
But as long as she has her tits out on instagram and filters her face to look 26 and keeps up with the trends of young hip artists nobody will take her seriously even if she makes the best music ever.

she needs to start showing her age and longevity and be proud of it and demand respect for that. And find a more unique identity as she used to have 

Exactly that!

3 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

Stupid. If she's happy with herself showing her tits why the hell should she stop? It's literally 2022 and we have so many young people spreading awareness of body and sex positivity and respect of sex workers onlyfans etc yet Madonna who was very much a trailblazer for that movement in the 90s is excluded from it just bedcause of her age. Enraging.  Not to mention how boring AF she was for Ghosttown yet that didnt go anywhere. I'd rather Madonna be happy showing off her tits without having a hit again as opposed to her changing herself to get "respect" which everyone should f*cking have regardless if you're a slut or not. Daft.

I´ll repeat it again, it´s not the showing of her tits, it´s the bad live performances and the strange face that it is hurting her, strange videos on the bath with a strange face saying strange things about covid that alienate people from her. Madonna was a brand about all fashion, good taste, perfeccionism, profesionalism, and being modern, now it´s a brand about ugliness, acting strange, singing bad and have a strange face. She needs to return to her legendary features, I agree, tits out or not.

49 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Stupid. If she's happy with herself showing her tits why the hell should she stop? It's literally 2022 and we have so many young people spreading awareness of body and sex positivity and respect of sex workers onlyfans etc yet Madonna who was very much a trailblazer for that movement in the 90s is excluded from it just bedcause of her age. Enraging.  Not to mention how boring AF she was for Ghosttown yet that didnt go anywhere. I'd rather Madonna be happy showing off her tits without having a hit again as opposed to her changing herself to get "respect" which everyone should f*cking have regardless if you're a slut or not. Daft.

Hey you’re preaching to the choir. I don’t mind or care about her showing off her tits. I loved her pride appearance last pride. I’m just stating what the world requires in order to take her seriously.

But also her I do feel like her public persona these days seems a bit forced and not so organic as it used to be in the 90s

Im wondering if this truly makes her happy or she forces this public image to prove a point or maintain relevance 

1 hour ago, thegoldencalf said:

Hey you’re preaching to the choir. I don’t mind or care about her showing off her tits. I loved her pride appearance last pride. I’m just stating what the world requires in order to take her seriously.

But also her I do feel like her public persona these days seems a bit forced and not so organic as it used to be in the 90s

Im wondering if this truly makes her happy or she forces this public image to prove a point or maintain relevance 

I mean the world also required her to not support gay causes or be naked on top of a dog of being hung on a disco cross but she's Madonna. Lol she's in her 60s and damn thats how i wanna be when im that age. Do i love all her musical output? Nah. I really loathe MX and RH but that's what she WANTS to do. Unless shes out killing people selling drugs to children i really have no reason to be against her.

41 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I mean the world also required her to not support gay causes or be naked on top of a dog of being hung on a disco cross but she's Madonna. Lol she's in her 60s and damn thats how i wanna be when im that age. Do i love all her musical output? Nah. I really loathe MX and RH but that's what she WANTS to do. Unless shes out killing people selling drugs to children i really have no reason to be against her.

Yes that’s true. But back then she was in touch with the market and ahead of trends. Now she’s lagging behind. 
And most of it was done through her art not by exposing herself daily on social media. 
I mean let’s compare the interviews she was doing in the 90s where she was relaxed candid and smart. Dressed in amazing appropriate outfits and looking gorgeous. And then fast forward to MadameX. Where she did a few interviews looking ridiculous constricted in those corsets and being so incredibly off putting. 
I mean it started with the British accent in the early 2000s and her credibility went downhill from there. 
I don’t know. I think she should just come across more genuine and grown up. Like when she had that Billboard Awards speech a few years ago. Now that’s someone everyone will pay attention to.

4 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

Yes that’s true. But back then she was in touch with the market and ahead of trends. Now she’s lagging behind. 
And most of it was done through her art not by exposing herself daily on social media. 
I mean let’s compare the interviews she was doing in the 90s where she was relaxed candid and smart. Dressed in amazing appropriate outfits and looking gorgeous. And then fast forward to MadameX. Where she did a few interviews looking ridiculous constricted in those corsets and being so incredibly off putting. 
I mean it started with the British accent in the early 2000s and her credibility went downhill from there. 
I don’t know. I think she should just come across more genuine and grown up. Like when she had that Billboard Awards speech a few years ago. Now that’s someone everyone will pay attention to.

But alot of people said she was pretentious back then too lol the 90s she was always considered vulgar and she only cleaned up to get Evita. ROL was really the only exception and even then there was still alot of criticism of her mention of Kaballah cut to the Esther years and people found her boring and past it. Madonna will NEVER be respected by society but thats ok.  She's living her life and still doing what she wants. She's not oblivious to comments people make and she'd rather live life her way. I admire her for that.