2022: Madonna's Comeback?

baymad4her

I'm so disappointed that I never see Madonna in the charts anymore.

In the UK, every greatest hits album is in the charts, month after month, even Eminem's greatest hits is there. The Immaculate Collection is nowhere to be seen, this album should be in the charts every week. 

On the singles chart; Elton John has just had his second number one of the year, in a couple of weeks he will have his third. The last time Madonna had a top 10 in the UK was in 2009, with Celebration, which reached number 3. I can't help thinking there's a bit of misogyny going on there, when Madonna collaborates with younger artists, she's called desperate, when Elton John does it, he's applauded.

It feels like everyone has forgotten about her and everything that she has achieved. I'm really hoping 2022 is Madonna's comeback, with the biopic and expanded albums. 

What does everyone else think?

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, baymad4her said:

On the singles chart; Elton John has just had his second number one of the year, in a couple of weeks he will have his third. The last time Madonna had a top 10 in the UK was in 2009, with Celebration, which reached number 3. I can't help thinking there's a bit of misogyny going on there, when Madonna collaborates with younger artists, she's called desperate, when Elton John does it, he's applauded.

100% agree. Plus no one asks Elton why he's still making music, for instance.

I don't know, her new team seems to be doing a good work. Her press coverage during the last few months have been much better than in the previous years. With that, coming back to Warner and the biopic, I think she will be fine.

She definitely has another comeback in her, and I believe they have been working on it for some time. But it won't be in 2022, more likely 2023 with a tour in 2024. 

And btw, Elton is not really applauded, he comes across as the most desperate, chart-hungry, has been. From hijacking the Years & Years version of It's A Sin at the Brits this year to his utterly nauseating Ed Sheeran duet, I'm not sure this is how I want Madonna to bow out for the sake of another top ten...

Chart-wise I think the nostalgia era (movie + remasters) will hopefully and surely help and do what the other biopics did :D if we talk about a comeback in terms of new music, I think there are high chances to get an OST for the film but also M15 right after the biopic, imagine getting a movie with an OST, the Reissues with unreleaseds, a definitive hits compilation, M15 and a GH tour! Damn that would be heaven! 

She doesn’t need a comeback imo - I just don’t think the general music buying public is not interested in her anymore- she isn’t doing herself much favours by her social media shenanigans either - even with the remastered albums coming out let’s be honest it’s only going to be the fans on here buying these and getting excited 

as for Elton - there is no way people are buying those tracks based on his input so that’s a complete fluke imo

maybe the biopic ( whenever the fuck it gets made) might give her a resurgence in popularity but that depends on who plays her in the film and how good it is - if it’s in the same league as Bohemian rhapsody it might hopefully ??

1 hour ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

She doesn't need a comeback. She never went away

She has, chart wise. That's what I'm talking about.

I'm so annoyed that The Immaculate Collection is the only greatest hits that never charts anywhere, yet someone like Eminem's crap does.

I'm just curious if she will be forced by LN to do a GH tour in 2022 given she canceled so many MXT shows and MXT was clearly unprofitable. According to court documents, Celine's Vegas residency contract with AEG required Celine to do additional international tours if an agreed amount of net profit had not been reached. I don't know if this is also the case for M.

I think that we need to ask ourselves if charts are even important anymore. I would rather Madonna make great music that the fans will enjoy than stoop to Elton John's level of terrible collaborations. It would be nice if Madonna made a comeback in terms of the charts but for me it is not very important. I do think that her being back with Warner is a very good sign though, I was really impressed with their promotion of Madame X Concert Film. Rebel Heart and MDNA were shamefully promoted by Interscope because it was largely a touring contract she signed.

Edited by Blond Ambition (see edit history)

What really needs to change is that her fans need to step into the present and stop saying "she needs to do this Madge you're above this don't do that" etc because all that catches on and creates a "SEE NOT EVEN HER FANS LIKE HER ANYMORE" environment. It also amuses me how alot crap on the Frozen remix when clearly it was going viral. People complained about insta being too ugly so she finally serves us looks yet people complain there's filters as if shes the first and only person to ever use filters. She really is damned if she does damned if she doesnt. The only difference is that fans try to overcompensate and try to be "anti-stan" and do nothing but bitch.

14 minutes ago, Josh Wang said:

I'm just curious if she will be forced by LN to do a GH tour in 2022 given she canceled so many MXT shows and MXT was clearly unprofitable. According to court documents, Celine's Vegas residency contract with AEG required Celine to do additional international tours if an agreed amount of net profit had not been reached. I don't know if this is also the case for M.

The LN deal is over 

47 minutes ago, Bermu said:

Just... THIS.

Some years ago, I used to download every and each picture from her IG, Snapchat, etc.

Nowadays, I don't care about all those new "photo shots" by Ricardo Gomes, "magazine covers" by Klein, etc. I can't see in them neither the diva I've loved for 25 years, nor "the art" she's talking about these days, and I'm sorry for it.

I only care about her awesome legacy and the fucking great music and videos she made.

And the only thing I'm waiting for is a new music album that surprise me again and make my body hair stand up like before the entire Madame X era.

So Madame X is the only album in 40 years that didnt surprise you and because of that you're over her? Or are you saying you're over her because of Ricardo Gomes and Klein and instagram? Weird.

I do believe its one set of rules for male stars and one set for female.  This is a perfect example.  As you said she collaborates with a younger artist, shes desperate and Elton John is applauded.  Coldplay just worked with BTS.  Applauded.

But put it this way, I would rather her never get another No 1 again if she has to do a christmas duet with Ed Sheeran to get it

22 minutes ago, blondebenji said:

I do believe its one set of rules for male stars and one set for female.  This is a perfect example.  As you said she collaborates with a younger artist, shes desperate and Elton John is applauded.  Coldplay just worked with BTS.  Applauded.

But put it this way, I would rather her never get another No 1 again if she has to do a christmas duet with Ed Sheeran to get it

Beyonce herself has hopped on many #1s and she's female. I think it's a Madonna thing and starts from the fans complaining. I really dont think people would say any anything if the fans didnt start stuff first.

3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Beyonce herself has hopped on many #1s and she's female. I think it's a Madonna thing and starts from the fans complaining. I really dont think people would say any anything if the fans didnt start stuff first.

Beyoncé has just turned 40 this year. Let's talk about her in 2041.

I don't know, but no one asks U2, or Elton or Bruce or the Rolling Stones why they still keep doing what they do and that's a fact, not Madonna fans complaining, I think. But maybe I'm wrong.

12 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Beyoncé has just turned 40 this year. Let's talk about her in 2041.

I don't know, but no one asks U2, or Elton or Bruce or the Rolling Stones why they still keep doing what they do and that's a fact, not Madonna fans complaining, I think. But maybe I'm wrong.

Ok then you have J Lo who still collabs, Mariah too. Then when Cher was going to with Gaga you didnt have Cher stans throwing her under the bus. Same with Janet. Kylie as well. 

Not charting I Don't Search I Find, I Rise, Ghosttown, Living For Love, Medellin, etc. and never chart again >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.... (a universe in between)...>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> a christmas duet with Ed Sheeran