2022: Madonna's Comeback?

baymad4her

18 minutes ago, Bermu said:

Weird or not, I'm just saying my opinion, as valid as yours.

I don't find Madame X era thrilling at all, as a M fan. And I dislike all these random social media photshoped pics at all.

I like Madame X album, but I don't love it as I love Rebel Heart, MDNA, Confessions, Ray of Light, Like a Prayer or any other. I can't find Madonna, the diva, on it. And I enjoyed watching Madame X Tour online, but my heart was not beating fastly, I didn't feel in real love as with other tours. My opinion, man. Like it or not. Do you understand? My English is not native, not perfect, but my opinion is not weird. You're sounding weird judging my opinion. And I'm not over her, my God... what a drama!!!

You're right, and its weird. Btw i really could not stand the MX and felt like I was watching Moira Rose but its dumb to have 2019 define her and her entire career...i mean a 40 year career and this is what broke the camel's back? ?

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Alpha said:

You're right, and its weird. Btw i really could not stand the MX and felt like I was watching Moira Rose but its dumb to have 2019 define her and her entire career...i mean a 40 year career and this is what broke the camel's back? ?

Madame X is one of those albums that fans either seem to really like or really hate. Personally, I was getting incredibly tired of the same old dance stuff and was glad that she released something more experimental. Madame X is not a singles album, it is meant to be listened to as a whole, even though Crave is criminally underrated in my opinion.

Edited by Blond Ambition (see edit history)

6 minutes ago, Blond Ambition said:

Madame X is one of those albums that fans either seem to really like or really hate. Personally, I was getting incredibly tired of the same old dance stuff and was glad that she released something more experimental. Madame X is not a singles album, it is meant to be listened to as a whole, even though Crave is criminally underrated in my opinion.

Yeah i mean i cannot say i hate it, im just being overdramatic but i definitely do not understand the praise it gets but then again I'm an MDNA stan

9 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Yeah i mean i cannot say i hate it, im just being overdramatic but i definitely do not understand the praise it gets but then again I'm an MDNA stan

Its totally fine if us fans have different tastes regarding Madonna's albums. I utterly despise nearly everything about MDNA as an album except for a few tracks like Girls Gone Wild. But hey, atleast we got a good tour.

44 minutes ago, Blond Ambition said:

Its totally fine if us fans have different tastes regarding Madonna's albums. I utterly despise nearly everything about MDNA as an album except for a few tracks like Girls Gone Wild. But hey, atleast we got a good tour.

MDNA will be the hill i die on! The only thing i hated was lack of promo magazine covers etc

Madonna might not be as relevant as she use to be, but, she still has a big fan base that supports her. So many of us have been there since the beginning. Like life itself, it's been a journey through it's ups and downs...and an unpredictable, fascinating, and entertaining one at that. With that said, I think a a big Arena (Reinvention 2) type tour (please Madonna, don't do a theatre tour again)to go along with the bio pic and a greatest hits release (with a few new hit songs added. Madonna, Stewart Price again?) might help put her at that top level again. 

6 hours ago, Shoful said:

Her chart comeback would’ve been the Future Tour Version if she released it

It's good. It's not THAT good. :Madonna049:

Commenting on collabs...  You have to admit, M doesn't have a great track record with collabs. They're usually not amazing. And the one thing that separates most of these other artists is that they have a "sound" that they usually bring to the collab. Whereas Madonna being the chameleon she's always been... doesn't have that instantly recognizable sound she brings to the table. (What is a Madonna sound?) Her voice changes, her genres change. (Champagne Rose she's a Chinese Robot.)

I think she's missing a big opportunity to not make a Ray of Light part 2.   NOT EXACTLY THE SAME before everyone attacks the idea. But... go watch the Nothing Really Matters video. The visuals, the elements of the song. It's essentially emotional electro house music with pianos playing psychotic chromatic notes in a breakdown. It didn't sound like anything before, and it still doesn't sound like anything now. The vocal harmonies. The background singers. BRING BACK NIKI AND DONNA. a bridge that doesn't seem tacked on as an after thought/or a chore but actually completes the song. Songs that have a personal meaning for her, but are universally understood. I think Crazy is a "catchy" song, but I feel absolutely NOTHING when I listen to it. I don't feel the pain she's singing about. The metaphors are so random that you almost have to study the lyrics to understand what they're going for. It's so try hard and all I can do is wish I was listening to Crazy by Gnarls Barkley. 

Ok Im just rambling. 

She also needs to properly mix her music. 

4 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

Commenting on collabs...  You have to admit, M doesn't have a great track record with collabs. They're usually not amazing. And the one thing that separates most of these other artists is that they have a "sound" that they usually bring to the collab. Whereas Madonna being the chameleon she's always been... doesn't have that instantly recognizable sound she brings to the table. (What is a Madonna sound?) Her voice changes, her genres change. (Champagne Rose she's a Chinese Robot.)

I think she's missing a big opportunity to not make a Ray of Light part 2.   NOT EXACTLY THE SAME before everyone attacks the idea. But... go watch the Nothing Really Matters video. The visuals, the elements of the song. It's essentially emotional electro house music with pianos playing psychotic chromatic notes in a breakdown. It didn't sound like anything before, and it still doesn't sound like anything now. The vocal harmonies. The background singers. BRING BACK NIKI AND DONNA. a bridge that doesn't seem tacked on as an after thought/or a chore but actually completes the song. Songs that have a personal meaning for her, but are universally understood. I think Crazy is a "catchy" song, but I feel absolutely NOTHING when I listen to it. I don't feel the pain she's singing about. The metaphors are so random that you almost have to study the lyrics to understand what they're going for. It's so try hard and all I can do is wish I was listening to Crazy by Gnarls Barkley. 

Ok Im just rambling. 

A truly emotive album is exactly what I feel like she has been missing for a long time now. She tried to bring that back with Rebel Heart but the flow of the record was ruined by stupid tracks like SEX and Bitch Im Madonna.I am totally tired of the dance albums and get kinda mad about all the fans clamoring for another Confessions. It would be cool to see Madonna come up with something truly deep and personal but without being a bore, something that Ray of Light achieved perfectly, I enjoyed Madame X but it was much too experimental to be a big chart success. I feel like Madonna and her team are doing a very good job right now of promotion and keeping her in the public eye and dont want to see opportunities for a hit fucked up by incompetent promotion from her label, poor lead single choice and messy collaborations. Another thing is that the quality of her music should never be judged on chart success as that is often dictated by an artists current popularity rather than actual quality, Ed Sheeran could come up with the worst crap imaginable and it would still be a hit, surely that recent abomination by him and Elton John has shown us that. OK, I am done with my rant now.

12 hours ago, Régine Filange said:

And what's the random comparison with Elt*n? He collabs with big artists and got his biopic already, ofc the boost is big.

Yes that is right. And he has had long periods where he has been washed up and noone has given a flying fuck about him. He is just in a really good place now because he did the movie, a greatest hits tour and some great collabs. Madonna will have her time to be appreciated in the same fashion.

Elton John started his hijacking in 1990. The Adamski collab was the source of derision. Disney saved him chartwise but people always talk about his 70's albums as his peak.

I saw really salvage articles about their Sheeran & Elton duet & special. 

I wish Madonna won't go this way. Her duets with Brit & Justin did not go well with fans & critics (even if chartwise 4 minutes was a good decision) GMAYL, Crave, Medellin, all these duets & featuring she did to chart are not welcome by us here thread after thread. The solo live version of Future >>> the album version feat. Quavo. These collabs look too calculated to be appreciated. 

In fact she should totally forget about charts when recording and releasing the next album (like she did with Ray Of Light as a matter of fact). I don't know about Crave but Mirwais said Medellin was a last minute addition. Madonna is at her best when she's not trying. 

SCAN_8_66c27d7c-a02c-4580-8dcd-6b3b741bbb0a_1024x1024.jpeg

13 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

Ok Im just rambling. 

IT WOULD BE THE COMEBACK TO END ALL COMEBACKS

Imagine a debut video for the era of this amazing Future. The sun engulfs the planet destroying Madonna, she emerges out of the ground in ashes like a Phoenix and comes as Madame X. The video shows Madame X scouring the Earth recounting tragedies of her past in moments that would’ve prevented the ignorance of climate change and the destruction of mankind. 

There are a million other ideas than Ray Of Light part two. Let it die already hens. 

a lo-fi record

a punk record 

a dub record

a rock album

an alt Rnb album

an acid house album

a psychedelic California album 

she does not need to revisit old ground so closely. It’s boring. 

56 minutes ago, steady75 said:

There are a million other ideas than Ray Of Light part two. Let it die already hens. 

a lo-fi record

a punk record 

a dub record

a rock album

an alt Rnb album

an acid house album

a psychedelic California album 

she does not need to revisit old ground so closely. It’s boring. 

Madonna attempting a rock album would literally doom any chance of chart success at all, so I think we can rule that one out.

2 minutes ago, Blond Ambition said:

Madonna attempting a rock album would literally doom any chance of chart success at all, so I think we can rule that one out.

A pre Madonna rock style album is probably what I want from her more than anything else. Some of those tracks are incredible 

10 minutes ago, steady75 said:

A pre Madonna rock style album is probably what I want from her more than anything else. Some of those tracks are incredible 

Oh for sure, that would be pretty awesome to see what she could come up with. I think that Madonna fans are left with two choices. Do we want her to make incredible music for the people that support her or do we want her to pursue trying to achieve chart success by lowering herself to Elton Johns pathetic level of collaborations. Even if she did have another big hit through collaboration, it would ultimately feel like a hollow triumph because it was just achieved by leeching onto some relevant artist. Madonna really has nothing to prove at this point and she should embrace her incredible legacy.

6 hours ago, Shoful said:

IT WOULD BE THE COMEBACK TO END ALL COMEBACKS

Imagine a debut video for the era of this amazing Future. The sun engulfs the planet destroying Madonna, she emerges out of the ground in ashes like a Phoenix and comes as Madame X. The video shows Madame X scouring the Earth recounting tragedies of her past in moments that would’ve prevented the ignorance of climate change and the destruction of mankind. 

Oh boy, this reads like one of my bad acid trips back in the 80's?

Madonna is the most successful, living musical solo artist in history.... What exactly is she coming back from?  I love every era from Madonna to Madame X.  Madonna has never let me down, even once.  Truly the bar is set so high for her and to be honest, the critiques are a bit unnecessary.  Madonna helped invent the modern pop sound and now there are those that question whether or not she belongs within that world.  Without questiob, it has been a phenomenal journey and the Queen will always reign supreme in my book.  Again, Madonna has nothing to come back from.  As if she has to catch up with the has beens or the wannabes.   I do not want Madonna to be the next K-Pop or Ariana Grande.  I want her brilliance to shine bright and her uniqueness to remain forever.  I want more Madonna and not a repackaged counterfeit.  

Just now, Sultrysully said:

Madonna is the most successful, living musical solo artist in history.... What exactly is she coming back from?  I love every era from Madonna to Madame X.  Madonna has never let me down, not even once.  Truly the bar is set so high for her and to be honest, the critiques are a bit unnecessary.  Madonna helped invent the modern pop sound and now there are those that question whether or not she belongs within that world.  Without question, it has been a phenomenal journey and the Queen will always reign supreme in my book.  Again, Madonna has nothing to come back from.  As if she has to catch up with the has beens or the wannabes.   I do not want Madonna to be the next K-Pop or Ariana Grande.  I want her brilliance to shine bright and her uniqueness to remain forever.  I want more Madonna and not a repackaged counterfeit.