2022: Madonna's Comeback?

baymad4her

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Jet said:

She does still look like herself. She’s in her 60’s, she could look a lot worse! She’s still doing amazing performances and releasing music as good as if not better than anyone else around.

Oks, the thing is: I did not liked Madame x really, I think she can look very nice for her age, but I don´t know if it´s the filters or what, sometimes I get horrified with her pictures, starting with the marilyn monroe ones. Amazing performances, mmm the last two things she did this year were not very good for me not vocally nor visually, nor musically but I like that some of you enjoy them. About her music, I think she is very able to do good one if she wants. I can tell you I adore MDNA and quite like some of the song on Rebel Heart and Hard Candy, despite these albums being brutalized by some fans here and out constantly. I actually don´t adore Confessions so much as fans here, although ok, I agree the tour was perfect and amazing and the era was great.

13 minutes ago, Jet said:

Sounds like we have the same taste-I love mdna and hard candy and most of rebel heart. Confessions is my least favourite. The met gala a couple years ago was great,  the mx tour was great, Eurovision would have been if she wasn’t so nervous. She’s never had a flawless voice for live tv performances. I think she’s still got it and she’s already given us so much. 

She sounded off in the leaked rehearsal clip ..i dont think it was nerves she was just not fit vocally prob due to so much time not singing , lack of training , the stairs didnt help either ..i dont blame madonna for that i blame her manager and people around her letting her go on stage and sing live when they knew she was not on top form - its odd because i think madonna would be the first to admit she sounded off so why dont people around her tell her i dont think she would be offended - she even said on terry wogan interview that if somebody said she sounded like shit they could quite possibly be right 

Edited by beautifulkiller (see edit history)

6 minutes ago, beautifulkiller said:

She sounded off in the leaked rehearsal clip ..i dont think it was nerves she was just not fit vocally prob due to so much time not singing , lack of training , the stairs didnt help either ..i dont blame madonna for that i blame her manager and people around her letting her go on stage and sing live when they knew she was not on top form - its odd because i think madonna would be the first to admit she sounded off so why dont people around her tell her i dont think she would be offended - she even said on terry wogan interview that if somebody said she sounded like shit they could quite possibly be right 

These days, it appears that Madonna is surrounded with handlers who would prefer to not tell her the truth about anything. She needs to ditch that scrub of a boyfriend also.

4 minutes ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

These days, it appears that Madonna is surrounded with handlers who would prefer to not tell her the truth about anything. She needs to ditch that scrub of a boyfriend also.

i sound horrible but i was kind hoping they split up when i had not seen him in her social media but he was in the christmas tree one , i feel she is heavily influenced by her partners or inspired and i dont know i dont feel he is good for her but then i thought she was unhappy during the madame x era but on the tour video shes seems really happy so maybe she is happy with him

I’ve never really thought of M needing a “comeback” until after the MXT. 
her popularity always has a waning period, usually due to her usual antics or throwing her political opinion(s) out there…but she’s always brought herself back to being popular, if not returning to relevance (which I’ve never thought she lost anyway).
If promoted correctly,  I think the reissues can hit the right note with the older GP that may have forgotten about her music, or only think The Immaculate Collection is worth a listen. Then there’s the younger GP that only get Madonna as a legend with no motivation to seek out why she’s a legend in the first place. There’s a real opportunity to solidify her status as the musician that paved the path for so many other artists that have followed. 
Hopefully it’ll translate to a “comeback” , as I’ve no doubt these will presented as “new” releases. 

the LN/Interscope years seemed more of a quantity over quality issue with her albums, especially with the blatant gimmickry of Deluxe and Ultra Deluxe editions of MDNA, RH, and MX. Not to mention the necessity for fans to purchase imports for a single bonus track, or different cover art. 

On 12/19/2021 at 3:00 AM, Ziggy Stardust said:

The thing you guys are missing right now is the fact that back in those days, Madonna was much more relevant than she is now. Comebacks were possible then because of her mass appeal, despite outrage from conservatives. Now, I feel like her spell is broken, she has tons of fame these days but little influence or power. I dont care about her having hits, I just want good music. If she does want to achieve some relevance again however, she should stop self destructing with the Kardashian behavior on social media, nobody thinks its sexy or art as she likes to claim. We need a good reinvention and a good album with decent promotion this time, that is her only slight chance for another hit and it better come soon because she is not getting any younger.

Because getting older is a sin for women. Why are you so concerned about her "public image?" She is the same person whether she appears in whatever you deem an appropriate outfit or one you don't like. Her values are intact. She still cares about humanity. 

15 hours ago, RebelHeartbreak said:

I’ve never really thought of M needing a “comeback” until after the MXT. 
her popularity always has a waning period, usually due to her usual antics or throwing her political opinion(s) out there…but she’s always brought herself back to being popular, if not returning to relevance (which I’ve never thought she lost anyway).
If promoted correctly,  I think the reissues can hit the right note with the older GP that may have forgotten about her music, or only think The Immaculate Collection is worth a listen. Then there’s the younger GP that only get Madonna as a legend with no motivation to seek out why she’s a legend in the first place. There’s a real opportunity to solidify her status as the musician that paved the path for so many other artists that have followed. 
Hopefully it’ll translate to a “comeback” , as I’ve no doubt these will presented as “new” releases. 

the LN/Interscope years seemed more of a quantity over quality issue with her albums, especially with the blatant gimmickry of Deluxe and Ultra Deluxe editions of MDNA, RH, and MX. Not to mention the necessity for fans to purchase imports for a single bonus track, or different cover art. 

i would be bothered if other female artists her age were having smash hits ..they are not and this speaks for itself 

2 hours ago, beautifulkiller said:

i would be bothered if other female artists her age were having smash hits ..they are not and this speaks for itself 

Funny that people make a big deal out M's current albums sales but not her peers's lol, I remember when Celine and Mariah both dropped albums right before M and both didn't even sell as MX apparently (I even remember reading that Celine had the biggest sales fall ever, going from #1 to out of Billboard in a week lol) and nobody even talked for real about them at all. M still keeps people talking, even with her new releases not succeeding, and despite being rough and unfair towards her, people talk about her current sales because they actually expect her to do great I guess

7 minutes ago, Andreo said:

Funny that people make a big deal out M's current albums sales but not her peers's lol, I remember when Celine and Mariah both dropped albums right before M and both didn't even sell as MX apparently (I even remember reading that Celine had the biggest sales fall ever, going from #1 to out of Billboard in a week lol) and nobody even talked for real about them at all. M still keeps people talking, even with her new releases not succeeding, and despite being rough and unfair towards her, people talk about her current sales because they actually expect her to do great I guess

some fans even expect her to do great even when they do not buy or stream her new records lol im at a point where i dont care if she charts ..after ghostown flopped it made me realise its not about the quality of her music anymore its something else - i dont worry about it i dont think she does either

12 minutes ago, ScottyX said:

We are the only ones noticing the charts. Madonna is so rich I believe in her fantasy she's still number 1 lol

no she noticed too she even mentioned billboard after her performance at the vmas but in a joking fashion - there is no way in hell she thought madame x would be a commercial smash hit ..she even said it was a follow up to amercian life and we all know that album did not do very well ...loads of artists struggle now even the younger ones like britney and xtina and kylie

Edited by beautifulkiller (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Glindathegood said:

What do you think we can reasonably expect in 2022? I don’t know if the movie will be finished by then. Maybe the reissues. I wonder how much promotion she will do of those? 

I predict 2022 to be like 2011. Busy behind the scenes that will lead to a big 2023. I'll assume the reissues will get alot of social media promotion but maybe only one or two tv interviews. I really wish she would do a video for Vogue of her fashion moments like Cher Kylie and Gaga or Allure like Janet. Little things like that go a long way.

2 hours ago, Glindathegood said:

What do you think we can reasonably expect in 2022? I don’t know if the movie will be finished by then. Maybe the reissues. I wonder how much promotion she will do of those? 

What I think:

- One or two releases as part of the Warner back catalogue deal: maybe 2 reissues or 1 reissue and 1 unreleased/demos album. I can see her doing promo for those, not big but maybe some interviews and stuff.

- Maybe some new music like the "Frozen" remix, a standalone single/EP or collaborations in other people's albums.

- She'll film the movie.

On 12/18/2021 at 6:35 PM, Robertthenurse said:

I agree. Warner is giving her the recognition she deserves. I'm surprised Crave didn't get radio attention -- love that song. 

I guess she's right, if your an older woman, you don't get played on the radio. Clearly the above argument is correct. Elton John sucks. Saw him in concert. Left halfway through. Boring af.

i listened by accident in a dressing room his duet with Gaga. Sheer cringe  horror got me

17 hours ago, LikeAMelody said:

Because getting older is a sin for women. Why are you so concerned about her "public image?" She is the same person whether she appears in whatever you deem an appropriate outfit or one you don't like. Her values are intact. She still cares about humanity. 

I am concerned about her public image because we are talking about the possibility of future hits and having your PR intact is an important part of being an artist. It is her right to wear whatever she wants at any age but that does not change the fact that many of those moves are ruinous for her reputation these days. Madonna can look like a plastic Kardashian with a fake butt all she wants, but that will do nothing to help her fix the image she has so disastrously fucked up since Madame X. She is not taken seriously right now, it is time she goes back to being an artist and not an influencer who posts crap that everyone laughs at on social media all day. I say these things because I am a fan and I dont want to see her perceived as a fool in the mainstreams eyes. She has always caused controversy, the difference now is that the behavior does nothing to serve her art, it is just disjointed and random cringe posted on social media.

On 12/19/2021 at 2:41 PM, beautifulkiller said:

i sound horrible but i was kind hoping they split up when i had not seen him in her social media but he was in the christmas tree one , i feel she is heavily influenced by her partners or inspired and i dont know i dont feel he is good for her but then i thought she was unhappy during the madame x era but on the tour video shes seems really happy so maybe she is happy with him

And I'm happy for Madonna. Regarding her love life. 

Edited by Pretty Madonna (see edit history)

15 hours ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

I am concerned about her public image because we are talking about the possibility of future hits and having your PR intact is an important part of being an artist. It is her right to wear whatever she wants at any age but that does not change the fact that many of those moves are ruinous for her reputation these days. Madonna can look like a plastic Kardashian with a fake butt all she wants, but that will do nothing to help her fix the image she has so disastrously fucked up since Madame X. She is not taken seriously right now, it is time she goes back to being an artist and not an influencer who posts crap that everyone laughs at on social media all day. I say these things because I am a fan and I dont want to see her perceived as a fool in the mainstreams eyes. She has always caused controversy, the difference now is that the behavior does nothing to serve her art, it is just disjointed and random cringe posted on social media.

Thank you for your thoughtful response. I pretty much agree with you, trust me. I just think she is always going somewhere with what she says or does and do not buy into her just wanting to "be relevant" or "follow trends." I know Madonna can carry a conversation with someone on subjects that go beyond the superficial. 

During her Blond Ambition tour I thought she made statements on American standards for females and revealing the individual underneath.  She stood out more then because feminist at the time seemed to be rejecting feminine traits as a way of getting out from underneath the labels. 

I do think a lot of artists who say they were inspired by Madonna missed the point in her work. 

I go back and forth with what I think about what she is doing now. Is she making an artistic statement or did she have a nervous breakdown after her divorce and her family unit splitting up? She has still been releasing thoughtful music since then but seems to be  highlighting songs more in line with what other pop stars would be releasing as singles. Back in the 90's she pushed for songs like Bedtime Story. 

Not sure if she has had more or less control over her music in the last decade. 

I do think she has to connect with the general public to earn a hit. I do believe an older woman as oppose to an older man  has a more difficult time doing this although both experience ageism....but a song has to connect with a lot of people. 

Pop Music even though youth driven since the 50's seemed to still be loved by people of all ages when Madonna first started but does it seems only younger people create a hit with streaming now? Youthful "usually" means trendy and less individualistic. On the surface anyway. 

The difference I think between then and now is Madonna didn't seem to be in one mood for years. You saw many more sides to her than she is showing now. 

I do agree with you but am trying to understand her. I was in a defensive mood when I made that post. 

17 hours ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

Meh people felt the same way about the SEX book, people felt the same way about the kids books, people felt American Life was the worst album to make. People said kaballah was ruining her making her boring. People accused her of kidnapping her children from Africa. The sky will ALWAYS be falling. Even if she removed all the filler and dressed like 60 something year old woman (whatever that means) and made "deep meaningful mature artistic" music, do you honestly think people would all of a sudden say "yay madonna is finally acting appropriate! Lets give her a break and stop being cunts to her on insta"? Lol Madonna has worked hard for 40 years, she can do whatever the fuck she wants whether people "approve" or not. Whether it's heaven or hell, she's been living to tell.

Here is the basic problem that you fail to recognize, all the things she did in the past that were controversial were related to her music in one way or another and served to provoke real thought and discussion. What she is doing now is incredibly damaging to her reputation, its not controversial in the average person's mind, it is just sad(keep in mind that the mainstreams opinion is not my own). We also need to face the fact that Madonna is no longer musically relevant, her last real solo success was Confessions. I am not a hater, I am a longtime fan who is simply stating that she needs a reinvention if she wants to have some chart success again (which I dont personally care about all that much) Also, she will always have her haters but think about how much more respected she was in the public eye from Ray of Light until Madame X, this persona has destroyed her reputation much worse than you care to admit and the social media has ruined her mystic that was always important to her appeal and image. Since when did Madonna care more about being an influencer than an ambitious artist hungry for success? if she no longer has that fire and drive, she should just embrace her legacy and if she still wants to gain some respect and relevance again she will need to apply damage control in 2022