2022: Madonna's Comeback?

baymad4her

4 minutes ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

Here is the basic problem that you fail to recognize, all the things she did in the past that were controversial were related to her music in one way or another and served to provoke real thought and discussion. What she is doing now is incredibly damaging to her reputation, its not controversial in the average person's mind, it is just sad(keep in mind that the mainstreams opinion is not my own). We also need to face the fact that Madonna is no longer musically relevant, her last real solo success was Confessions. I am not a hater, I am a longtime fan who is simply stating that she needs a reinvention if she wants to have some chart success again (which I dont personally care about all that much) Also, she will always have her haters but think about how much more respected she was in the public eye from Ray of Light until Madame X, this persona has destroyed her reputation much worse than you care to admit and the social media has ruined her mystic that was always important to her appeal and image. Since when did Madonna care more about being an influencer than an ambitious artist hungry for success? if she no longer has that fire and drive, she should just embrace her legacy and if she still wants to gain some respect and relevance again she will need to apply damage control in 2022

Exactly how I feel - well said but sadly some fans will disagree and just suck up to her inflated ego ?

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

Here is the basic problem that you fail to recognize, all the things she did in the past that were controversial were related to her music in one way or another and served to provoke real thought and discussion. What she is doing now is incredibly damaging to her reputation, its not controversial in the average person's mind, it is just sad(keep in mind that the mainstreams opinion is not my own). We also need to face the fact that Madonna is no longer musically relevant, her last real solo success was Confessions. I am not a hater, I am a longtime fan who is simply stating that she needs a reinvention if she wants to have some chart success again (which I dont personally care about all that much) Also, she will always have her haters but think about how much more respected she was in the public eye from Ray of Light until Madame X, this persona has destroyed her reputation much worse than you care to admit and the social media has ruined her mystic that was always important to her appeal and image. Since when did Madonna care more about being an influencer than an ambitious artist hungry for success? if she no longer has that fire and drive, she should just embrace her legacy and if she still wants to gain some respect and relevance again she will need to apply damage control in 2022

...lol That's why Erotica and American Life were called flops at that time. Remember too, people ALWAYS used the line "She's just a great business woman". The only difference now is that she's 63.

7 minutes ago, Alpha said:

...lol That's why Erotica and American Life were called flops at that time. Remember too, people ALWAYS used the line "She's just a great business woman". The only difference now is that she's 63.

Erotica is a work of art, her social media is not. People were outraged at Erotica because it was controversial, Madonna was more powerful and influential than ever when she released that album. I dont see anyone outraged about her recent antics, they are viewed as jokes, something that cant be said about Erotica or American Life. Your reasoning is incredibly flawed, but hey, you can sit around applauding many more Eurovision performances and tracks like Candy Shop all you want in the future. Meanwhile, I will be hoping for her to recapture her relevance and make another great album.

Just now, Ziggy Stardust said:

Erotica is a work of art, her social media is not. People were outraged at Erotica because it was controversial, Madonna was more powerful and influential than ever when she released that album. I dont see anyone outraged about her recent antics, they are viewed as jokes, something that cant be said about Erotica or American Life. Your reasoning is incredibly flawed, but hey, you can sit around applauding many more Eurovision performances and tracks like Candy Shop all you want in the future. Meanwhile, I will be hoping for her to recapture her relevance and make another great album.

People did not see Erotica or Sex as art lol people called her disgusting and every name in the book haha American Life was definitely a joke with that rap and her first singles to not chart since Burning Up. Everything looks better in hindsight and when she's on her death bed people will be critiquing this decade ALOT more differently than they are presently. Like she said in 1995 that's when people will finally kiss her ass. 

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

People did not see Erotica or Sex as art lol people called her disgusting and every name in the book haha American Life was definitely a joke with that rap and her first singles to not chart since Burning Up. Everything looks better in hindsight and when she's on her death bed people will be critiquing this decade ALOT more differently than they are presently. Like she said in 1995 that's when people will finally kiss her ass. 

Whatever, I am fucking  done trying to debate a hard headed stan.

On 12/21/2021 at 2:20 PM, Alpha said:

Lol k 

You know, now that Im not pissed off, I feel like responding to your comment. You say that Erotica and American Life were not seen as art. Well, nobody was criticizing the music, conservatives were just outraged about the themes of female sexual empowerment and Erotica has since been praised as a masterpiece of an album. I dont need to address American Life because it is not relevant to the point I am trying to make. Let me ask you this, as a Madonna stan, are you totally comfortable with everything she has done since Madame X started? do you actually think that she has been doing herself any favors in terms of her image? Now, you might lie to me and say that you are totally down with everything she is doing, we both know the reality and if us fans feel like that, just think how your average person who is not a Madonna fan views her recent behavior. She can claim that stunts like her VMA appearance is art all she wants, that will not change the reality of how people view that stuff, partially because of ageism. Her recent behavior does not serve the art of her music, it is just to get attention in the form of criticism and thats my problem with Madame X Era as a whole. Try hard is not sexy, especially in the minds of a society that is very ageist.

46 minutes ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

You know, now that Im not pissed off, I feel like responding to your comment. You say that Erotica and American Life were not seen as art. Well, nobody was criticizing the music, conservatives were just outraged about the themes of female sexual empowerment and Erotica has since been praised as a masterpiece of an album. I dont need to address American Life because it is not relevant to the point I am trying to make. Let me ask you this, as a Madonna stan, are you totally comfortable with everything she has done since Madame X started? do you actually think that she has been doing herself any favors in terms of her image? Now, you might lie to me and say that you are totally down with everything she is doing, we both know the reality and if us fans feel like that, just think how your average person who is not a Madonna fan views her recent behavior. She can claim that stunts like her VMA appearance is art all she wants, that will not change the reality of how people view that stuff, partially because of ageism. Her recent behavior does not serve the art of her music, it is just to get attention in the form of criticism and thats my problem with Madame X Era as a whole. Try hard is not sexy, especially in the minds of a society that is very ageist.

Who cares. People said Erotica wasnt art that she was a slut a whore an attention seeker. People said she was too pretentious uptight and that AL sucked and was cold. Now people are back to saying "try hard". I really only want Madonna to do what she wants to do. In terms of music, if she makes an album i don't like i don't care because there is always next time. I thought Ghosttown was unbelievably pedestrian but didnt think the sky was falling. Madonna isn't defined by single albums or eras. 

26 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Who cares. People said Erotica wasnt art that she was a slut a whore an attention seeker. People said she was too pretentious uptight and that AL sucked and was cold. Now people are back to saying "try hard". I really only want Madonna to do what she wants to do. In terms of music, if she makes an album i don't like i don't care because there is always next time. I thought Ghosttown was unbelievably pedestrian but didnt think the sky was falling. Madonna isn't defined by single albums or eras. 

THIS DISCUSSION IS ABOUT THE POSSIBILITY OF MADONNA ACHIEVING FUTURE HITS AND MAKING A COMEBACK!!!!!!!!!!. I would not be talking about any of this otherwise. Personally I could care less if she has hit again, so no, I am not worried about the sky falling. You dont seem to understand that she needs to fix her image and I am hoping for that in 2022. I am not questioning her long term influence or legacy. Clean the rocks out of your head, also I find it funny that Andreo keeps jerking you off with his likes because I disagreed with him earlier.??  I have been a Madonna fan since 1983, I have seen a hell of a lot more than you. Erotica will be remembered as art, her antics will not. Its time she gets back to drawing attention to herself because of her talent.

1 hour ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

i must be the only one that laughs my head off at her behaviour - she seems to be having so much fun - the ass pic under the bed was quite possibly the funniest thing she has ever done ..she has a wicked sense of humour

24 minutes ago, beautifulkiller said:

i must be the only one that laughs my head off at her behaviour - she seems to be having so much fun - the ass pic under the bed was quite possibly the funniest thing she has ever done ..she has a wicked sense of humour

I mean it is kinda funny and I dont personally care all that much what she does, but we are talking about her comeback and my god she needs a reinvention for that to happen.

43 minutes ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

THIS DISCUSSION IS ABOUT THE POSSIBILITY OF MADONNA ACHIEVING FUTURE HITS AND MAKING A COMEBACK!!!!!!!!!!. I would not be talking about any of this otherwise. Personally I could care less if she has hit again, so no, I am not worried about the sky falling. You dont seem to understand that she needs to fix her image and I am hoping for that in 2022. I am not questioning her long term influence or legacy. Clean the rocks out of your head, also I find it funny that Andreo keeps jerking you off with his likes because I disagreed with him earlier.??  I have been a Madonna fan since 1983, I have seen a hell of a lot more than you. Erotica will be remembered as art, her antics will not. Its time she gets back to drawing attention to herself because of her talent.

Sure

Just now, Ziggy Stardust said:

I mean it is kinda funny and I dont personally care all that much what she does, but we are talking about her comeback and my god she needs a reinvention for that to happen.

i would be bothered if other 63 year old artists were having smash hits , kylie is struggling and she is putting out exactly what her fans want and she is super safe and liked by the general public ...she could put out the best song ever and it would prob still flop lol ..i dont really care anymore about charts 

7 minutes ago, beautifulkiller said:

i would be bothered if other 63 year old artists were having smash hits , kylie is struggling and she is putting out exactly what her fans want and she is super safe and liked by the general public ...she could put out the best song ever and it would prob still flop lol ..i dont really care anymore about charts 

I have not really cared about charts since Confessions, Im just addressing things that need to change to improve her odds of getting a hit, you and I both know that ship has already sailed but dont tell the stans that who are expecting everything to blow up like it did in the days of True Blue? Im one of the oldest Madonna fans here and seem to be one of the few who is actually living in the reality of 2021 Madonna.

At the end of the day if Madonna is to have another solo hit or a successful album  or be commercially successful she needs to change her image and her approach it’s a fact. Outside of Madonna forums she’s unfortunately classed as a joke now and not respected,  social media has completely ruined the mystery that was Madonna.
There was time when she was remembered for the great controversies Like Erotica, Sex, Blond Ambition, Like a prayer her great music; Now unfortunately she’s remembered for  another attention seeking post on Instagram. Surely die hard fans can’t think her current situation is revolutionary and great compared to past achievements? 

Just now, Matty said:

At the end of the day if Madonna is to have another solo hit or a successful album  or be commercially successful she needs to change her image and her approach it’s a fact. Outside of Madonna forums she’s unfortunately classed as a joke now and not respected,  social media has completely ruined the mystery that was Madonna.
There was time when she was remembered for the great controversies Like Erotica, Sex, Blond Ambition, Like a prayer her great music; Now unfortunately she’s remembered for  another attention seeking post on Instagram. Surely die hard fans can’t think her current situation is revolutionary and great compared to past achievements? 

The sad thing is that you are totally correct and they will continue to live in a fantasy world. Its what being a cult follower is all about.

1 minute ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

The sad thing is that you are totally correct and they will continue to live in a fantasy world. Its what being a cult follower is all about.

I’ve been a fan since 1990 and will continue to be fan but the ride we are currently on with her is a joke end of, let’s not think the current release of frozen being a hit is because of Madonna or her impact in pushing boundaries on Instagram it’s not, people don’t care it’s Madonna it’s purely because of Sickik remix for TikTok. 

To gain any commercial success as ‘Madonna the artist’ something drastic needs to change.

7 minutes ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

nah i just think true fans understand her art and work .i wouldnt change her for the world :) she is not here to be popular she is here to be free ..

2 minutes ago, Matty said:

I’ve been a fan since 1990 and will continue to be fan but the ride we are currently on with her is a joke end of, let’s not think the current release of frozen being a hit is because of Madonna or her impact in pushing boundaries on Instagram it’s not, people don’t care it’s Madonna it’s purely because of Sickik remix for TikTok. 

To gain any commercial success as ‘Madonna the artist’ something drastic needs to change.

what would you suggest she changed though ?i dont think she really cares anymore and part of me wonders if she ever did lol 

4 minutes ago, beautifulkiller said:

nah i just think true fans understand her art and work .i wouldnt change her for the world :) she is not here to be popular she is here to be free ..

I suppose that is why she has all these cringe collaborations on her albums, if she was truly here to just be free than she would not care about chart success would she? Madonna is very much here to be popular.

5 minutes ago, Matty said:

The fact that Madame X dropped off the charts after a blink of an eye and that this remix with some unknown guy has gone viral, really shows how irrelevant she has become recently.

3 minutes ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

I suppose that is why she has all these cringe collaborations on her albums, if she was truly here to just be free than she would not care about chart success would she? Madonna is very much here to be popular.

The fact that Madame X dropped off the charts after a blink of an eye and 

I think the duets on her records is more her record company - she said on her tour artists are not here to be popular they are here to be free and i totally understand it ..i dont think for a second she thought madame x would be a smash hit lol - i dont think her collabs are cringe either ..why are they cringe ?

Edited by beautifulkiller (see edit history)

4 minutes ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

The fact that Madame X dropped off the charts after a blink of an eye and 

crave with swae lee wasnt a smash hit and guess what she is working with him again , she does what she wants to do ..i dont think she is at that point where is is wanting a number one 

Just now, beautifulkiller said:

I think the duets on her records is more her record company - she said on her tour artists are not here to be popular they are here to be free and i totally understand it ..i dont think for a second she thought madame x would be a smash hit lol 

Did anyone really expect a single like Medellin to be a chart topper when it took a super bowl to give her a top ten previously? I actually like Madame X as a listening experience and kinda get what she was going for but Medellin was a fucking horrible choice as lead single. Crave would have been soooooo much better.

2 minutes ago, beautifulkiller said:

what would you suggest she changed though ?i dont think she really cares anymore and part of me wonders if she ever did lol 

First and foremost her social media it would change a lot of things and I’m sure if Liz was still around a lot of what she puts out now would never have made it

i know she says she doesn’t want to be popular she’s here to disturb the peace etc, if she didn’t care she would be comfortable putting out material that didn’t consist of using artists which are considered current or popular Swae Lee, MALUMA, Nicki Minaj etc, Dua Lipa and trying to crossover with their market. It just contradicts her current message