Madonna pop star or artist?

Lucky90210

I 'm not hear to bash M.  She's the coolest. She's definetly an amazing artist.

She repeats it too much. We get it. She never did that. She was more of an artist and disrupter when she wasn't announcing it constantly.

If her music was still charting on the HOT 100 she wouldn't have to say it but I guess now she feels she does.

Pop star. A pioneering one at that. She's opened a lot of doors for other pop stars. 

Madonna seems to be rewriting her job description and that's her right. 

Like someone above said, she was more of an artist when she wasn't broadcasting it all the time without producing the work to back it up. 

Ultimately it's self-serving, but perhaps that's the actual art? The art of staying relevant. The art of surviving. The art of celebrity. The art of narcissism.

2 hours ago, Lucky90210 said:

Seems lately that she justifies everything she does with "Being an artist".

It's enough to be the mind blowing uber successful and talented pop star that she is.

The artist thing is very pretentious. Her latest V interview is a great example.

How many colours in a rainbow, sing a rainbow too......?

5 hours ago, Lucky90210 said:

I 'm not hear to bash M.  She's the coolest. She's definetly an amazing artist.

She repeats it too much. We get it. She never did that. She was more of an artist and disrupter when she wasn't announcing it constantly.

If her music was still charting on the HOT 100 she wouldn't have to say it but I guess now she feels she does.

She literally kept saying it in truth or dare...shes mentioned it SO many times how she sees herself as performance artist whether it was on larry king in 1999 or 2004 im going to tell you a secret 2006 confessions tour when she literally says Je Suis L'art...i mean nothing new and definitely nothing to do with her charting or not lol 

She is a Artist and she is not going to compromise her artistic integrity  - she was saying she was a artist when she was top of billboard charts in 1990 so i don't agree with what you said about her just doing it now because she is not having huge hits  - i see a bit of shade thrown in this post about charts etc 
I think she sees herself as a freedom fighter more than anything now 
she would hate to be called a pop star lol she said something along the lines of kylie being a seen as a pop star and that she hopes she is not seen as a pop star on the rebel heart tour 

Edited by beautifulkiller (see edit history)

Just now, beautifulkiller said:

She is a Artist and she is not going to compromise her artistic integrity  - she was saying she was a artist when she was top of billboard charts in 1990 so i don't agree with what you said about her just doing it now because she is not having huge hits  

Exactly. I also feel she says it both ironically and literally just like how she keeps saying Artists are here to disturb the peace...she means it when she says it but also sees the humor in it like when she was laughing while saying it on Fallon.

the "artists are here to disturb the piss" doesn't mean anything, she just repeats something she finds cool again and again as she did with the #rebelheart and #magicsoon hashtags :Madonna006: or like the "i don't smoke, but i like to start fires" quote, she makes sure to remind us every 5 months  :Madonna006:

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Exactly. I also feel she says it both ironically and literally just like how she keeps saying Artists are here to disturb the peace...she means it when she says it but also sees the humor in it like when she was laughing while saying it on Fallon.

she giggles about it on the madame x tour too , well she looks like she is about to burst out laughing when she says it just before she says "we are not here to be popular we are here to be free " 

7 minutes ago, Régine Filange said:

the "artists are here to disturb the piss" doesn't mean anything, she just repeats something she finds cool again and again as she did with the #rebelheart and #magicsoon hashtags :Madonna006: or like the "i don't smoke, but i like to start fires" quote, she makes sure to remind us every 5 months  :Madonna006:

A lot of fans forget though , i mean these filtered pics she is doing now she is doing it on purpose lol i laughed at one of the last ones she posted - she looked about 19 years old and also the bum pic under the bed was one of the funniest pictures she has ever done ..i was laughing my head off - the filtered pics are not vanity i mean lets not forget about the awful selfies she used to take and random unflattering videos ! 

Edited by beautifulkiller
spelling (see edit history)

No getting older did sadly , its not just her though ..its the majority of the older artists - lets face it if adele had sang ghosttown it would have been a smash hit 
oops wrong thread sorry im new here how do i delete this post please ?

Edited by beautifulkiller (see edit history)