HD: Express Yourself/Deeper & Deeper - Girlie Show

Shoful

I just watched this on my 4K TV and The Girlie Show has never looked better. I'll be happy if the full show looks this good. 

They even left her topless dancer uncensored and kept the orgy in. Hopefully YouTube doesn't catch this and flag it. 

This must mean her team is already hard at work remastering her projects. GIVE US EVERYTHING!! 

Erotica 30th anniversary box set:

CD 1: Full album remastered 

CD 2: The Rain Tapes + Demos/deleted tracks 

CD 3/4: The Girlie Show Audio 

DVD + Blu-ray: The Girlie Show + HD music videos of Erotica, Deeper and Deeper, Rain, Fever, and Bad Girl + live performances of Fever and Bad Girl from SNL, Fever from Arsenio Hall, and Bye Bye Baby from the MTV VMAs. 

LP 1/2: Full album remastered

LP 3: The Rain Tapes 

All housed in a leather bound box with a removable BDSM mask to wear. Ugh...imagine the possibilities. 

Just now, musicinferno said:

I feel like her vocals are a bit more to the front. The Girlie Show audio always seemed like the instruments washed out her voice. 

I feel like ive heard so many different vocal versions of this particular show.  This one seems to blend both actually which is nice.  

27 minutes ago, bootboy31 said:

Just watched this and I had my headphones on so wondered if that was why, but this sounds amazing - I'm sure neither the DVD PCM or the 5.1 sound this good......by the way what do people think about the original 5.1 mix ?

best sound for me was ripped from VHS in stereo. The dolby conversion muted certain things like guitar in Justify My Love and audience noise and generally felt less nuanced and washed out in parts. I haven't listened to this clip over headphones or proper speakers yet but it might be the original stereo recording.

Looks really amazing! I really hope her team gets us a decent 30 anniversary reissue, like U2 did for Achtung Baby back in 2011. Imagine having a 1CD, a 2CD, a 2CD+DVD, and different boxsets for the 30 years of Erotica. I know I'm asking a bit to much to what she got us accostumed, and I'm ready to be disappointed, but I can still dream. Like a Prayer 30 was just a compilation of remixes.