HD: Express Yourself/Deeper & Deeper - Girlie Show

Shoful

This tour had the best live band she ever had on a tour and the editing is easy to watch and feel like you are watching a concert on a single night as the audience saw it not something turned into a music video with a millions cuts and takes from different shows. Much prefer this to her recent recordings

2 hours ago, me1981 said:

So does anyone know what sound mix they used? It is not the HBO sound mix. Nikki and Donna's vocals were much more present in that and the crowd response sounded more natural.

This almost sounds like the 5.1 DVD mix - which I have always hated. 

Yes, this is basically the HBO cut with the 5.1 audio mix. If they re-release the show at some point, I hope it will be standard mix.

I do have a feeling though that they might not know exactly what they are sourcing from the vaults, I'm inclined to think that they used the broadcast version by accident. Though it's cool to have it remastered.

14 hours ago, luckystar908 said:

Yes, this is basically the HBO cut with the 5.1 audio mix. If they re-release the show at some point, I hope it will be standard mix.

I do have a feeling though that they might not know exactly what they are sourcing from the vaults, I'm inclined to think that they used the broadcast version by accident. Though it's cool to have it remastered.

That's what I was thinking too, though hopefully someone in the know is giving us gifts and for whatever reason they just preferred the 5.1 mix

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Roy said:

So, how did her team manage to get a GOOD HBO master?

I honestly feel M has access to anything she wants and it is more about the team she has working for her that makes things happen or not. 

For example she may not think of certain things, but having the right person in her inner circle and in her ear about things can change what we get access to. 

43 minutes ago, me1981 said:

I honestly feel M has access to anything she wants and it is more about the team she has working for her that makes things happen or not. 

For example she may not think of certain things, but having the right person in her inner circle and in her ear about things can change what we get access to. 

So SHE can have access to the masters to all her tour footage prior to Sticky and Sweet with her team (and Emily) in her group.

Drowned World Tour was shot in HD so we better have a clip of that soon. I don't know what happened in the process of re-editing that made it so blurry, perhaps the deinterlacing...?

The FULL Virgin Tour better be there too or we will be rioting.

• 1 month later...
On 12/30/2021 at 3:12 AM, PanditaRulez said:

I prefer the dvd version of this video raher than the hbo version, but the LD AUDIO soudns fu**ing great in my opinion

so thanks a lot for this one.

I wish one day we have the full hd condert in youtube, or even better in bluray, and someone can add the LD audio.

On 12/30/2021 at 5:46 AM, Roy said:

So SHE can have access to the masters to all her tour footage prior to Sticky and Sweet with her team (and Emily) in her group.

Drowned World Tour was shot in HD so we better have a clip of that soon. I don't know what happened in the process of re-editing that made it so blurry, perhaps the deinterlacing...?

The FULL Virgin Tour better be there too or we will be rioting.

DWT was shot in HD? 

3 hours ago, Alpha said:

DWT was shot in HD? 

Yes. There were 14 high-definition cameras used to film the whole concert. However, I think that during the editing with the color-grading and what not, there seemed to be a problem with the way it was encoded or exported, resulting to it being blurry. I think I can say the same thing with Britney's Dream Within A Dream Tour in Las Vegas, which also aired on HBO.

9 hours ago, Roy said:

Yes. There were 14 high-definition cameras used to film the whole concert. However, I think that during the editing with the color-grading and what not, there seemed to be a problem with the way it was encoded or exported, resulting to it being blurry. I think I can say the same thing with Britney's Dream Within A Dream Tour in Las Vegas, which also aired on HBO.

Interesting!

9 hours ago, Roy said:

Omg this makes so much sense. I have always wondered why the quality is so much worse than BAT and TGS when it came out 10 years later. It’s the only tour of hers I can never really watch cause the quality is sooooo bad

20 minutes ago, Shoful said:

Omg this makes so much sense. I have always wondered why the quality is so much worse than BAT and TGS when it came out 10 years later. It’s the only tour of hers I can never really watch cause the quality is sooooo bad

So it is highly likely that HBO has kept footage from all 14 cameras then. If Emily and Madonna can get the HBO broadcast masters for an HD/4K upscale, then they can do the same for Drowned World Tour.