MEGARATE: Like a Virgin era [Results Show - Recap on first page]

Curtains

5 minutes ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

Am I the only one who felt like Crazy For You should have taken the number 2 spot? I have always liked it better than Dress You Up.

No I thought so as well. My own personal top 5 was  (1) Crazy For You, (2) Into The Groove, (3) Shoo Bee Doo, (4) Like A Virgin, (5) Dress You Up.

Found it really difficult to choose between Crazy For You and Into The Groove for highest placing. They are both superb tracks in two separate genres. 

Also a bit of an eye-opener that if we were strictly voting for just the Like A Virgin album as it was released and not the era itself, then Dress You Up would be the winning track.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Curtains

Hi everyone ! Since we'll soon be celebrating the 40th anniversary of Madonna's career (!!), and due to popular demand, I'll organize a megarate for every single Madonna album. Let's now see how the tracks from the Like a Virgin era compete with each other. As requested by most users who participated in other games, non-album tracks from the same era will also be included.   Rules: - Make sure to know all the songs included in the competition. - Rate each song from

Curtains

Might be interested... @Holger, @Fernando, @PanditaRulez, @Unruhe, @Fabiolous, @mirtillo, @MisterMistere, @EgoRod, @Andreo, @cybertotor, @chipie, @Room977, @Inco, @voguemadonna, @Enrico, @LuckyBorderline, @Robertson II, @HC Charge, @TOpher, @Voguerista, @jesus, @Tony Fortin, @RUADJAI, @Danton, @Polaris, @lucasciccone, @AntiSkilled, @migsou, @MadonnasPussy, @patrice1711, @desperateK, @Pretender1978, @konfideinmenow, @mcat, @Leandro Gomes, @Eder Borba, @MadonnaLove, @scamper, @SuperBicycle, @

Curtains

#2 – Dress You Up - Average Rate : 8,87 / 10 - Highest Rate : 11 ( @TOpher, @Andreo, @proxy, @Fabiolous, @Polaris ) - Lowest Rate : 4 ( @Enrico )     #1 – Into the Groove - Average Rate : 9,56 / 10 - Highest Rate : 11 ( @HC Charge, @Dj Garrido, @Tony Fortin, @Holger, @Fontainebleau, @patrice1711, @musicinferno, @cybertotor, @Matty, @AntiSkilled, @RUADJAI, @androiduser, @spinningaround, @SuperBicycle, @jesus ) - Lowest Rate : 1 ( @chipie )

Posted Images

Thanks to everyone who voted and participated, it was a lot of fun. As you may know the True Blue megarate already started so make sure you check that if you haven't already.

Also here's a little something to celebrate the success of this megarate ! :)

8 minutes ago, Tony Fortin said:

Can someone explain to @chipie for Into The Groove?:thinker:

Nothing to explain. 

I know it's a highlight in Madonna's career.  And many years ago I used to enjoy the song. But now I can't listen to it anymore?‍♂️

And this is all about our own taste and opinion. 

Sorry. ?‍♂️

2 minutes ago, chipie said:

Nothing to explain. 

I know it's a highlight in Madonna's career.  And many years ago I used to enjoy the song. But now I can't listen to it anymore?‍♂️

And this is all about our own taste and opinion. 

Sorry. ?‍♂️

You don't have to......it was just a silly joke when I read the low rank.............every taste are good that's the salt of the megarate:fire: ?

Love it, and absolute worthy winner with ITG!  A absolute classic banger (actually watched DSS on New Years Eve and love that club scene). The would surely be up there as a winner if we do a Mega Rate of the Megawatt winners. A bit surprised with Dress You Up, but it was a big hit, not my cup of tea, the Dame Edna version during WTG sort of killed this song for me forever.  Bottom 4 to me are unsurprising, but I do like those songs, apart from Shoo Bee Doo (and I agree with the post who says the name is stupid), they sort of sound the same to me, though I am enjoying them a lot nowadays after reglistening to them as part of the mega vote.

Now to listen to True Blue this weekend.

Thanks @Curtains, this is a lot of fun! 

32 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

Who the fuck gives 0, 1, 2, 3 or 4 to Like a virgin tracks? Are you gonna give - 15 when it comes to MDNA? 

Lol, hehe. Im sorta looking forward to MDNA as it is my least favourite album and I am hoping this exceercise will drive a new appreciation of it..... I know, maybe too optimistic, but lets see...

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

#2 – Dress You Up

2-Dress-You-Up.png

- Average Rate : 8,87 / 10

- Highest Rate : 11 ( @TOpher, @Andreo, @proxy, @Fabiolous, @Polaris )

- Lowest Rate : 4 ( @Enrico )

#1 – Into the Groove

1-Into-the-Groove.jpg

- Average Rate : 9,56 / 10

- Highest Rate : 11 ( @HC Charge, @Dj Garrido, @Tony Fortin, @Holger, @Fontainebleau, @patrice1711, @musicinferno, @cybertotor, @Matty, @AntiSkilled, @RUADJAI, @androiduser, @spinningaround, @SuperBicycle, @jesus )

- Lowest Rate : 1 ( @chipie )

Into the groove and dress you up are my top, they’re definitely the best from this era ???

4 hours ago, Curtains said:

#2 – Dress You Up

2-Dress-You-Up.png

- Average Rate : 8,87 / 10

- Highest Rate : 11 ( @TOpher, @Andreo, @proxy, @Fabiolous, @Polaris )

- Lowest Rate : 4 ( @Enrico )

#1 – Into the Groove

1-Into-the-Groove.jpg

- Average Rate : 9,56 / 10

- Highest Rate : 11 ( @HC Charge, @Dj Garrido, @Tony Fortin, @Holger, @Fontainebleau, @patrice1711, @musicinferno, @cybertotor, @Matty, @AntiSkilled, @RUADJAI, @androiduser, @spinningaround, @SuperBicycle, @jesus )

- Lowest Rate : 1 ( @chipie )

Best track of the era, no surprise it's in first place. 

5 minutes ago, Pretender1978 said:

lol, I can't with how far off my list was, even though I had ITG as number one, stay and pretender were on 2 and 3. I just really love those songs as they have much more delivery and musical complexity than let's say Material Girl. Also I always used to live for the b side

Stay and Pretender at 2 and 3????? Jesus Christ your list really was far off.

So let's go into pretender and stay defence mode and throw shoo bee doo in there as well ;-) To me most of the b-side of the record (not including ITG) showcases M's signature melodies and gives her voice more room to shine than anywhere else on the record. It is also the only place where we get real bridges and mid8's, something 80's Madonna excells at. Listening now during these ratings, LAV seems very much a calculated record designed to catapult her right between Prince and Michael. The three big singles were very succesful in solidifying her image, musically they are less impressive, even though DYU will always glitter in my ears nothing can forgive the mediocrity of that guitar solo. It all feels very constrained and designed for mass appeal. So on side A that leaves LDLHA, which is another song not penned by her, and though it's nice, soul it ain't, OAO, which I used to like now is a bit thin, but it's enjoyable, so that leaves the only real gem of side A, Angel, which soars, and what else? there is a bridge, albeit not the best one of M's canon but at least there is one. So LAV to me is a bit like M's later records, a bunch of bought singles and a batch of self written tracks that are far superior

• Enrico unfeatured this topic