Madonna Back In The Studio!

Shoful

4 hours ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

I totally agree with you, why not create some new magic instead of fucking up classic songs with changes that are bound to be slammed anyway, just kinda strikes me as a poor decision from a strategic standpoint when her energies could be better devoted elsewhere. 

The only Saving Grace in Madonna’s favor is that she has experience in reinventing her old hits from doing it so much during her tours.

But I seriously doubt this is meant to be a full scale project at least for now. I think she’s just testing the waters.

But I am worried that, if this will be successful, she’ll do a full scale project and that would be terrible 

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

Lets be honest, the whole thing with features just plain sucks. None of the features Madonna has ever done will go down as memorable tracks. I just want her to make a great pop album where we can actually here her real voice.

Agreed. But if she gonna re-release some of her older stuff in anticipation for the new film, give us remixed or unreleased stuff.

I don't think that re-recording your albums is a good idea idea. Specially ones that people have known for decades: you can't replicate the magic of the classics.

I know that it's working for Taylor Swift, but that's because of the circunstances. And even her is including new songs, collabs, music videos and stuff like that: you need to make it interesting, man! 'Cause just an update of the songs won't be enough.

The best route would be making a remix, duets or symphonic album: something that actually adds to the original instead of changing it. Not saying that M should do that, but that's my take on the topic.

I'd be ok with a contemporary rework album of songs that were never singles from prior albums (for example: Physical Attraction, Pretender, Easy Ride, Falling Free, Joan of Arc, Nobody's Perfect, Wash All Over Me), with newly recorded/reinvented final versions of a few demos (examples maybe: Like A Flower, You'll Stay, Heaven, Tragic Girl, Arioso), and include two or three hits with new vocals (Frozen, Holiday, Live to Tell) ... could be epic!

22 minutes ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

The last danmm thing we need is a collaboration with fucking Ed Sheeran, my god that sounds like the most cringe thing in existence. Pathetic what some artists will stoop to in order for a hit.

he is white so some fans wont have a issue i mean it wont be rap or trap because he is white (sarcasm)

they dont collab just to get a hit they do it to get streams and radio play 

its just the times will live in and how the music industry has shifted - for example if adele woud have sang ghostown it would have been a worldwide smash hit lol 

27 minutes ago, beautifulkiller said:

he is white so some fans wont have a issue i mean it wont be rap or trap because he is white (sarcasm)

they dont collab just to get a hit they do it to get streams and radio play 

its just the times will live in and how the music industry has shifted - for example if adele woud have sang ghostown it would have been a worldwide smash hit lol 

I will never forgive the world how it turned its back on Ghost Town, easily one of Madonna's greatest songs and should have been a hit. Fuck ageism?

33 minutes ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

I will never forgive the world how it turned its back on Ghost Town, easily one of Madonna's greatest songs and should have been a hit. Fuck ageism?

me too  , it really pisses me off - infact because of this i do not believe she will ever have a true solo hit ever again no matter how good the song is 

5 minutes ago, beautifulkiller said:

me too  , it really pisses me off - infact because of this i do not believe she will ever have a true solo hit ever again no matter how good the song is 

I have felt the same way for a long time now myself, I just hope she will make some great music in the future that comes from her own inspiration and not the demands of record labels or a desperate desire to try and get a hit through terrible collaborations.

1 hour ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

It was weird here in Toronto, the stations were playing Ghosttown instead of LFL when it was released but by the time Ghosttown was officially released they weren’t playing it anymore ?‍♂️

28 minutes ago, TOpher said:

It was weird here in Toronto, the stations were playing Ghosttown instead of LFL when it was released but by the time Ghosttown was officially released they weren’t playing it anymore ?‍♂️

As I recall it had something to do with switching over to Bitch Im Madonna. Another fucking terrible promotional move, ughhhh I dont even want to think about how terrible her team was during the Rebel Heart days. 

I have never listened to him that much, so I don’t know much about him. Why do people dislike Ed Sheehan so much? Madonna goes against the grain of conventional wisdom, so if she hears everyone hates someone, that is the person she wants to defend or work with. Same with Kanye.  Right or wrong, she’s an independent thinker. 

7 minutes ago, Glindathegood said:

I have never listened to him that much, so I don’t know much about him. Why do people dislike Ed Sheehan so much? Madonna goes against the grain of conventional wisdom, so if she hears everyone hates someone, that is the person she wants to defend or work with. Same with Kanye.  Right or wrong, she’s an independent thinker. 

everybody be working with him though - its tedious ...i prefer swae lee - maybe he is friends with rocco or something 

19 minutes ago, Glindathegood said:

she’s an independent thinker.
yes but it comes to a time where her record company has a say - i still think her working with anitta was the record companys idea and they pushed it

4 hours ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

As I recall it had something to do with switching over to Bitch Im Madonna. Another fucking terrible promotional move, ughhhh I dont even want to think about how terrible her team was during the Rebel Heart days. 

What are you talking about? BIM is the only song on that all over the place album that had any mainstream appeal. 
And the world turned their back on ghosttown because it’s a sappy ballad. 

26 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

What are you talking about? BIM is the only song on that all over the place album that had any mainstream appeal. 

I never said Bitch Im Madonna had no appeal now did I? I said Bitch Im Madonna killed any chance for Ghost Town to make some traction. Baby Shark has mainstream appeal also but that does not make it quality music. Either release Bitch Im Madonna as the lead single or give Ghost Town a chance to gather some steam rather than release one only to kill it before it takes off by releasing another track. Rebel Heart was a disaster from a promotional standpoint and the only reason Bitch Im Madonna got attention was because of what a massive joke the song and music video were thought of, I suppose Friday has a bunch of views because its a masterpiece huhhh?

2 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

and easy on me by adele wasnt lol - it was not because it was a sappy ballad it was because madonna sang it and also all her fans had the song already due to pre order so they didnt support it very much either because they already owned it 

• Enrico unfeatured this topic