Madonna Back In The Studio!

Shoful

Releasing Ghosttown along with the other tracks in December 2014 (massive mistake IMO), when the demo hadn’t even leaked (and still hasn’t) is the glaringly obvious reason it didn’t do anything, absolutely 0 fan support by April……or whenever the song was released/impacted

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, luluthecat said:

Releasing Ghosttown along with the other tracks in December 2014 (massive mistake IMO), when the demo hadn’t even leaked (and still hasn’t) is the glaringly obvious reason it didn’t do anything, absolutely 0 fan support by April……or whenever the song was released/impacted

This. That iTunes 6 track preorder did a lot of damage and prevented those singles from having anytime type of success.

11 hours ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

and the only reason Bitch Im Madonna got attention was because of what a massive joke the song and music video were thought of,

You’re clearly projecting. Just because you don’t like it, doesn’t mean no one else does.

Bitch I’m Madonna wasnt just the only successful song from Rebel Heart, it’s become one of her more successful songs in the past 12 years. The only single since 4 minutes that has sustained a following on streaming. It’s constantly in her Spotify top 20 daily streams. Living for Love, Celebration, Medellin, Give Me All Your Luvin, arnt even in the top 20.

11 hours ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

I never said Bitch Im Madonna had no appeal now did I? I said Bitch Im Madonna killed any chance for Ghost Town to make some traction. Baby Shark has mainstream appeal also but that does not make it quality music. Either release Bitch Im Madonna as the lead single or give Ghost Town a chance to gather some steam rather than release one only to kill it before it takes off by releasing another track. Rebel Heart was a disaster from a promotional standpoint and the only reason Bitch Im Madonna got attention was because of what a massive joke the song and music video were thought of, I suppose Friday has a bunch of views because its a masterpiece huhhh?

I’m sure they released BIM cause they realized Ghosttown is not going anywhere very early on.
And yes I agree, it should have been the lead single with a better video. I don’t think it was seen as a joke overall. 

9 hours ago, beautifulkiller said:

and easy on me by adele wasnt lol - it was not because it was a sappy ballad it was because madonna sang it and also all her fans had the song already due to pre order so they didnt support it very much either because they already owned it 

The difference is that Adele is huge right now and Madonna was not. And it’s also the lead single which always does much better. 
I do get why Ghosttown didn’t do well but I still can’t understand why Living For Love wasn’t bigger. 
And also I don’t get the argument that the leaks had anything to do with the success of that album. If anything that just created more promotion and hype.

3 hours ago, deathproof said:

You’re clearly projecting. Just because you don’t like it, doesn’t mean no one else does.

Bitch I’m Madonna wasnt just the only successful song from Rebel Heart, it’s become one of her more successful songs in the past 12 years. The only single since 4 minutes that has sustained a following on streaming. It’s constantly in her Spotify top 20 daily streams. Living for Love, Celebration, Medellin, Give Me All Your Luvin, arnt even in the top 20.

That boggles my mind what happened to Living For Love, in regards to Bitch Im Madonna, how am I projecting? you and I clearly have two different memories of the Rebel Heart Era. I dont remember BIM being thought of by anyone when it was released as a good song, just look at its dislikes on Youtube for gods sake. The song went viral because it was a meme, even though this might have been Madonna's intention. I never said Bitch Im Madonna had no appeal, I said its reasons for going viral had nothing to do with how fantastic the music and lyrics are. If everyone these days cared about purely music, than Crave would have been a smash hit. Talk to anyone on the street who is not a Madonna stan and Bitch Im Madonna will always be viewed with indifference or disdain, why? because its not a very good song and I dont need you to tell me im projecting because I have an opinion, I never said your not allowed to like a terrible song if you want. You might have a giant boner for the song Friday, that does not mean objectively its a great song and its appeal is not reflective of the quality of the music. Read any review of BIM, it is universally slammed and no, this is not all because of ageism, it is because its an objectively terrible song. You dont seem to have any problem with me trashing Ed Sheeran and Elton Johns Christmas single now do you?

7 hours ago, deathproof said:

This. That iTunes 6 track preorder did a lot of damage and prevented those singles from having anytime type of success.

Ehhh BIM still did good and that was released with them. Maybe it would've done better had it not been but I doubt LFL or GT would've done anything. I don't think I've ever been so bored with two of her singles.

4 hours ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

That boggles my mind what happened to Living For Love, in regards to Bitch Im Madonna, how am I projecting? you and I clearly have two different memories of the Rebel Heart Era. I dont remember BIM being thought of by anyone when it was released as a good song, just look at its dislikes on Youtube for gods sake. The song went viral because it was a meme, even though this might have been Madonna's intention. I never said Bitch Im Madonna had no appeal, I said its reasons for going viral had nothing to do with how fantastic the music and lyrics are. If everyone these days cared about purely music, than Crave would have been a smash hit. Talk to anyone on the street who is not a Madonna stan and Bitch Im Madonna will always be viewed with indifference or disdain, why? because its not a very good song and I dont need you to tell me im projecting because I have an opinion, I never said your not allowed to like a terrible song if you want. You might have a giant boner for the song Friday, that does not mean objectively its a great song and its appeal is not reflective of the quality of the music. Read any review of BIM, it is universally slammed and no, this is not all because of ageism, it is because its an objectively terrible song. You dont seem to have any problem with me trashing Ed Sheeran and Elton Johns Christmas single now do you?

Go eat a snickers.

3 hours ago, Alpha said:

Ehhh BIM still did good and that was released with them. Maybe it would've done better had it not been but I doubt LFL or GT would've done anything. I don't think I've ever been so bored with two of her singles.

Her first singles always maintain some kind of success. Living For Love should have been a top 20 hit. The whole era was mismanaged. Withholding the song in the UK for months then finally release it on a Wednesday?!? MESS.

Bitch would have charted higher with digital sales had it not been tied to a pre-order. Billboard forbids counting the sales from instant grats tracks tied to preorders.

8 hours ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

Wrong-o

You are still projecting.

Just now, deathproof said:

Her first singles always maintain some kind of success. Living For Love should have been a top 20 hit. The whole era was mismanaged. Withholding the song in the UK for months then finally release it on a Wednesday?!? MESS.

Bitch would have charted higher with digital sales had it not been tied to a pre-order. Billboard forbids counting the sales from instant grats tracks tied to preorders.

Would it REALLY have hit top 20 in the US? Not sure about the UK. I just remember nothing happening like for the first time there was absolutely no interest it seemed. BIM should've definitely been the lead single since people seemed to be into. Imagine that performed at the Grammys and Brits. I know people say MX really had no stand "lead single" but RH i think was more so. My opinion of course. 

37 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Wrong-o

You are still projecting.

Thats your opinion which you should stop projecting on me?? Also, try to actually talk about the topic and not just say I am projecting as an excuse to avoid our disagreements. If I had gone on and on about how Bitch Im Madonna is Madonna's greatest song and how I love everything about it, would you call that projection also? I dont need to specify that something I say is my opinion constantly because everything im writing is my own opinion and people are welcome to disagree. I am posting what I think which is not projection. Anyway, I am tired of talking about this, "Happy New Years Bitch" as Madonna would say and health and happiness for you and your loved ones.

10 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Would it REALLY have hit top 20 in the US? Not sure about the UK. I just remember nothing happening like for the first time there was absolutely no interest it seemed. BIM should've definitely been the lead single since people seemed to be into. Imagine that performed at the Grammys and Brits. I know people say MX really had no stand "lead single" but RH i think was more so. My opinion of course. 

Thats what I said previously, either give Ghost Town a fair shot or just release BIM as the lead single. Rebel Heart was a nightmare from a promotional standpoint, her team was beyond incompetent then, im just so glad she is back with Warner although her contract does not seem to cover a new album.

1 minute ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

Thats what I said previously, either give Ghost Town a fair shot or just release BIM as the lead single. Rebel Heart was a nightmare from a promotional standpoint, her team was beyond incompetent then, im just so glad she is back with Warner although her contract does not seem to cover a new album.

Ghosttown had more than a fair shot. It was performed a shit load, got a good video, had her being vanilla AC and still flopped. 

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Ghosttown had more than a fair shot. It was performed a shit load, got a good video, had her being vanilla AC and still flopped. 

Do you think that actually has anything to do with the quality of the song itself? I mean, it might be vanilla but if somebody like Taylor Swift had released Ghost Town it would have been a hit. Look at the lack of interest in Crave, despite it being the best single on Madame X in my opinion.

• Enrico unfeatured this topic