Madonna Back In The Studio!

Shoful

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Robertthenurse said:

People love nostalgia.  People are starting to recollect cassettes for God sakes. Ugly 90s clothing was a thing recently too. We always revert to the past. Radio is still huge. Yes streaming I agree has become the new "thing" now. But, nothing compares to having that annoying hit played on the radio over and over again. People still take Polaroids to this day. Anywho, gdnite

Because its a gimick,  collecting thing. Do i miss those days of going to a music store looking for singles and cds? Yes. Is that dead? Yes. It definitely not the same thing buying something online or streaming but it's adapt or die. 

4 hours ago, beautifulkiller said:

people lost interest when maluma was involved like they have lost interest in whatever she did with swae lee in the studio 

I still believe the song would’ve fared batter of it wasn’t for her overly auto tuned voice. Everyone I know hates that shit. ??‍♂️

1 hour ago, DaddyZ said:

I still believe the song would’ve fared batter of it wasn’t for her overly auto tuned voice. Everyone I know hates that shit. ??‍♂️

Yeah this is true, auto tune has no appeal right now it seems, Adele has always been crazy popular because she does not need a ton of auto tune. Madonna would not need so much either if she actually took the time to work on her vocals.

On 12/23/2021 at 8:17 AM, Karma said:

It has to be said...There's problematic undertones to some fans being vehemently repulsed by the idea of Madonna working with rappers. I have seen these type of comments not only on forums but on her Facebook page as well.

The Swae Lee criticism is particularly ironic because "Crave" is one of the poppiest songs from Madame X but I guess some people assume that a black collaborator = a "rap" song. The truth is that Madonna has never made a hip-hop record but she has always been heavily influenced by black artists and their sound, from Madonna and Like A Virgin to Bedtime Stories and Hard Candy.

Obviously you don't have to applaud everything she does but you would think that Madonna fans should be a little more open-minded by now, no? She used to be celebrated for her reinventions and versatility but as of lately, I have seen more and more fans that want her to remain stagnant, to the point of going back to her past (white) producers.

And while I would totally be on board with another "Hung Up" or "Like A Prayer" sized hit, the Facebook comments implying that rap music is apparently beneath her do rub me the wrong way and they could be construed as racial microagressions.

Anyway, on a brighter note, 2022 is shaping up to be a good year for Madonna fans. 40th career anniversary, new music, new biopic and the long-awaited reissues. Fingers crossed for more good things to come.

I was about to say this. 

If I dare say, there's a racist undertone.

4 minutes ago, artlover said:

I was about to say this. 

If I dare say, there's a racist undertone.

Is there really a racist undertone? I dont see anyone jumping up and down for Madonna to collaborate with white artists like Ed Sheeran, the bottom line is that her collaborations have been horrible with the exception of Crave and 4 minutes, people are just basically tired of the same old bullshit of trying to pursue getting a hit by compromising the quality of your album.

1 minute ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

Is there really a racist undertone? I dont see anyone jumping up and down for Madonna to collaborate with white artists like Ed Sheeran, the bottom line is that her collaborations have been horrible with the exception of Crave and 4 minutes, people are just basically tired of the same old bullshit of trying to pursue getting a hit by compromising the quality of your album.

It's not the same to not expect Madonna to work with mediocre white artists and to DRAG her beforehand for weorking with black people. There's ALWAYS a racist undertone.

1 minute ago, artlover said:

It's not the same to not expect Madonna to work with mediocre white artists and to DRAG her beforehand for weorking with black people. There's ALWAYS a racist undertone.

The problem with your reasoning is that she has already worked with people like Swae Lee, nobody is dragging her beforehand because we all know what kind of stuff they would create together and we want her to move on to something new, it has nothing to do with him being black and no, not everything in life has a racist undertone believe it or not. I dont go about my life thinking about race all the time, Madonna could collaborate with a white guy like MGK and I am sure I would hate the results. If the news broke tomorrow that Madonna was working with Ed Sheeran on a single, I can guarantee you that you would see a hell of a lot of pissed off Madonna fans bracing themselves for another horrible collaboration. 

10 minutes ago, gafuller said:

I personally love features. I have found very few with M to be awful. But maybe it’s because I’m from the younger generation where features are normalized even if it’s for taking advantage of the GP. 

Well I dont like features usually but I will say that Madonna's are not as big of abominations as those of other artists I am paying attention to right now. Elton John should be sentenced to firing squad for that collaboration with Ed Sheeran on Merry Christmas. The success of that drivel is a perfect example of how charts are a joke these days.

16 minutes ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

Well I dont like features usually but I will say that Madonna's are not as big of abominations as those of other artists I am paying attention to right now. Elton John should be sentenced to firing squad for that collaboration with Ed Sheeran on Merry Christmas. The success of that drivel is a perfect example of how charts are a joke these days.

i always think this but then i wonder if its just my age and the music is good lol ...are we just getting on lol 

2 minutes ago, beautifulkiller said:

i always think this but then i wonder if its just my age and the music is good lol ...are we just getting on lol 

???? sometimes I feel like that also, that is until I listen to the track and see the music video again and I am reminded of how terrible it is. Elton John sucks with his music video's and always has, the video with Cold Heart is creepy as fuck.

14 minutes ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

???? sometimes I feel like that also, that is until I listen to the track and see the music video again and I am reminded of how terrible it is. Elton John sucks with his music video's and always has, the video with Cold Heart is creepy as fuck.

yeah he is cringe fest ...i have never liked him and no its not because of his bitterness towards madonna - i just generally dont find him that interesting lol

5 minutes ago, beautifulkiller said:

yeah he is cringe fest ...i have never liked him and no its not because of his bitterness towards madonna - i just generally dont find him that interesting lol

I can respect some of his classic albums like Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, but recently he has just been so cringe.

3 hours ago, Alpha said:

Because its a gimick,  collecting thing. Do i miss those days of going to a music store looking for singles and cds? Yes. Is that dead? Yes. It definitely not the same thing buying something online or streaming but it's adapt or die. 

Me personally never got into the 'I have to buy every edition of this album' kinda thing. I still like things physical. Nothing is better than vinyl IMO. Streaming is just convenient. The past always repeats itself. It's also what ever toots your boat I guess. 

27 minutes ago, Robertthenurse said:

Me personally never got into the 'I have to buy every edition of this album' kinda thing. I still like things physical. Nothing is better than vinyl IMO. Streaming is just convenient. The past always repeats itself. It's also what ever toots your boat I guess. 

Personally, I love collecting everything and so I always hope for physical releases, but its definitely not for everyone. I just get mad when she refused to release a physical DVD of the Madame X Concert Film, I get that digital is the thing now but she should still try and take care of her older fans.  

1 hour ago, Robertthenurse said:

I mean its like laserdisc, i love it and collect it but im not in some delusion that its nothing but a niche thing.

56 minutes ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

Personally, I love collecting everything and so I always hope for physical releases, but its definitely not for everyone. I just get mad when she refused to release a physical DVD of the Madame X Concert Film, I get that digital is the thing now but she should still try and take care of her older fans.  

No let them record it on their vcr

46 minutes ago, Alpha said:

No let them record it on their vcr

Or just release a disk like tons of other artists do. How sad is it that more relevant artists like Taylor Swift release something physical but Madonna does not. Nobody wants to record something on a VCR genius. Madonna would also stand to make a bunch of money from something physical because fans would want to buy it to add to their collection. Of all the people in this forum, you have got to be number one on my list of the most annoying. Stop replying to my comments by trolling or you are going on block.

9 minutes ago, dominbil said:

I hope it will be a new single ... Not a remake of Frozen ...

judging my the lyric sheet they have , its frozen ..but fingers crossed they recorded something else 

hanky panky ( spank this bitch ) featuring ed sheeran from the super deluxe im breathless "yes it is a ablum " release

5 minutes ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

Or just release a DVD like tons of other artists do. How sad is it that more relevant artists like Taylor Swift release something physical but Madonna does not. Nobody wants to record something on a VCR genius. Madonna would also stand to make a bunch of money from something physical because fans would want to buy it to add to their collection.

She would not make a bunch of money off madame x dvds lol 

Also what was the last dvd taylor released? 

• Enrico unfeatured this topic