Madonna Back In The Studio!

Shoful

3 hours ago, Alpha said:

You've always said that lol i would suggest listening to their scores....if anything the original Inside Out proves that she can merge industrial and pop really well. Also, Hurt musically is just so...beautiful i dont see how Madonna couldn't do that

I like Hurt, but personally it would be hard for me to listen to a whole album of songs like that. Maybe if she did 1 or 2 songs with them. 

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Glindathegood said:

I like Hurt, but personally it would be hard for me to listen to a whole album of songs like that. Maybe if she did 1 or 2 songs with them. 

Lol i did not say a whole album sounding like Hurt so please do not twist or misunderstand what I am saying. Also Madonna has never put out an album where every song sounded the same and neither have Trent or Atticus. 

12 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Lol i did not say a whole album sounding like Hurt so please do not twist or misunderstand what I am saying. Also Madonna has never put out an album where every song sounded the same and neither have Trent or Atticus. 

Yes, but their other styles might not suit her. Wouldn’t she be copying Halsey if she worked with them? People always complain if she works  with the same producers as other artists. 

22 minutes ago, Glindathegood said:

Yes, but their other styles might not suit her. Wouldn’t she be copying Halsey if she worked with them? People always complain if she works  with the same producers as other artists. 

Uh are you joking? Lol you think if she worked with the guy from Nine Inch Nails she would be copying Halsey? And do you think they would produce the same songs they did for Halsey that they would for Madonna? I'm not a Halsey fan but I'm gonna assume she brings her own style to her collaborations the way Madonna brings her own with hers. The only producers that she didnt were Justin and Timbaland.

I could see Madonna doing an early 90's house influenced album. I think this would be more fascinating than the trendy late 70's disco revival. It would be interesting to hear reimagined the Chicago house-style that she explored with Shep Pettibone on Deeper & Deeper mixes and on the Living For Love demo. It would also be interesting to explore with sounds of New Jersey garage soulful house, acid house, and Italo disco. I also really like the American Latin freestyle sounds Lewis A. Martineé did with Exposé, and with Pet Shop Boys on Domino Dancing.

The Erotica album turns 30 in October! I wonder if this is one of the considered projects for reissues to be announced "soon." It would be interesting if she started with Like A Prayer, followed by Erotica. Everybody will be 40, also in October! 

35 minutes ago, Rory said:

I could see Madonna doing an early 90's house influenced album. I think this would be more fascinating than the trendy late 70's disco revival. It would be interesting to hear reimagined the Chicago house-style that she explored with Shep Pettibone on Deeper & Deeper mixes and on the Living For Love demo. It would also be interesting to explore with sounds of New Jersey garage soulful house, acid house, and Italo disco. I also really like the American Latin freestyle sounds Lewis A. Martineé did with Exposé, and with Pet Shop Boys on Domino Dancing.

The Erotica album turns 30 in October! I wonder if this is one of the considered projects for reissues to be announced "soon." It would be interesting if she started with Like A Prayer, followed by Erotica. Everybody will be 40, also in October! 

Who’s That Girl is literally the demo for Domino Dancing. Madonna had her eye keen on PSB in 86 - 90 and they on her. Go listen.

Rescue Me is Madonna doing Pet Shop Boys and returning the favour. 

34 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Who’s That Girl is literally the demo for Domino Dancing. Madonna had her eye keen on PSB in 86 - 90 and they on her. Go listen.

Rescue Me is Madonna doing Pet Shop Boys and returning the favour. 

And to think Warner wanted her to work with PSB for what would be "Hard Candy"

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

Uh are you joking? Lol you think if she worked with the guy from Nine Inch Nails she would be copying Halsey? And do you think they would produce the same songs they did for Halsey that they would for Madonna? I'm not a Halsey fan but I'm gonna assume she brings her own style to her collaborations the way Madonna brings her own with hers. The only producers that she didnt were Justin and Timbaland.

The Halsey album is very different than her other material. Trent Reznor has a pretty distinctive sound that comes through in his work, and the Halsey album even though I enjoy it definitely reflects that. 
I just don’t see Madonna’s style blending well with industrial and alternative producers. 

35 minutes ago, deathproof said:

And to think Warner wanted her to work with PSB for what would be "Hard Candy"

I’m pretty sure it was exactly the opposite of that. Warners wanted her to go in more of an R&B direction to have more success in the US market. Confessions was huge in Europe but underperformed in the US. 

2 hours ago, Glindathegood said:

The Halsey album is very different than her other material. Trent Reznor has a pretty distinctive sound that comes through in his work, and the Halsey album even though I enjoy it definitely reflects that. 
I just don’t see Madonna’s style blending well with industrial and alternative producers. 

Lol yes totally disregard my example of the demo of Inside Out. Also, Candy Perfume Girl says hi.

I cant Imagine what fans of Material Girl would think if suggested in 1985 that she would have a song like Secret Garden or a song like Frozen or even Live to Tell. 

11 hours ago, Alpha said:

Lol yes totally disregard my example of the demo of Inside Out. Also, Candy Perfume Girl says hi.

I cant Imagine what fans of Material Girl would think if suggested in 1985 that she would have a song like Secret Garden or a song like Frozen or even Live to Tell. 

Candy Perfume Girl is an outlier though. It’s hardly one of her most remembered  or loved songs. It got a  negative reaction from a lot of fans. 

Trent Reznor’s sound isn’t anything like Frozen or Live to Tell which are more on the vein of classic Madonna ballads, not guitar heavy or industrial. 

2 hours ago, steady75 said:

Ugh I know . Would have been incredible 

What the Pet Shop Boys said  was Warner originally did approach them, but then Warner changed their mind and wanted her to go down the R&B route to do better in the American market, and rescinded their support. So it’s not true that  Warner was pushing her to work with the Pet Shop Boys and she alone was the one that said no. 
I have never seen the big fuss about the Pet Shop Boys. I like one or two songs, but a lot of their songs sound the same, it gets boring after awhile. 

15 hours ago, Alpha said:

Yes because Crave was so youthful and immature and trendy.

No need to get comically defensive. Why is Swae on Crave? To pander and yes it’s meant to be youthful and “trendy”.  And there’s a difference between youthful and immature. I never mentioned immature. You’re free to disagree, even if misguided. 

• Enrico unfeatured this topic