Madonna Back In The Studio!

Shoful

a lot of fans want madonna to work with only white people it seems ..i mean if they are black they jump to a conclusion its going to be rap or trap - id laugh about it if i didnt genuinely think it really is a issue ..why cant they just turn to kylie who just farts out disco pop records for the fun of it 24.7 and leave madonna to do what she wants to do and work with who she wants to work with 

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, beautifulkiller said:

when you say bad albums do you mean in general or in terms of madonnas quality because i would never say they were bad albums ..each album has some great gems on it ad the tours they supported were brilliant 

In terms of Madonna's quality because they are still better than the crap your average pop star churns out.

2 hours ago, Rory said:

PSB's last 3 albums were produced by Stuart Price! Maybe you would like those? Try The Pop Kids, Inside A Dream, Twenty-Something, Into Thin Air, I Don't Wanna, Burning the Heather. The songwriting and melodies are genius (to me), making a mature/contemporary statements. I always wondered what a Neil Tennant/Madonna written and produced song would sound like. But then I also think of Sufjan Stevens----especially his last albums (The Ascension or A Beginner's Mind) or his work on Planetarium or Sisyphus and wonder how this could take Madonna in a new direction (sort of how Ray of Light did). Actually PSB and Sufjan would totally be an interesting collaboration. 

Also listen to Liza Minelli's album Results (1989) as it was produced by PSB. The entire album is amazing (to me), especially Don't Drop Bombs, Love Pains, Twist In My Sobriety, Losing My Mind, So Sorry I Said, I Want You Now ... but I do agree that vocals/singer's voice can be an acquired taste.

Stuart Price is probably my least favourite producer who has worked with M - let's say I appreciate "Confessions..." for what it is and what it achieved but I don't enjoy it that much and rarely listen to. Thanks for the suggestions though. :)

51 minutes ago, beautifulkiller said:

a lot of fans want madonna to work with only white people it seems ..i mean if they are black they jump to a conclusion its going to be rap or trap - id laugh about it if i didnt genuinely think it really is a issue ..why cant they just turn to kylie who just farts out disco pop records for the fun of it 24.7 and leave madonna to do what she wants to do and work with who she wants to work with 

Why u gotta be right? Lol 

4 hours ago, beautifulkiller said:

Mike Dean is a middle aged white guy

5 hours ago, beautifulkiller said:

why cant they just turn to kylie who just farts out disco pop records for the fun of it 24.7 and leave madonna to do what she wants to do and work with who she wants to work with 

why is Kylie's work "farting out disco pop records" and Madonna's work is "the work she wants to do" like it's brain surgery or the cure for cancer? Why do you constantly need to put other people down? Is it to justify absolute CRAP like Champagne Rose that Madonna comes up with?

30 minutes ago, androiduser said:

why is Kylie's work "farting out disco pop records" and Madonna's work is "the work she wants to do" like it's brain surgery or the cure for cancer? Why do you constantly need to put other people down? Is it to justify absolute CRAP like Champagne Rose that Madonna comes up with?

i hate champagne rose too , i mean kylie likes to put out mediocre pop records just to ponder to her largly gay fanbase - madonna will never do this so i think the madonna fans who want disco madonna should go listen to kylie because madonna is not going to bring out confessions on a dance floor part two and kylie will continue to put out records like this because she is a pop star - madonna is a artist  - i use kylie as a example as i feel some fans want madonna to turn into her who just sings about dancing 24/7 and never has anything interesting to say and is not political etc ..this will never be madonna 

1 hour ago, luluthecat said:

Mike Dean is a middle aged white guy

yes but they prob see him as a white guy that makes black sounding music ..this is how shallow and ignorant some of them are - they prob want him to go too - they prob lose interest in anything from her as soon as they see he is involved - its true ...

8 hours ago, yeezuslovesmypussybest said:

I prefer Champagne Rose to any song on Disco (and I love Disco). Some of us have taste outside of basic dance bops. And of course all music is subjective but in my opinion Champagne Rose is more progressive and experimental than any of Kylie's recent work.

It is sadly true that a lot of Madonna fans are anti-black. You can bet anyone who criticises her for featuring rappers or experimenting with hiphop/trap/r&b styles will also be obsessing over her most basic 80s songs, the return of Patrick Leonard and something about how Confessions was her last great album. It's getting really tired and predictable actually.

And another point on having taste outside of basic dance bops - Madame X is her greatest work since American Life.

Yes except that last part :P

9 hours ago, yeezuslovesmypussybest said:

I prefer Champagne Rose to any song on Disco (and I love Disco). Some of us have taste outside of basic dance bops. And of course all music is subjective but in my opinion Champagne Rose is more progressive and experimental than any of Kylie's recent work.

It is sadly true that a lot of Madonna fans are anti-black. You can bet anyone who criticises her for featuring rappers or experimenting with hiphop/trap/r&b styles will also be obsessing over her most basic 80s songs, the return of Patrick Leonard and something about how Confessions was her last great album. It's getting really tired and predictable actually.

And another point on having taste outside of basic dance bops - Madame X is her greatest work since American Life.

Madame X is her best album since Confessions, its definitely not superior and im not saying this because I hate rap, im saying it because Confessions is a killer dance album and feels much more coherent then Madame X, although Madame X is still very good compared to previous efforts like MDNA and Hard Candy.

Hmmm I disagree that most fans only want Madonna to work with white people. 

Nile Rogers, Stephen Bray, Pharell, Timbaland, Dallas Austin, Babyface, Starrah, Kanye, Missy, Lenny Kravitz are all people of colour who have produced lots of work for her over the decades. I've never really heard anyone calling out her work with these musicians before.

I think the issue a certain portion of the fanbase has is Madonnas style has repeatedly emulated a very specific, dated and repetitive style of music that is based around loops, autotune, mumbling and features where M sounds like she's a guest on her own record. One of the most  basic and boring incarnations of Hop-Hop ever in terms of sounds, emotion, clarity. It feels more like dress up than any of her former images which she's moved on pretty quickly from. There are so many other forms of alt rnb that I would die to see Madonna veer into. It's specifically modern hip-hop that just doesn't fit her very well as a woman in her 60's tbh. Plenty of RNB Hip Hop vibes throughout her work from 1990-1994 and that's some of Madonnas most beloved work. She just seems more infatuated with it in the last decade  than she really ever has before. It's borders on culture vulture despite her worldly views. 

I think it's too easy to just broad stroke it as colour based racism even if when the language used by certain fans veers into racist tropes. Does that makes sense? It's more about Madonna not the artists she's working with which sometimes feel cynical and opportunistic which in itself is problematic. 

11 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Hmmm I disagree that most fans only want Madonna to work with white people. 

Nile Rogers, Stephen Bray, Pharell, Timbaland, Dallas Austin, Babyface, Starrah, Kanye, Missy, Lenny Kravitz are all people of colour who have produced lots of work for her over the decades. I've never really heard anyone calling out her work with these musicians before.

I think the issue a certain portion of the fanbase has is Madonnas style has repeatedly emulated a very specific, dated and repetitive style of music that is based around loops, autotune, mumbling and features where M sounds like she's a guest on her own record. One of the most  basic and boring incarnations of Hop-Hop ever in terms of sounds, emotion, clarity. It feels more like dress up than any of her former images which she's moved on pretty quickly from. There are so many other forms of alt rnb that I would die to see Madonna veer into. It's specifically modern hip-hop that just doesn't fit her very well as a woman in her 60's tbh. Plenty of RNB Hip Hop vibes throughout her work from 1990-1994 and that's some of Madonnas most beloved work. She just seems more infatuated with it in the last decade  than she really ever has before. It's borders on culture vulture despite her worldly views. 

I think it's too easy to just broad stroke it as colour based racism even if when the language used by certain fans veers into racist tropes. Does that makes sense? It's more about Madonna not the artists she's working with which sometimes feel cynical and opportunistic which in itself is problematic. 

Thank you, realistic and sensible like always in your answers. One of the biggest issues with Madonna now is that everything feels like she is just repeating herself, everything from her music to her statements and behavior on social media and interviews. I miss the mystery and excitement of being a Madonna fan, she has become predictable and that is a drag. I just wish she would venture into new territory but still retain the elements that the majority of her fans would like to see. The collaborations have been the worst, its sad to see a legend compromising her art to chase after chart success which is never going to happen.

9 minutes ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

Thank you, realistic and sensible like always in your answers. One of the biggest issues with Madonna now is that everything feels like she is just repeating herself, everything from her music to her statements and behavior on social media and interviews. I miss the mystery and excitement of being a Madonna fan, she has become predictable and that is a drag. I just wish she would venture into new territory but still retain the elements that the majority of her fans would like to see. The collaborations have been the worst, its sad to see a legend compromising her art to chase after chart success which is never going to happen.

her tours did become a bit samey , no wonder she wanted to change things up with madame x and she did it was totally different - she will only get chart success if she duets with a really popular artist of the time ..if kylie cant do it at 50 ish despite giving her fans what they want etc madonna wont be able to do it at 63 ..im not sure if she does chase charts anymore though 

18 minutes ago, beautifulkiller said:

her tours did become a bit samey , no wonder she wanted to change things up with madame x and she did it was totally different - she will only get chart success if she duets with a really popular artist of the time ..if kylie cant do it at 50 ish despite giving her fans what they want etc madonna wont be able to do it at 63 ..im not sure if she does chase charts anymore though 

What do you think the point of those collaborations with guys like Swae Lee were about? she has not had a solo hit since Celebration which reached number ten I think. I dont even think hits are important at this stage in her career, it is ultimately nothing but a stat and not reflective of the quality of her music. Madame X was a step in the right direction but I wanna see something new in 2022.

4 minutes ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

What do you think the point of those collaborations with guys like Swae Lee were about? she has not had a solo hit since Celebration which reached number ten I think. I dont even think hits are important at this stage in her career, it is ultimately nothing but a stat and not reflective of the quality of her music. Madame X was a step in the right direction but I wanna see something new in 2022.

Hes not massive , i mean like taylor swift or ed sheeran or adele 

1 minute ago, beautifulkiller said:

Hes not massive , i mean like taylor swift or ed sheeran or adele 

Well I mean Ed Sheeran or Adele would not fit in with the theme of the record, Madonna is not an idiot, so she got somebody who was relevant in the rap world around that time. Crave should have been the lead single though, I will never understand the decision to release Medellin first.

On 1/8/2022 at 3:33 PM, Prayer said:

I don't know. In my opinion... if the Pet Shop Boys "Sorry" remix was a preview of what they could do together... maybe it was better that it never happened, anyway. I mean it's a nice remix, but that's it.

We'll never know!

Jump is very Pet Shop Boys esque. It's very "Westend Girls." I imagine M + PSB would have moved past the quote-on-quote 70's/disco sound from Confessions, and gone to the next decade with a modern take on "80's music."

We kinda got that in Hard Candy with "Give it 2 Me" and "She's Not Me."

Every time I think of the possibility of a PSB follow up to Confessions, I think of their album "Super"

12 minutes ago, steady75 said:

You can’t really get any bigger than Dua Lipa right now and that didn’t pan out brilliantly tbh. Levitating was the biggest song in the states last year but da baby is more to do with that tbh. 

yes but only because it was a remix now if she had done the original song and video i think it would have been a hit 

4 hours ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

Well I mean Ed Sheeran or Adele would not fit in with the theme of the record, Madonna is not an idiot, so she got somebody who was relevant in the rap world around that time. Crave should have been the lead single though, I will never understand the decision to release Medellin first.

It's because the Despacito impact, she wanted a latin inspired hit and she failed sadly... 

21 minutes ago, yeezuslovesmypussybest said:

This is just a list of some of the people she has worked with. Fans have had problems with nearly all of them:

Working with Starrah unleashed a ton of racist comments to the point that Madonna has to make an IG post about it. Hard Candy is openly hated due to Timbaland/Pharrell/Kanye's hip-hop, rap and r&b influences. Justin Timberlake (and Mike Dean) may be white but the music they created is 100% black influences... both disliked by (anti-black) fans.

Kanye's production on Rebel Heart was also targetted as well as endless complaints of her featuring Nicki Minaj, Chance, Nas, Mike Tyson. Swae Lee being on Madame X got backlash before anyone even heard the song - same thing happened again last month with pics of them in the studio.

There is a major difference between unapologetically black music (rap, hiphop, trap, r&b) and black music that is easily accessible by white people and often has its black history erased (motown, house, disco, poppy r&b) which happen to be the projects that anti-black Madonna fans tolerate the best. Same reason that the house and disco influences on Erotica and praised while the hip-hop influences and rap feature are considered skips (despite being the most integral part of the albums theme). This is the case for Nile Rogers and Stephen Bray.

Even with the R&B influences on Bedtime Stories being as pop and accessible as possible, it is still one of her most overlooked and underrated albums. The most r&b and trip-hop influenced songs are again considered skips despite being the most integeral to the project, while the pop songs (which are the weakest imo) are the favourite.

The only collabs I can think of that those fans were 100% happy with were Britney Spears and Dua Lipa... even though Levitating embarrassed her legacy more than anything else. 

Anti-black Madonna fans DO exist - there as never a question of that. I could go on and on.

Danmm thats a long rant and your ignoring the basic fact that her collaborations suck and thats why they are hated, not because of the color of some guys skin. Hard Candy is held in contempt because its a mediocre record and that goes for Timberlake and his contribution. Fans dont hate Baby Face, Nile Rodgers or Lenny Kravitz  now do they? is pretty easy to use the racism excuse to cover up for the fact that her collaborations suck that goes for black artists and non black artists. Madonna fans dont seem to hate Crave even though Swae Lee is a black rapper why? because the track is actually good.

21 minutes ago, yeezuslovesmypussybest said:

Is it though? Bitch I'm Madonna is nothing like any other Madonna song, Crave is nothing like any other Madonna song, Future is nothing like any other Madonna song etc etc etc.

It will 100% be repetitive to people who hate unapologetic black music, because they will react the same to every song.

Confessions is just as much of a 'dress up', 'culture vulture', 'cynical and opportunistic' moment of concious marketing as Rebel Heart or Madame X. And releasing an EDM/disco record in her 40s makes just as little sense as Madame X in her 60s.

The entire philosophy of Madonna's artistry is exploring new styles, experimenting and challenging herself to adapt to new (or old) cultures and musical expressions. Her entire discography can be considered 'dress up' if that's how you see it.

We are all allowed to love and hate songs/albums. The point I'm making is that if all the songs/albums you hate happen to be unapologetically black, then you are anti-black. It's that simple.

Case in point.

You dont seem to understand do you? HER RECENT COLABORATIONS ARE HATED BECAUSE THEY SUCK!!!! NOT BECAUSE THE MUSICANS ARE BLACK, SHE HAS WORKED WITH BLACK ARTISTS IN THE PAST AND FANS LIKE THOSE, that goes for Crave also. Once she actually releases a quality collaboration I will like it. I dont want her to repeat Confessions, I want her to make fun music again. Not all the problems in her career lately can be placed on the shoulders of racism. She could collaborate with Ed Sheeran and the song would suck ballsack, Ed Sheeran is not black is he? I despise MDNA with a passion and that album is dance, the collaboration with Nicki Minaj is not even the worst track on that abomination. I dislike some of her 80s and 90's stuff also, does that mean I hate all white artists she has ever worked with? dont bother responding if your gonna repeat your same old stupid claim.

• Enrico unfeatured this topic