Madonna Back In The Studio!

Shoful

5 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

Isn't she name quoted in one of their tracks (terrible, terrible albums btw) ? Maybe that's what she's doing here, Mike Dean, Swae Lee etc..are her Ttin Machine.

Think about the good things
Think about the bad things
Think about a reason to see you tonight
Something getting hard when you rock it up
Something getting hot when you rock it up
Pretty little girl let your sweet thing sway
Never gonna treat you wrong
Tie you down pretend you're Madonna
Never gonna treat you wrong

Oh you pretty thing
Shake your pretty thing
Gimme that pretty thing.......

I bought his/'their' records during this time.
A lot of The Party Faithful....weren't and were waiting on him releasing 'A Proper Bowie Album'.

Outside is a rework of a much longer musical concept 'thingy' called 'Leon'.
Part 2 was to be called Contamination.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/25/2021 at 6:59 PM, Andreo said:

Madonna - The Immaculate Abomination, 2022

1. Like a Virgin (feat Migos) 

2. Material Girl (feat Cardi B) 

3. Papa Don't Preach (feat Edd Sheeran) 

4. Like a Prayer (featuring a sample from the airport speech in 1990) 

5. Vogue (feat lil pump) 

6. Erotica (feat Adele) 

7. Frozen (feat Swae Lee) 

8. Ray of Light (feat Olivia Rodrigo) 

9. Music (feat Justin Bieber) 

10. Hung Up (feat TheBlessed Madonna & Nicki Minaj) 

11. 4 Minutes (feat everyone who shows up in the studio) 

Including a brand new song, 'Cock 'N Balls' featuring Elthon John! 

Dancing Queen Happy Dance GIF

Obviously this is a joke, but I would be here for a serious project along these lines, with heavy promotion. She needs to attract the younger generation and remixing her old hits with the current sound is a good way to do it! Just because it's new, doesn't mean it's bad. She is trying to keep up with the times and so should we. Enough judging Minaj, Cardi B or Swae Lee. (this is not aimed at you @Andreo, I talking in general terms) 

19 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

Obviously this is a joke, but I would be here for a serious project along these lines, with heavy promotion. She needs to attract the younger generation and remixing her old hits with the current sound is a good way to do it! Just because it's new, doesn't mean it's bad. She is trying to keep up with the times and so should we. Enough judging Minaj, Cardi B or Swae Lee. (this is not aimed at you @Andreo, I talking in general terms) 

The thing your not taking into account is that currently she will not be attracting anyone by remixing her old hits in such a way that they sound unrecognizable. Elton John Cold Heart is the perfect example of how a song should be properly remixed. It still retains the greatness of Eltons old hits and Dua Lipa is just something to draw people in. I dont see that with anything Madonna is currently doing, she has always been terrible at collaborations and frankly I just want her to go back to releasing a great pop album. We all know that is not going to happen any time soon though?

3 hours ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

The thing your not taking into account is that currently she will not be attracting anyone by remixing her old hits in such a way that they sound unrecognizable. Elton John Cold Heart is the perfect example of how a song should be properly remixed. It still retains the greatness of Eltons old hits and Dua Lipa is just something to draw people in. I dont see that with anything Madonna is currently doing, she has always been terrible at collaborations and frankly I just want her to go back to releasing a great pop album. We all know that is not going to happen any time soon though?

Mmmh I disagree. Look at the numbers the "new" Frozen is pulling in. Madonna's old songs are songwriting masterpieces and they lend themselves to being reworked and reimagined as she has done many times on her tours. The change but they still remain great songs because of how well written they are. I think a project like this would work. I mean, it's not groundbreaking or anything, many artists have done it before and made it work. 

4 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

Why is there any need for her to attract young people by butchering her classics? 
This all sounds horrendous and cheapens her legacy. 

I (and many of her real fans) would never ever buy stream or support such a project. And I’m a huge fan of Swae Lee, Nicky, Cardi etc.

I’d love for her to grow old as an artist with dignity and stop chasing chasing chart success in this manner.

If people can’t appreciate her music for what it is it’s their loss. She doesn’t need anymore validation at this point

3 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Why is there any need for her to attract young people by butchering her classics? 
This all sounds horrendous and cheapens her legacy. 

I (and many of her real fans) would never ever buy stream or support such a project. And I’m a huge fan of Swae Lee, Nicky, Cardi etc.

I’d love for her to grow old as an artist with dignity and stop chasing chasing chart success in this manner.

If people can’t appreciate her music for what it is it’s their loss. She doesn’t need anymore validation at this point

Why have you already decided her hits are gonna be butchered? We haven't heard a thing. She doesn't need to attract young people if she doesn't care about chart success. But if young people don't know her music, they won't remember her. There's already so many people my age who have never heard Like a prayer or Like a virgin. I think a project like this will get their attention and expose them to the original version. More music doesn't make the old music disappear, you can choose to listen to whatever you want and ignore what you don't like. The "real fans" rethoric always sounds a bit silly. I consider myself a real fan, but I'd stream this and support her ??‍♂️ if you don't like it you don't have to stream it

8 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

I actually agree with you on this, I joked putting the most absurd features lol, but a project of revamped hits with other artists would be a nice extra and I'd love it too

55 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

I want her to record a Tory Lanez diss track ?

Right?! Also, Madonna does what Madonna wants to do. It's evident that the Warner thing was a smart move while she creates and eventually promotes her new movie. She is def gonna re-release her earlier albums, possibly do some sort of Tour that highlights her long list of hits around this time of the movie. Listen, Madonna LOVES attention. And Kids these days are feelin the 80s. If you can't be on the radio, be bigger than the radio with what is being played of you on the radio.

And that talk about the song S.E.X, I think Holy Water (my fav song on Rebel) was WAY more provocative. And is it THAT provocative to talk about Sex these days? Maybe in the 90s lol 

But again, she's Madonna. She's breaking the boundaries when all these Beyonces get to be her age. 

Shes timeless. Enjoy her while she is alive -- like me :)

8 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

Why have you already decided her hits are gonna be butchered? We haven't heard a thing. She doesn't need to attract young people if she doesn't care about chart success. But if young people don't know her music, they won't remember her. There's already so many people my age who have never heard Like a prayer or Like a virgin. I think a project like this will get their attention and expose them to the original version. More music doesn't make the old music disappear, you can choose to listen to whatever you want and ignore what you don't like. The "real fans" rethoric always sounds a bit silly. I consider myself a real fan, but I'd stream this and support her ??‍♂️ if you don't like it you don't have to stream it

Well I’m saying it based on history. It never worked. Gaga’s reimagined Born This Way is terrible and so is Michael Jackson’s Thriller. 
As much as I dislike it, I get why she’s doing this Frozen remake with Swae Lee. It’s a good idea and a cute marketing gimmick. It even has a slight chance to be a success for her. But a full scale project, forget about it! 
The “kids” won’t give a rats ass. Instead she’ll get even more ridiculed, people will take her less seriously and she’ll alienate another chunk of her loyal fan base. 
Kids just don’t care about music that was popular before they were born. 
I was in my 30s when I started listening to legacy acts like Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones or Les Zeppelin. 
Her streaming numbers are not bad at all and have you seen how many reaction videos her work has on YouTube? Probably more than any other legacy musician. 
She needs to just make new music that’s good and unique and consolidate her body of work further as a serious musician. Nor chase clout with cheap collaborations 

The last thing Madonna needs is to be a feature in her own album.

I don't understand the obsession to please younger fans. This generation listen to music that appears at the same time than they do, young creators and people they can relate to. On the same way younger fans related to Madonna and her unapologetic presence during the 80s-90s onward.

You can enjoy the Beatles or Eurythmics, still they won't be in the top chart streaming. But they keep selling records and appearing everywhere, TV, movies..

I like the idea of the Frozen collaboration because it's such a Madonna thing to do. It's a cute collaboration that works for both parties. But a whole album of collaborations 'a la Gaga' latest is pretty dull.

Also I don't understand the feature obsession. I mean I know the reason behind it, to create cash-flow for both parties and try to catch an wider audience but it's just so predictable and daft.

This obsession to try and stay relevant with younger audiences just comes across as tasteless. Madonna is a legend and she should not stoop to such lows in order to try and chase after chart success which is no longer going to happen. For me, she has become predictable in most cases and that is a drag really. I am so ready for something new and fresh, that includes persona and music.

On 12/25/2021 at 10:59 AM, Andreo said:

Madonna - The Immaculate Abomination, 2022

1. Like a Virgin (feat Migos) 

2. Material Girl (feat Cardi B) 

3. Papa Don't Preach (feat Edd Sheeran) 

4. Like a Prayer (featuring a sample from the airport speech in 1990) 

5. Vogue (feat lil pump) 

6. Erotica (feat Adele) 

7. Frozen (feat Swae Lee) 

8. Ray of Light (feat Olivia Rodrigo) 

9. Music (feat Justin Bieber) 

10. Hung Up (feat TheBlessed Madonna & Nicki Minaj) 

11. 4 Minutes (feat everyone who shows up in the studio) 

Including a brand new song, 'Cock 'N Balls' featuring Elthon John! 

Dancing Queen Happy Dance GIF

And where's Candy Shop???

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Enrico unfeatured this topic