Madonna Back In The Studio!

Shoful

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, EgoRod said:

The last thing Madonna needs is to be a feature in her own album.

I don't understand the obsession to please younger fans. This generation listen to music that appears at the same time than they do, young creators and people they can relate to. On the same way younger fans related to Madonna and her unapologetic presence during the 80s-90s onward.

You can enjoy the Beatles or Eurythmics, still they won't be in the top chart streaming. But they keep selling records and appearing everywhere, TV, movies..

I like the idea of the Frozen collaboration because it's such a Madonna thing to do. It's a cute collaboration that works for both parties. But a whole album of collaborations 'a la Gaga' latest is pretty dull.

Also I don't understand the feature obsession. I mean I know the reason behind it, to create cash-flow for both parties and try to catch an wider audience but it's just so predictable and daft.

its not daft in a world where streaming = money ...i dont blame the artists i blame the shift in the music industry 

24 minutes ago, beautifulkiller said:

its not daft in a world where streaming = money ...i dont blame the artists i blame the shift in the music industry 

true, but Madonna is not in a position that she needs the cents of streaming either. Kylie just dropped 25 versions of her last album in different vinyls, cds and tapes. And fans collect them and invest on it. We're still waiting for a Like a Prayer anniversary whatever.

13 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

true, but Madonna is not in a position that she needs the cents of streaming either. Kylie just dropped 25 versions of her last album in different vinyls, cds and tapes. And fans collect them and invest on it. We're still waiting for a Like a Prayer anniversary whatever.

no but her record company may insist 

I simply love the idea of re-released albums with unreleased/remixed (DJ) versions of some of the songs. 

Reissued albums with "featured" artists...meh.

I've also held back on buying LAP on Vinyl for mere reason as it hasn't been given a proper limited edition like I'm Breathless did with the vinyl version. I'm surprised she didn't do anything for the 30 year anniversary.

1 hour ago, Robertthenurse said:

I simply love the idea of re-released albums with unreleased/remixed (DJ) versions of some of the songs. 

Reissued albums with "featured" artists...meh.

I've also held back on buying LAP on Vinyl for mere reason as it hasn't been given a proper limited edition like I'm Breathless did with the vinyl version. I'm surprised she didn't do anything for the 30 year anniversary.

Lets be honest, the whole thing with features just plain sucks. None of the features Madonna has ever done will go down as memorable tracks. I just want her to make a great pop album where we can actually here her real voice.

20 hours ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

My life was literally flashing before my eyes thinking of the horror such an idea would result in.

Cyndi Lauper rerecoderd hits and it was garbage.  And I love Cyndi Lauper.  M is more adaptable to new genres but it is difficult to remanufacture classics.  Tricky business.  

Just now, Sultrysully said:

Cyndi Lauper rerecoderd hits and it was garbage.  And I love Cyndi Lauper.  M is more adaptable to new genres but it is difficult to remanufacture classics.  Tricky business.  

I totally agree with you, why not create some new magic instead of fucking up classic songs with changes that are bound to be slammed anyway, just kinda strikes me as a poor decision from a strategic standpoint when her energies could be better devoted elsewhere. 

3 hours ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

I totally agree with you, why not create some new magic instead of fucking up classic songs with changes that are bound to be slammed anyway, just kinda strikes me as a poor decision from a strategic standpoint when her energies could be better devoted elsewhere. 

in a world of streaming its not a poor decision but if she is going to release these possible duets on physical formats i think that may be a bad decision 

• Enrico unfeatured this topic