Madonna Back In The Studio!

Shoful

29 minutes ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

Do you think that actually has anything to do with the quality of the song itself? I mean, it might be vanilla but if somebody like Taylor Swift had released Ghost Town it would have been a hit. Look at the lack of interest in Crave, despite it being the best single on Madame X in my opinion.

It would've been a hit because it would've been Taylor at her Zenith. Its like in 1990...Hanky Panky would've flopped had it been done by like Cher but Madonna it hit top 10...hell if Hanky Panky was Madonna now it would flop. Crave unfortunately didnt have ANY performances or promo plus it was fucking stupid to release the video but no remixes yet release EPs of I Rise and then performing Future at Eurovision. It also doesnt help that Madonna fans arent existing in present and don't stream. 

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

It would've been a hit because it would've been Taylor at her Zenith. Its like in 1990...Hanky Panky would've flopped had it been done by like Cher but Madonna it hit top 10...hell if Hanky Panky was Madonna now it would flop. Crave unfortunately didnt have ANY performances or promo plus it was fucking stupid to release the video but no remixes yet release EPs of I Rise and then performing Future at Eurovision. It also doesnt help that Madonna fans arent existing in present and don't stream. 

I agree 100%  about the stuff you said here. Its just really sad for me because I really love Crave. I think the video was so well done and the song smooth and catchy, plus Madonna looked radiant there. I wish she would go back to the Crave look in terms of her clothing.

2 minutes ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

I agree 100%  about the stuff you said here. Its just really sad for me because I really love Crave. I think the video was so well done and the song smooth and catchy, plus Madonna looked radiant there. I wish she would go back to the Crave look in terms of her clothing.

I like her Erika Jayne look lately but Crave was the best of MX along with the IDSIF spy look. The wigs however? She was obviously trying out for Schitts Creek.

9 minutes ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

You cannot tell me this does not look like an MX outtake 

Screenshot_20211231-212751_Gallery.jpg

2 hours ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

I mean, it might be vanilla but if somebody like Taylor Swift had released Ghost Town it would have been a hit.

If Taylor/Adele/whoever released it, it would have been a completely different song. The same goes for Madonna's songs that were big hits, they were hits because of her and they wouldn't have been hits for, I dunno, Cindy Lauper, Cher, Tina Turner, whoever.

3 minutes ago, androiduser said:

If Taylor/Adele/whoever released it, it would have been a completely different song. The same goes for Madonna's songs that were big hits, they were hits because of her and they wouldn't have been hits for, I dunno, Cindy Lauper, Cher, Tina Turner, whoever.

Yeah thanks for stating the obvious, you know what I meant. My point is that if a song similar to this had been released by a younger artist who was relevant it would have been a hit. A songs popularity is not always an indication of how good or bad it is.

1 hour ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

Yeah thanks for stating the obvious, you know what I meant. My point is that if a song similar to this had been released by a younger artist who was relevant it would have been a hit. A songs popularity is not always an indication of how good or bad it is.

I think that this reasoning is just not valid, and even if it were - it works both ways. Madonna has had a fair share of hits that were hits only because they were released by her at the peak of her fame.

1 hour ago, androiduser said:

I think that this reasoning is just not valid, and even if it were - it works both ways. Madonna has had a fair share of hits that were hits only because they were released by her at the peak of her fame.

And what does that have anything to do with my comment? There are plenty of big Madonna hits that were released back in the 80's and 90's that I thought were musically inferior to some other tracks on her albums. I dont even know what your talking about now, because I dont disagree with your point and your acting like I do.

18 hours ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

Crave is honestly an example of how lack of airplay for an artist affects (partly) success of a song. I played it for people that aren't really Madonna fans, and they were like "that's Madonna? She had a new song?"

2 hours ago, Robertthenurse said:

Crave is honestly an example of how lack of airplay for an artist affects (partly) success of a song. I played it for people that aren't really Madonna fans, and they were like "that's Madonna? She had a new song?"

Not really, its all about streaming and online promotion....Crave actually got radio play and was doing well on some AC chart but radio means nothing if you dont got the streams 

13 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Not really, its all about streaming and online promotion....Crave actually got radio play and was doing well on some AC chart but radio means nothing if you dont got the streams 

I miss the days when album sales and radio play actually mattered, if an artist has no streaming power like Madonna they are literally doomed in terms of getting a hit. Its fucking annoying?

27 minutes ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

I miss the days when album sales and radio play actually mattered, if an artist has no streaming power like Madonna they are literally doomed in terms of getting a hit. Its fucking annoying?

Lol its not her fault her fans are stuck in the past. It could easily change but will it? No because people are still waiting for a "dvd" of mx lol

People love nostalgia.  People are starting to recollect cassettes for God sakes. Ugly 90s clothing was a thing recently too. We always revert to the past. Radio is still huge. Yes streaming I agree has become the new "thing" now. But, nothing compares to having that annoying hit played on the radio over and over again. People still take Polaroids to this day. Anywho, gdnite

Crave actually did better than Medellin - perhaps it might have been better to release that first - who knows.

It's true reading comments, one artists hit may not have been another - look at Kylie Can't Get You Out of My Head - originally meant for Sophie Elis Bextor - and even had she done it, it might not have been the smash it was for Kylie.

4 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Crave actually did better than Medellin - perhaps it might have been better to release that first - who knows.

It's true reading comments, one artists hit may not have been another - look at Kylie Can't Get You Out of My Head - originally meant for Sophie Elis Bextor - and even had she done it, it might not have been the smash it was for Kylie.

Oh I agree about Medellin being a terrible choice as the first single. Swae Lee was very popular in that time and Madonna instead chooses to release something first that never had a chance of being a success.

1 hour ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

Oh I agree about Medellin being a terrible choice as the first single. Swae Lee was very popular in that time and Madonna instead chooses to release something first that never had a chance of being a success.

I was actually surprised to see that IDSIF did better in the UK then Medellin - (I love IDSIF mind you!)

Medellin was never gonna be hit, I think she knew that. It could’ve worked if the song was reconstructed to have a proper chorus it just isn’t radio/streaming playlist friendly. I love everything on MX, but there’s nothing on there that screams HIT SINGLE……maybe Faz Gostoso in some markets 

1 minute ago, luluthecat said:

Medellin was never gonna be hit, I think she knew that. It could’ve worked if the song was reconstructed to have a proper chorus it just isn’t radio/streaming playlist friendly. I love everything on MX, but there’s nothing on there that screams HIT SINGLE……maybe Faz Gostoso in some markets 

yeah she did say madame x is not one of them records - she meant not commercial - i love medellin though and i love the tour performance too - i am fuming that she did not do this for eurovision but instead did a political performance that the average joe would not even understand lol 

1 hour ago, luluthecat said:

I knew Medellin was not gonna be an incredibly good song when people on the set of the video had just this to say about the new song "at one point she sings one two chachacha" and nothing more. People didn't seem impressed or excited at all... 

11 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

I knew Medellin was not gonna be an incredibly good song when people on the set of the video had just this to say about the new song "at one point she sings one two chachacha" and nothing more. People didn't seem impressed or excited at all... 

people lost interest when maluma was involved like they have lost interest in whatever she did with swae lee in the studio 

• Enrico unfeatured this topic