Madonna Back In The Studio!

Shoful

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, DaddyZ said:

I’m usually always excited knowing she’s working on music again. Because even on her worst outputs I can find something that reminds me of the Madonna i fell in love with almost 4 decades ago, but for this…………..meh. ??‍♂️

Is this because who she is seen with in the studio ? 

1 minute ago, beautifulkiller said:

Is this because who she is seen with in the studio ? 

Personally I've been saying this for years but i would LOVE a collab with Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross. Their scores for those Fincher films are amazing and would love for her to incorporate a more industrial and ambient cinematic vibe to her ballads. I also would kill for an Anthony Gonzales(M83) collab. There were rumors of her collabing with Blood Orange because she followed him but who knows. I really dont mind a collab with Swae...Crave is such a great sweet song. A forgotten single for sure.

9 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Personally I've been saying this for years but i would LOVE a collab with Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross. Their scores for those Fincher films are amazing and would love for her to incorporate a more industrial and ambient cinematic vibe to her ballads. I also would kill for an Anthony Gonzales(M83) collab. There were rumors of her collabing with Blood Orange because she followed him but who knows. I really dont mind a collab with Swae...Crave is such a great sweet song. A forgotten single for sure.

I just want her to make a good pop song again - no vocal effects - something along the likes of beautiful killer ..just a normal solo pop song , a feel good song that is not political..i know she can still make them 

36 minutes ago, beautifulkiller said:

I just want her to make a good pop song again - no vocal effects - something along the likes of beautiful killer ..just a normal solo pop song , a feel good song that is not political..i know she can still make them 

I absolutely LOATHE beautiful killer ? and yeah Mirwais is VERY hit or miss and we already know his schtick so there is no surprises with him

43 minutes ago, beautifulkiller said:

These are songs by those artists i would love to hear a collab similar to

On 1/5/2022 at 5:51 PM, bedtimestory said:

Get ready for another Autotune baby grill rap song! Missed oportunity to give the world and 80s or disco song! If she olnly knew she could have another hit, by giving people what they want

Exactly !  She is not interested at the moment in giving people what they want unfortunately for everyone!

9 hours ago, MDNA22 said:

Exactly !  She is not interested at the moment in giving people what they want unfortunately for everyone!

Why does everyone seem so desperate for Madonna to do something disco? I am as tired of the collaborations as anyone but its pretty sad when a good portion of Madonna fans are clamoring for her to repeat herself, reminds me of the Like a Virgin wannabe days. We need something new and fresh that has influences of her 80's sound which is in right now, not another crappy dance album like MDNA or a sad attempt at cloning her classics.

3 hours ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

Why does everyone seem so desperate for Madonna to do something disco? I am as tired of the collaborations as anyone but its pretty sad when a good portion of Madonna fans are clamoring for her to repeat herself, reminds me of the Like a Virgin wannabe days. We need something new and fresh that has influences of her 80's sound which is in right now, not another crappy dance album like MDNA or a sad attempt at cloning her classics.

When people say disco what do they mean? Do they mean just 70s style or any type of dance and electronic music? To me disco is a very specific kind of dance music. Madonna started on the dance floor and loves to dance, so I think her music will always have electronic and dance elements, but not necessarily 70s disco. A deep house album would be really cool. Dance and electronic music is a wide category so there is still a lot for her to explore there without repeating herself or rehashing old glories.

22 hours ago, Alpha said:

I loved their work with Hasley. Her album was one of the best of last year. But I don’t see Trent and Atticus sound merging well with Madonna.  Blood Orange seems like a much better choice. 

13 minutes ago, Glindathegood said:

I loved their work with Hasley. Her album was one of the best of last year. But I don’t see Trent and Atticus sound merging well with Madonna.  Blood Orange seems like a much better choice. 

You've always said that lol i would suggest listening to their scores....if anything the original Inside Out proves that she can merge industrial and pop really well. Also, Hurt musically is just so...beautiful i dont see how Madonna couldn't do that

Disco is so varied. Most of Confessions was actually dance music , pop music and french house music tbh with maybe 1/3rd of the songs influenced by Disco but the gays see a mirrorball and were off. Just Like most of Music wasn't country. The optics for the singles don't stretch right across the work. 

1.Sorry American Disco

2.3.4. Hung Up / Future Lovers / Forbidden Love / How High were Euro disco.

Get Together is pure house no disco there. 

Let It Will Be - Dance track

I Love New York - Dance track 

Jump - Pop dance with slight post disco energy

Push - Not disco

Like It Or Not - Not Disco

Isaac - Not Disco

I'd probably like her to visit a sound or era a bit more authentically for a bit TBH rather than always having a new twist. Philly soul,  Funk, Band / Orchestra / Choir / Backing singer Disco. I'd love her to work with Mark Ronson cause I think he could really bring something out of her like some of her better collaborators. More post disco UK 80's synth pop, Dev Hynes, James Murphy LCD Sound system. James Ford as always. Even veering into some of the 80's sounds and genres she didn't venture into in the period itself. Id be cool with her twist on those genres. Power pop, 80's glossy shimmer soul, ska, Sophistipop, acid house.  That decade was probably the most diverse in terms of sound than any other. I think based in this amazing decade of sounds but way from the stuff she did herself released around the biopic would be a low key genius move and it would also be an absolute scream to get Max Martin finally involved with an album of these sounds. I think his take on the decade before he really started producing would be a great challenge for hi, I'd like to see Madonna through his lens. 

25 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Disco is so varied. Most of Confessions was actually dance music , pop music and french house music tbh with maybe 1/3rd of the songs influenced by Disco but the gays see a mirrorball and were off. Just Like most of Music wasn't country. The optics for the singles don't stretch right across the work. 

1.Sorry American Disco

2.3.4. Hung Up / Future Lovers / Forbidden Love / How High were Euro disco.

Get Together is pure house no disco there. 

Let It Will Be - Dance track

I Love New York - Dance track 

Jump - Pop dance with slight post disco energy

Push - Not disco

Like It Or Not - Not Disco

Isaac - Not Disco

I'd probably like her to visit a sound or era a bit more authentically for a bit TBH rather than always having a new twist. Philly soul,  Funk, Band / Orchestra / Choir / Backing singer Disco. I'd love her to work with Mark Ronson cause I think he could really bring something out of her like some of her better collaborators. More post disco UK 80's synth pop, Dev Hynes, James Murphy LCD Sound system. James Ford as always. Even veering into some of the 80's sounds and genres she didn't venture into in the period itself. Id be cool with her twist on those genres. Power pop, 80's glossy shimmer soul, ska, Sophistipop, acid house.  That decade was probably the most diverse in terms of sound than any other. I think based in this amazing decade of sounds but way from the stuff she did herself released around the biopic would be a low key genius move and it would also be an absolute scream to get Max Martin finally involved with an album of these sounds. I think his take on the decade before he really started producing would be a great challenge for hi, I'd like to see Madonna through his lens. 

I would say ILNY and LIWB were influenced by Hi-NRG along with most of the album. Push kinda gives me Blondie Tide is High vibes (not that they sound alike just that chill dance vibe) and Isaac does sound like that worldly violin disco sound. I think what kinda makes it sound not as disco are the lyrics. Of course just IMO.

58 minutes ago, Glindathegood said:

When people say disco what do they mean? Do they mean just 70s style or any type of dance and electronic music? To me disco is a very specific kind of dance music. Madonna started on the dance floor and loves to dance, so I think her music will always have electronic and dance elements, but not necessarily 70s disco. A deep house album would be really cool. Dance and electronic music is a wide category so there is still a lot for her to explore there without repeating herself or rehashing old glories.

Nowadays the word "disco" could mean anything. Disco is the beginning of all dance music so it's a bit confusing now. Techno, House, trance, Industrial, Rave, Electronica, Happy HardCore... whatever, it all stems from disco. I think if people are being literal with the word then I would categorize true disco as having uplifting chords, strings or brass in the track, usually four on the floor kick drums, syncopated hi hats, and alot of true disco has a horse gallop rhythm ...1 and uh 2 and uh 3 and uh. But if you think of I Feel Love by Donna Summer, I would categorize this as one of the first mainstream techno songs. It does have uplifting chords in one part, but the majority of the song is kinda dark with a hyper-programmed baseline in a minor key, I believe. 

7 hours ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

I don't think most people are desperate for Madonna to do something disco necessarily I don't think she needs to do a 70's disco album to give most people what they want  - I myself think most  just want something of quality anywhere in the electronic dance spectrum but not rap/hip hop/trap/urban area.  Ray of Light, Music, American Life and Confessions are all very different but work so great. Would love it if she done a great house type album (not the generic EDM classless style she went for with MDNA) or even a downtempo but electronic based album like London Grammar do and Massive Attack.   Just so tired of the Mike Dean/Kayne/Diplo trap/hip hop autotune direction she seems to be continuing with maybe to please the people around her like her dancers, kids and boyfriend than her fans and being surrounded by Yes people she possibly is thinking this is what the fans want most too when don't think that is true

• Enrico unfeatured this topic