Evita on vinyl?

TC2022

22 minutes ago, baymad4her said:

I agree with our looking great and it's good that vinyl is around, but how can it sound better if CD is in digital quality?

Digital isn’t always superior

No audio data is lost when pressing a record. It sounds just as great as the producer or band intended. Music sounds warmer when played from an LP.

At the end of the day it’s all about the listening experience. 

3 hours ago, baymad4her said:

I agree with our looking great and it's good that vinyl is around, but how can it sound better if CD is in digital quality?

Many vinyls sound better than the digital CD. Not all of them, but many. The problem is simple: a CD always sounds like the first day. A vinyl has many problems: lose quality if you play it to much, bad quality if the recording is too long, the dust, inner groove distortion, etc, etc, etc. You need Hi-Res digital files to have the same vinyl quality (if the vinyl is in mint condition).

I expect this one to be released on vinyl for several reasons. Within the M world, this has never been released on vinyl.

More importantly though, I think the organic music, real strings, instrumentation and so on is perfect for Vinyl and will actually be a hot seller for her.  Thats my bet on this one.

On 12/25/2021 at 10:22 AM, deathproof said:

Digital isn’t always superior

No audio data is lost when pressing a record. It sounds just as great as the producer or band intended. Music sounds warmer when played from an LP.

At the end of the day it’s all about the listening experience. 

This one is tricky because stampers used to press records degrade so as each record is created from a stamper the next record has actually degraded and so on.  Thats one reason why these limited to 1000 or less copies always fetch more because the idea is whether you end up with copy 1 or 1000 your stamper was used in a very small batch.

Overall though, its all about what an inidividual and their individul ears prefer.

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, Dj Garrido said:

I don´t know if Madonna has decision power on the EVITA soundtrack. As we know, it´s a soundtrack, not a M´s album. It belongs to movie studios, the musical composers... There´s a lot more envolved. 

I don't know, it is a Warner album, and it's only really gonna be bought by Madonna fans so I think there's a chance

• 1 year later...
On 2/4/2022 at 4:10 PM, Dj Garrido said:

I don´t know if Madonna has decision power on the EVITA soundtrack. As we know, it´s a soundtrack, not a M´s album. It belongs to movie studios, the musical composers... There´s a lot more envolved. 

I am pretty sure it was released by Warner if not also Maverick. Given it’s technically a Madonna album I hope it is released on Vinyl. I love the cover of the two-disc edition of the album so hopefully that will make it to the vinyl.

Alternatively they can have the single disc and double disc like they did for the CD. One can only dream:)

Yep @TorontoDude

1301679840_Screenshot_20240117_150648_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.d580d5fbf86d957088bf28d77b962cb7.jpg Would gladly take a photo from my CD booklet but Infinity doesn't allow me to post pic from my camera.

Oops! The cassette was distributed by Hollywood Records (Disney's music label - Touchstone Pictures - once the Disney label to non-Disney movies distributed the film.)

1803325549_Screenshot_20240117_150913_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.286e349a0e3d12720118a4d9fe2a1a0f.jpg  So it seems 1CD --> Warner, 2CD --> Hollywood Records right?

EDIT: WHY I SAW "HOLLYWOOD RECORDS" INSTEAD OF "HOLLYWOOD PICTURES"? Must be the high heat we're facing here in Rio.

13 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

Oops! The cassette was distributed by Hollywood Records (Disney's music label - Touchstone Pictures - once the Disney label to non-Disney movies distributed the film.)

So it see1CD --> Warner, 2CD --> Hollywood Records right?

EDIT: WHY I SAW "HOLLYWOOD RECORDS" INSTEAD OF "HOLLYWOOD PICTURES"? Must be the high heat we're facing here in Rio.

the company was defunct 17 years ago, so somebody probably has their rights now, at least for the major releases?