Your Expectations Vs Reality for 2022

Dj Garrido

2022 is cuming soon! What are your  wishes for the next year and what you think can really happen in Madonna´s carrer?

Warner partership, re-releases, biopic, tour, singles, complations... Share with us your thoughts and dreams. 

Edited by RUADJAI
Titled 2002 on accident. (see edit history)

My wishes:

- 4 models of Funko Pop (Virgin VMA, Express Blond Ambition, Frozen video, Hung Up video)

- Celebrating 40 years anniversary , re-relase of Evreybody single em 12” vinil, including 2 brand new remixes.

- Celebrating 30 years anniversary, re-relase of Erotica album in a 4 12” colored vinil box set, including old and new remixes + unreleased songs + a large and thick booklet.

- Virgin Tour, WTG Tour, Blond and Girlie Show remastered on YouTube and on a TV streaming platform (HBO? Paramount?)

Grillz, Extremely showing photographies with zero taste a lots of filters and retouching, artists are here to disturb the peace quotes here and there, no new music, bad instagram publications, and maybe preproduction for that bio thing, and maybe a remix  of an old song with some new but not very good but very robotic new 2021 vocals.

My dream would be a new album done with glamour, good taste, message, interesting and groundbreaking collaboration, and good vocals and catchy music and a carefully done tour with Madonna performing in the best shape is able nowadays, taking care of things and more natural and accepting of real life photos, nteresting interviews and brave remarks as she used to do before. And moments of homage to her own amazing legacy through reeditions, and all of that.

As a fan since the 80s, I definitely don't expect anything decent coming from her. 
I miss the time when they filmed the whole show to be released on (back then) VHS, LD, DVD and not all this mess with cuts from hundreds of different places and, as a result, instead of having a full live concert you have a 2-hour lazy video clip. 

Unfortunately, I have learned by experience to set my expectations low that way I wont be set up for tons of disappointment. So that means I am expecting more filters, the occasional argument with an irrelevant troll, reissues of classic albums that are basically bare bones like True Blue, a biopic which will be a commercial and critical failure like all her film projects and certainly not a new album or tour. I would love to be proven wrong, but I dont see that happening. I think most people are kidding themselves if they say they have huge hopes for 2022. Until she reinvents and moves on from Madame X, nothing will change for the better.

The title says 2002, you had me so confused for a moment :lol: 

I have one expectation, that she begins filming her visual autobiography. I'm actually excited to see how she will interpret her life story. I wish she wasn't directing... but she seems very passionate about this project so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. Any music or concert footage released would be a cherry on top. 

Edited by Luci nln (see edit history)

I thought 2002 was a fabulous year.

We got Die Another Day. I know so many people like to hate on it, but I think it’s one of the top 5 greatest Bond themes, as well as being an AMAZING Madonna song! Top 20 for sure!

And how can we forget the video? After coming off the gritty exploitive What It Feels Like for a Girl video and the edgy sophisticated Drowned World Tour, Madonna continues her reign as a female badass, fighting her ego and inner saboteur. one of my all time favs!

2002 also brought us Up For Grabs, which I thought Madonna was fabulous in. And that Magnificat Craig McDean photo shoot! And the Mert & Marcus shoot, but I prefer the McDean shoot!

2002 was a glamorous year!

38 minutes ago, deathproof said:

I thought 2002 was a fabulous year.

We got Die Another Day. I know so many people like to hate on it, but I think it’s one of the top 5 greatest Bond themes, as well as being an AMAZING Madonna song! Top 20 for sure!

And how can we forget the video? After coming off the gritty exploitive What It Feels Like for a Girl video and the edgy sophisticated Drowned World Tour, Madonna continues her reign as a female badass, fighting her ego and inner saboteur. one of my all time favs!

2002 also brought us Up For Grabs, which I thought Madonna was fabulous in. And that Magnificat Craig McDean photo shoot! And the Mert & Marcus shoot, but I prefer the McDean shoot!

2002 was a glamorous year!

yeah. I made a typing error in the number of the year. Sorry I can´t edit it. 

M, Amanda Lepore, and Jocelyn Wildenstein will star in the Lifetime biopic of The Del Rubio Triplets directed by Ricardo Gomez with a silent broadcast in Times Square.

A limited run of books chronicling the making of the film will be released as a gift to the fans for $399 plus shipping.

She will still not follow Ingrid on IG.

Peace will be disturbed by artists.

Finally, there will be enough love. But no budget for the shoot....

JK. I hope she casts Amanda Seyfried in the movie and has a great comeback. Happy New Year!

I would love reissues for Erotica, Like a Prayer and ROL. With lots of remixes and unreleased tracks. Imagine Revenge and Like a Flower on Spotify. Booklets with rare pics, artwork being done tastefully.

If they don't release demos in the reissues, they could do a whole album like Mariah and Barbra Streisand did it lately.

All her videos remastered on youtube.

What else? ?

An exciting new album before the biopic.

I don't think we are getting all of this, but I believe we are having something nice.

• 4 weeks later...

What do I expect from Madonna in 2022? Not much, to be honest. She hasn't done anything new or refreshing in a while and I heard somewhere (maybe on this site) that she's working with Swae Lee once more for her upcoming album. I have no idea if this is true, but I hope not. Madame X wasn't that great of an era to where I want it repeated or rehashed.

I want her to do something completely different than what she's been doing lately. Now that would be refreshing! She's been trying to join the in crowd of 20- and 30-somethings (both in music and style) and it's just not working for her. 

With WB back in the picture, we could be in for some great quality releases. Their team (I hope) will help balance out Madonna's approach - with marketing research and the fan's perspective kept in mind.

• 50 #1's Remix Collection - I'm comfortable with the initial release being digital/streaming-only. I would like to see this release to include 2 singles, which will allow for additional remixes (both old and new) and some unreleased material that wasn't #1 - but deserves some platform for release. I don't expect M/WB to shoot their wad, they must save some material for the upcoming anthologies. 
  • The First Album - I want a remastered version of the original album. Disc of demos. Disc of official original remixes/edits. Disc of unreleased remixes and some fresh remixes. I also want a digital single or two, which will allow for a few extra remixes/edits/live cuts to be released. And a Blu-ray Disc of official music videos and some classic live/tv performances from this era.
  • Erotica - 30th Anniversary - I want a remastered album (if necessary although might not be necessary). A disc of unreleased demos. A few discs of collected official remixes. A Blu-Ray of The Girlie Show + live audio CD. A Blu-Ray of official music videos (remix videos too) and class live/tv performances or interviews from this era. A digital single or two - allowing for additional material including live performance audio or new remixes to update some classics. 
  • Record Store Day - Madonna needs to have presence at RSD again. It's a simple way to get some lesser in demand releases in the fan's hands. She could even do a part 1-4 for the 50 #1's remix and simply release part 1 at some point this year (if RSD is broken up again into multiple event days, including Black Friday RSD). 
  • Santa Baby - I'd like to see a Black Friday RSD picture disc release of this classic with a remastered audio. Growing up, I always associated Madonna with Christmas because of this classic track - but it seems to have been wiped out of memory and now there are a billion covers of this song. She needs to reclaim her Santa Baby throne a bit .. and this could be a fun digital/streaming single in time for Xmas to really put M's face back in front of people in a light hearted fun way.
  • Funko Pops (I saw this suggested by someone else) - LOVE this idea. She has so many iconic looks, and I do enjoy Funko Pops - they should release one that coincides with the First Album anthology. A classic Lucky Star or Borderline video look. 

Expectations:

Vinyl/CD sets with demos, mixes etc. (Remastered properly)
A proper remastered DVD/BR video collection along with those videos shot on film remastered for YT/online channels.
Interviews similar to MX Sirius channel where spoke about songs and their inception.
Promo build up for her biopic, specials, contests, some engagement on her social channels.
Madame X Tour Bluray release.

Reality:

Madame X Tour leaves Paramount +
Reissues with remixes or one bonus.
Upscaled videos with sharpened noses.

:01:

• RUADJAI changed the title to Your Expectations Vs Reality for 2022