Madonna accuses Tory Lanez of copying 'Into The Groove' in his latest track 'Pluto's Last Comet'

Brendanlovesu1

51 minutes ago, Karma said:

Not to bring more negativity into this thread but I still can't process this comment by one of his fans

0gaR8hr.png

Is this generation really THAT ignorant about Madonna's career / achievements? My God. I guess the upside is that he implied that Madonna looks 13 years younger, lol.

Anyways, the instrumental is a blatant ripoff of "Into The Groove". They deserve proper credit.

You really take in consideration the comment of a teenager fan of drake and that unknown idiot? Bruh, I literally stopped reading after he mentioned them LMAO

46 minutes ago, Andreo said:

You really take in consideration the comment of a teenager fan of drake and that unknown idiot? Bruh, I literally stopped reading after he mentioned them LMAO

It is literally scary to think that there are some people so fucking ignorant and clueless out there. If someone does not know shit about a topic, they should just not make stupid comments that make them look like dodo birds.

Grown adults getting into a tizzy about what some teenager talks to their friends about on social media is not a cute look either though, a little perspective folks...it's not scary, nor worthy of hysterics, it's fairly normal (alas). They'll learn in time...if they're lucky.

27 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

If radio stations and TV stations don't play any Madonna's music (or videos), it is really normal for young people to ignore Madonna's career. Are you really surprised? It's normal.

a lot of haters etc do not know about madonnas career they deny her achievements even if factual - it doesnt help that she does not tend to brag about these things 

4 hours ago, Bjonkers said:

Grown adults getting into a tizzy about what some teenager talks to their friends about on social media is not a cute look either though, a little perspective folks...it's not scary, nor worthy of hysterics, it's fairly normal (alas). They'll learn in time...if they're lucky.

Most of the dumb fucks and trolls I see on social media are not teenagers, the really hilarious thing is that it is toxic boomers from facebook and daily mail that I see making disgusting remarks about her age and stuff like that.

5 hours ago, Andreo said:

3 hours ago, Bjonkers said:

2 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

If radio stations and TV stations don't play any Madonna's music (or videos), it is really normal for young people to ignore Madonna's career. Are you really surprised? It's normal.

That Youtube commenter is NOT a teenager, lol. Anyways, I didn't mean to sound triggered. My original post was a rethorical question.

I think many people are blissfully unaware of Madonna's legacy simply because they are not exposed to it. I don't buy that this is just a generational thing. I was born during the Ray Of Light era and didn't get to experience most of her career until the 2012 Super Bowl halftime show sparked my interest.

That being said, I was very well aware of her legendary status way before getting into her music, just like I knew about Michael Jackson, Elvis or The Beatles. She's the Queen Of Pop, for God's sake, not some obscure underground artist. So it does feel odd reading these comments of people not knowing who she is or what she has done. Maybe it's her fault, her team's fault or simply an American thing but her legacy deserves better. I do hope that the biopic will reintroduce Madonna to a new generation, as it did wonders for Queen and Elton John.

1 minute ago, Karma said:

That Youtube commenter is NOT a teenager, lol. Anyways, I didn't mean to sound triggered. My original post was a rethorical question.

I think many people are blissfully unaware of Madonna's legacy simply because they are not exposed to it. I don't buy that this is just a generational thing. I was born during the Ray Of Light era and didn't get to experience most of her career until the 2012 Super Bowl halftime show sparked my interest.

That being said, I was very well aware of her legendary status way before getting into her music, just like I knew about Michael Jackson, Elvis or The Beatles. She's the Queen Of Pop, for God's sake, not some obscure underground artist. So it does feel odd reading these comments of people not knowing who she is or what she has done. Maybe it's her fault, her team's fault or simply an American thing but her legacy deserves better. I do hope that the biopic will reintroduce Madonna to a new generation, as it did wonders for Queen and Elton John.

I agree with a lot of what you said but lets not forget that Madonna is personally directing every aspect of the biopic, which is a recipe for disaster like her film projects usually are, people are bound to slam it hard since she is creatively involved.

19 minutes ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

I agree with a lot of what you said but lets not forget that Madonna is personally directing every aspect of the biopic, which is a recipe for disaster like her film projects usually are, people are bound to slam it hard since she is creatively involved.

Not to go off topic but when it comes to these major film studios, I think popular acclaim ($$$) is more important than critical acclaim. I would love for her to win an Oscar but I'm keeping my expectations realistic. The Freddie Mercury biopic received mixed reviews (60/100) but the audience loved it and the film grossed one billion dollars, so I imagine that filling those theatre seats will be the top priority for Universal. 

As for Madonna's directorial skills, I initially had my reservations but this is her autobiography after all, she knows the subject of the film better than any man ever could, so I think the outcome will be very interesting, to say the least. She has an incredible catalog of hits and that's something even her detractors can agree with, all she needs to do is to pick an experienced actress and let the music speak for itself.

4 hours ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

yeah this is true even if it was brilliant it will be slammed if he is directing it ,  i enjoyed W.E as did some critics but there is a lot of people out there ready to bash her when it comes to film and bash her hard ....i dont worry about her directing it - i think she can do it well - i worry about the casting lol

How the hell does Tory even still have a career after what he did to Megan? Seriously what is it with rap/hip hop culture today where men can somehow abuse women but not get cancelled for it? 

Madonna is 100% correct in being angry about the new song since it clearly rips off ITG. Like it's not even up for debate. Sue him, Queen.

In a statement shared with Rolling Stone via a representative, Madonna says, “I am tired of being taken advantage of and I mean business"

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/madonna-tory-lanez-into-the-groove-plutos-last-comet-1277050/?__FB_PRIVATE_TRACKING__={"loggedout_browser_id"%3A"8a67569141cd37a5a490a63715a801a81d2b7221"}

1 hour ago, Nahual said:

How the hell does Tory even still have a career after what he did to Megan? Seriously what is it with rap/hip hop culture today where men can somehow abuse women but not get cancelled for it? 

Whats wrong with men in general? There's a rapist in the Backstreet Boys, yet they are still touring and making music.

17 hours ago, Karma said:

I was not judging you oc, and trust me I really get your point! I always say not to care about these people cause dumbass ignorant idiots are always behind the corner XD 

31 minutes ago, Swim said:

I will look back many years from now and realise what a state the music industry has become, after reading some of the comments on social media regarding tory lanez swiping Into The Groove. His fans know his song would be literally nothing without into the groove over the top his lyrics.

it seems he rips off other songs too but into the groove is the worst , i cant believe they can get away with this 

On 12/30/2021 at 2:49 PM, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Do you reckon if Madonna was on social media in 2012 she would have been more forward to lady gaga with the BTW x Express Yourself comparison as she's been here

I think she would've responded the same way she did without social media. An argument could be made about the part of the song the media focused on but clearly Gaga didn't do anything illegal since M never did anything aside from the reductive comment and mashing it up on the MDNA Tour, whereas Tory stole the whole song.