Madonnas current state of mind

beautifulkiller

1 minute ago, dontmindus said:

MXT film is amazing! Living in south america, I was only able to see in Paramount plus, it worth waiting. She really seems to be enjoying herself.

yes i agree the tour is a work of art and it really compliments the album :) my show got cancelled so im a bit gutted about that but oh well she genuinely was poorly 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, beautifulkiller said:

yes i agree the tour is a work of art and it really compliments the album :) my show got cancelled so im a bit gutted about that but oh well she genuinely was poorly 

I understand you being pissed =(

She better start to treat her audience with respect, all her lateness and cancelations will affect her tickets seeling in the future, thats for sure

13 minutes ago, dontmindus said:

Yeah, and she looked so much more real and beautiful. She's still beautiful and doesnt need all that filters.

20211228_234856.jpg

part of me can get the thinning of the face she has going on in her instagram , she is not happy with her weight gain - who is happy when they gain weight if you dont intend to 

She is absolutely being silly and provocative on social media for attention.

I will always love this woman but her star has fallen in the eyes of the GP, let's face it.

To explain, she will always have her pop stature but she is no longer 'cool'.

Her legacy is cool, while her current persona and output is not.

4 minutes ago, vasili said:

She is absolutely being provocative on social media for attention.

I will always love this woman but her star has fallen, let's please face it.

star has fallen in regards to what ? lol ..what makes her not a star anymore ? 

5 minutes ago, vasili said:

you have to be cool to be a star ?? im confused - when was she ever "cool "  - you mean she is not taylor swift ??

6 minutes ago, vasili said:

Who is cool?  Olivia Rodrigo, Taylor Swift, and Dua Lipa?  :Madonna048:   Ill take the fallen star. 

25 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

She has a sense of humor, and doesn't take any of this shit nearly as seriously as some of her "fans".....  :Madonna003:

Yeah social media is all fun and games until you start calling it art and it starts ruining your reputation. You seem like one of the smarter Madonna fans on this forum and should realize that she has been self destructing recently, she needs a reinvention. Madame X is not thought provoking or controversial, it is viewed as a joke by the general public.

1 hour ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

Yeah social media is all fun and games until you start calling it art and it starts ruining your reputation. You seem like one of the smarter Madonna fans on this forum and should realize that she has been self destructing recently, she needs a reinvention. Madame X is not thought provoking or controversial, it is viewed as a joke by the general public.

Sorry, but I don't agree. At all.

Her social media feed is classic Madonna. Ironic, irreverent, stunning at times, shocking at times, and messy at times. The ride I've been on and witnessed for nearly my entire life observing this woman. The only difference now is that of technology, accessibility...and age.

I think Madame X is a fantastic return-to-form. An unbelievably refreshing, brave, diverse, thought-provoking, and experimental work that very few, if any, "pop stars" are doing nearly 4 decades into a pop career. I doubt you will ever see any of these other acts attempt such, if they even last that long. Mark my words.

Also, no one single person can speak for the singular perception of the general public.

Considering how social media has affected how we perceive things, I think we engage in far more projection than we realize. That's why I don't make claims like "she's self-destructing" or "she's a joke", etc., as I believe those sorts of things say far more about us, and how we individually perceive her, than what is probably actually happening behind closed doors, in reality.

Those are my feelings. Take care.

7 hours ago, beautifulkiller said:

I'm trying to figure out what madonnas current state of mind is in regards to her social media - is it art - is it to provoke - does she really think this is what her fans want in regards to her photoshoots - what is the purpose of it all ? is she just having fun because i could not stop laughing at her picture of her under the bed with her bum out ( i hope it was meant to be funny )
I do not think its vanity because just a year or so back she was posting the most unflattering selfies and videos ever and i don't think she is trying to fool people into thinking she actually looks 20 years old  - i see her instagram following has gone up in numbers too 

I think it’s a total biz move. Her work, to provoke (good or bad) etc. she has taken the platform of Instagram and uses it to the Max. 

I for one love her insta ( purely from a fan standpoint). I mean we (fans) get photoshoots on a weekly basic. How cool is that. While in the old days we had to wait months for a new photoshoot in Interview, Vogue or Vanity Fair. I think it’s great M gives us all these random, wild shoots. ??

50 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

Sorry, but I don't agree. At all.

Her social media feed is classic Madonna. Ironic, irreverent, stunning at times, shocking at times, and messy at times. The ride I've been on and witnessed for nearly my entire life observing this woman. The only difference now is that of technology, accessibility...and age.

I think Madame X is a fantastic return-to-form. An unbelievably refreshing, brave, diverse, thought-provoking, and experimental work that very few, if any, "pop stars" are doing nearly 4 decades into a pop career. I doubt you will ever see any of these other acts attempt such, if they even last that long. Mark my words.

Also, no one single person can speak for the singular perception of the general public.

Considering how social media has affected how we perceive things, I think we engage in far more projection than we realize. That's why I don't make claims like "she's self-destructing" or "she's a joke", etc., as I believe those sorts of things say far more about us, and how we individually perceive her, than what is probably actually happening behind closed doors, in reality.

Those are my feelings. Take care.

I dont view Madonna as a joke, I just think that is how many others see her and I have come to that conclusion through many conversations with people who are not Madonna fans because I am curious how she is perceived and it is generally very unfavorable, much more so than in the past. I like Madame X generally from a musical perspective, though I would not agree with it being especially thought provoking just because it is experimental. My reason for claiming she needs a reinvention has nothing to do with her age, I am just kinda sick and tired of the era at this point. Anyway, take care and thanks for responding to my comment.