Madonnas current state of mind

beautifulkiller

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people really miss when she was all about Kaballah and preaching like during the Ray Of Light era ? Or going on and on about motherhood during Evita or/and American Life (and Confessions too) like she was the first mother ever on this planet ?

I know i don't.

Am I the only one here who thinks that Madonna should go back to dark hair again? she looks so gorgeous with it and it makes her appear more sophisticated and exotic than the bleached blonde. I was floored how pretty she looked when I saw her in the blue outfit with dark hair on her Madame X Tour

madonna-ig-january-2019-e1548109797466.png

Are we psychoanalyzing an Instagram account now? Lol.

She's just playing the social media game. Instagram is full of influencers flaunting their wealthy lifestyle and promoting unrealistic beauty standards, but that's exactly why it's so popular. Most people don't want "real", they want an inside scoop into the glamorous lives of the rich and famous. It's all an illusion. And of course she wants attention, she's a pop(ular) star. I mean, she has said so herself recently during the 50 Cent debacle.

"That is what social media is all about. You do understand that, right? We post things about ourselves, and we use Instagram and other forms of social media because we want attention. We want people to buy our products, we want people to invest in our brands, we want people to listen to our music, we want people to go to our concerts and notice us and like us. There's nothing wrong with any of those things, but don't kid yourself if you think you have an Instagram account, and you're not benefitting from it. Shut it down, stop lying to yourself".

Anyone implying that she must have some type of problem because she posts filtered photos is misguided. Nobody posts unflattering photos of themselves on the Internet, no matter how confident they might be, and she's not forced to tone down her sexuality just because she's 63. Her Instagram stats have been improving since she hired a professional photographer to curate her page, and personally, I find it more visually appealing than the bad-lighting selfies she used to post during the Rebel Heart era. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. You can't please everyone.

8 hours ago, beautifulkiller said:

im sorry i do not know what you mean , star has fallen you mean in terms of relevancy or artistic work ?

I think I understand what the poster is saying. Before Hard Candy, or at least before she joined all the social media platforms when you brought up Madonna in conversations people used to have quite positive things to say about her, except if they really didn't like her music, hey tastes are different. But these days when you mention her it seems like reactions are more negative. They either say her music hasn't been good in years (either they really don't like it or they haven't even listened to let's say Rebel Heart and Madame X simply because her new stuff isn't being played on the radio etc.), or that she looks like she has been under the knife/uses too many fillers, or that her PR stunts are embarrassing and not provocative or (I know this from personal experience) they mention her Eurovision performance and say how awful it was because that's pretty much the last time they noticed her. Many people have positive memories of her older stuff but are just irritated by how she is now.

Edited by Bionic (see edit history)

1 minute ago, sidney78a said:

I kinda agree with Drownedboy

-----

concerning her Instagram's profile I dont see nothing wrong tho. :)

That would require a bunch of vocal training which she does not want to do right now its one reason she uses so much autotune now. The last time her voice was truly great was Ray of Light. I saw her on the Confessions Tour and even then her vocals had declined significantly from the late 90's. Now it is much worse, Eurovision and the Harlem performance prove that.

We should ask Siegmund Freud and his pal Carl Gustav Jung. There are so many factors to consider, from her istagram page (hence my eye roll) to her most recent interviews, and still the answer would be partial. Anyway, speaking for myself, there's something tragicomic about her. Take her instagram: every photo is unnatural, cringe and horrible (she's oddly similar to the women painted by Ernst Ludwig Kirchner, by the way) and it's foolish to take this fcking app seriously (I mean, it's Instagram, folks). I wouldn't be surprised if she used it to mock our society, its obsession with physical appearance and the abnormous amount of manipulated news, imagines and sounds that invades our world: as she often repeats, no one of this is real. This is the comic part. The tragic one is that she stopped smiling long long time ago and franckly I don't remember the last time I saw her doing it (well, maybe when she suddendly appeared with Sean Penn for a charity event and we all know why she was beside herself with joy). Every time I see one of her post, I cannot help noticing a shadow in her eyes and her bored, annoyed, depressed expression: it seems that no one of her useless toy boys, supposed friends and collaborators cares about her, everyone just uses her, her fame, her power and friendships for personal purposes, in exchange for two crumbs of love and the illusion of being appreciated for who she is and not for what she represents in the industry. It's tragic and heartbreaking. I don't wanna lie: in these recent years she reminds me a lot of Marlene Dietrich, who, in her 50s, tried to satisfy her desperate need of being loved searching for the adoration of her fans. I can't blame her: it's an obvious  attitude, considering that only her sons and daughters and a bunch of old friends truly love her unconditionally.

11 hours ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

Yeah social media is all fun and games until you start calling it art and it starts ruining your reputation. You seem like one of the smarter Madonna fans on this forum and should realize that she has been self destructing recently, she needs a reinvention. Madame X is not thought provoking or controversial, it is viewed as a joke by the general public.

wow i didnt think this topic would turn into a free for all madonna bashing thread ..:( wish i never created it 

13 minutes ago, Loki said:

We should ask Siegmund Freud and his pal Carl Gustav Jung. There are so many factors to consider, from her istagram page (hence my eye roll) to her most recent interviews, and still the answer would be partial. Anyway, speaking for myself, there's something tragicomic about her. Take her instagram: every photo is unnatural, cringe and horrible (she's oddly similar to the women painted by Ernst Ludwig Kirchner, by the way) and it's foolish to take this fcking app seriously (I mean, it's Instagram, folks). I wouldn't be surprised if she used it to mock our society, its obsession with physical appearance and the abnormous amount of manipulated news, imagines and sounds that invades our world: as she often repeats, no one of this is real. This is the comic part. The tragic one is that she stopped smiling long long time ago and franckly I don't remember the last time I saw her doing it (well, maybe when she suddendly appeared with Sean Penn for a charity event and we all know why she was beside herself with joy). Every time I see one of her post, I cannot help noticing a shadow in her eyes and her bored, annoyed, depressed expression: it seems that no one of her useless toy boys, supposed friends and collaborators cares about her, everyone just uses her, her fame, her power and friendships for personal purposes, in exchange for two crumbs of love and the illusion of being appreciated for who she is and not for what she represents in the industry. It's tragic and heartbreaking. I don't wanna lie: in these recent years she reminds me a lot of Marlene Dietrich, who, in her 50s, tried to satisfy her desperate need of being loved searching for the adoration of her fans. I can't blame her: it's an obvious  attitude, considering that only her sons and daughters and a bunch of old friends truly love her unconditionally.

she looked very happy on the madame x tour show despite being in pain ..she does not smile anymore because smiling costs wrinkles lol 

8 minutes ago, beautifulkiller said:

she looked very happy on the madame x tour show despite being in pain ..she does not smile anymore because smiling costs wrinkles lol 

As her daughter Maria Riva explains in her biography, Marlene Dietrich, basically after the end of her cinematographic career, started performing a one-woman show in theaters and clubs (does it remind of someone we know?): according to Mrs Riva, Marlene had never been happier. This is the same for Madonna: her happiness on a stage clashes with the loneliness and the sense of depression that exude from her social media. Maybe Marlene is her polar star right now: they're very similar after all.

For me MDNA, Rebel Heart and Madame X are very dark eras, despite we had some bits of fun on them. Dark albums, for dark times. 

Madame X seems a prediction of all what came after the release. We live in a hopeless time, and she's just moving forward like everyone do. It will be better if she reduces a little what she posts, to be honest I'm already tired of Insta and the feeling that u need to know what all your contacts are doing ALWAYS 24 / 7. 

I've deleted my app, for a time, and I don't miss it, and I don't miss to see every day of Madonna's posts (as I don't miss posting anything or watching what my friends, other business do).

BUT, I can't live one day without her music or her videos. For me that's the only important thing, and the only thing that will remain after all. Facebook is not popular anymore and one day it will dissapear, as Instagram will do. But art can't be deleted. 

I don’t find Rebel Heart dark personally. I know there’s an apocalyptic theme throughout but it seems to be more of a rush of all the joy, pain, triumphs, heartache and love that runs through your mind the second before you die. That’s always felt like the ultimate brief for that album as it’s so sporadic and almost like a greatest hits of her life and thoughts in many ways. 

Sort of finishing with The Queen Is Dead. 

4 minutes ago, steady75 said:

I don’t find Rebel Heart dark personally. I know there’s an apocalyptic theme throughout but it seems to be more of a rush of all the joy, pain, triumphs, heartache and love that runs through your mind the second before you die. That’s always felt like the ultimate brief for that album as it’s so sporadic and almost like a greatest hits of her life and thoughts in many ways. 

More "bittersweet" than "dark" in my opinion. The era was filled with drama right from the start with the leaks, then the Brit Awards fall, the lack of success of the singles despite her biggest promo effort in years, the Rocco drama in the middle of the tour...

I feel that now Madonna is having fun after a long time and for the first time she genuinely doesn't care what anyone thinks. In spite of claiming otherwise, I think she's always cared about opinions. Not in the sense that she wanted to be liked, but she always wanted to be the most talked about person for whatever reason. I think she's finally relaxed. That said, I am not too crazy about her creative output recently.

12 hours ago, Bionic said:

I think I understand what the poster is saying. Before Hard Candy, or at least before she joined all the social media platforms when you brought up Madonna in conversations people used to have quite positive things to say about her, except if they really didn't like her music, hey tastes are different. But these days when you mention her it seems like reactions are more negative. They either say her music hasn't been good in years (either they really don't like it or they haven't even listened to let's say Rebel Heart and Madame X simply because her new stuff isn't being played on the radio etc.), or that she looks like she has been under the knife/uses too many fillers, or that her PR stunts are embarrassing and not provocative or (I know this from personal experience) they mention her Eurovision performance and say how awful it was because that's pretty much the last time they noticed her. Many people have positive memories of her older stuff but are just irritated by how she is now.

this is so not true about people generally having nice things to say about her lol this has never been the case - i dont think the general public have ever been kind about madonna - i think one maybe reading her comments on social media lol  these people are not fans they prob never ever supported her they may have liked holiday or borderline - most of the comments are from fans of other artists or trump fanatics or just women who are mad at her looking young in her pics of being sexual ..these people are not fans - she has never even been in public favour - i generally feel if she did not have the queen of pop title she would get less shit from other fan bases - she is a massive target for them and from experience its always the case on social media or they are trump fans 

9 hours ago, Loki said:

searching for the adoration of her fans. 

lol this is a load of rubbish 

if she was searching for the adoration of her fans she would release dance songs all of the time like kylie - i think madame x was kind of proof she does not do this ..

she most certainly does not search for the adoration of her fans , i genuinely feel she loves being on stage and performing and im pretty sure her dad and sister loves her ..

13 hours ago, beautifulkiller said:

this is so not true about people generally having nice things to say about her lol this has never been the case - i dont think the general public have ever been kind about madonna - i think one maybe reading her comments on social media lol  these people are not fans they prob never ever supported her they may have liked holiday or borderline - most of the comments are from fans of other artists or trump fanatics or just women who are mad at her looking young in her pics of being sexual ..these people are not fans - she has never even been in public favour - i generally feel if she did not have the queen of pop title she would get less shit from other fan bases - she is a massive target for them and from experience its always the case on social media or they are trump fans 

You missed the point again lol, what you are describing are haters. I was specifically talking about people who like some of her songs, albums, respect her hard work and people who even if they don't listen to her music still recognise her undeniable influence on popculture. And I was also talking from personal experience, these days when I bring her up people often immediately mention Eurovision, her plastic surgery, her showing up hours late for her own shows and her "desperately" craving for attention (on social media). It wasn't always this way, I know this myself from when I was younger and had conversations about her.

Edited by Bionic (see edit history)

On 12/29/2021 at 1:16 AM, Ziggy Stardust said:

You started this topic asking for opinions and I gave you mine, dont get mad at me because I am dealing in reality. Ofcourse you like her behavior on social media, you would think Madonna had just created the next Mona Lisa if she took a shit right infront of you. 

Bitch, I love you!

On 12/29/2021 at 1:20 AM, madonafrk said:

She is Madonna! She can do whatever she wants to do! It doesnt matter the reasons behind her actions~! In my world, she will always be relevant! There will never be anyone like her again! We are lucky enough to have been born and grow up in this day and age and have Madonna's style, influence and message to the world! 

Although I do miss the old days and how she use to be, especially her "Ray of Light" era! I hope she continues to make music and piss people off until the day she dies! She has conquered the world and much more! Let her go down/out with a BANG!!!!!! lol 

I used to think like that. 

Bitch, let her go down with a bang? and you are her fan... Some went down with a bang and it wasnt good. Bang bang

Pissing off for just pissing off with no valid reason...just for being...: hey, see my underwear for the very 100000000000 time! It comes to a place where actually isnt pissing anyone at all... it's more like rolling my eyes and "yawn". 

The lady is a tramp and going gaga (there is no reference to Stefani Germanotta in my comment).

On 12/29/2021 at 1:30 AM, RUADJAI said:

Irrelevant?! :Madonna017:

Madonna could snap her fingers and be on ANYONE's new record. Madonna could snap her fingers and be photographed by ANY photographer she wants. She could snap her fingers and walk in ANY fashion runway show she wanted. She has basically worked with ANYONE who's ANYONE that was popular in the last 10 years. When Camilla Cabello accepted her MTV award she basically just slobbered on Madonna's dick for 5 minutes. How exactly is Madonna irrelevant? 

:Madonna007:

I wonder if 50 cent would do it. 

fashion that is just a world of futility, vanity, and ego. Pass.

On 12/29/2021 at 1:16 AM, Ziggy Stardust said:

... you would think Madonna had just created the next Mona Lisa if she took a shit right infront of you. 

Yes yes very true but what musical inspiration would we choose to go with it? 

True Pooh

Who's that Turd

Causing A Bowel-Motion

This Used to Be My Toilet

Ray of Shite

Browned World

Nothing Really Splatters

Butt Profusion

or the classic

Sorry (I did a shit on the floor that looks like the Mona Lisa but would you like to buy a polaroid of it for charity)