Curtains

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Curtains

Hi everyone ! Since we'll soon be celebrating the 40th anniversary of Madonna's career (!!), and due to popular demand, I'll organize a megarate for every single Madonna album. Let's now see how the tracks from the True Blue era compete with each other. As requested by most users who participated in other games, non-album tracks from the same era will also be included.   Rules: - Make sure to know all the songs included in the competition. - Rate each song from 1 t

Curtains

I know that the Like a Virgin era megarate is still going on, but I'll be away for two weeks between the end of January and early February, so I didn't want to make you wait too long for the True Blue era Results Show. So you can already begin to vote now for the True Blue era if you want. In the meantime, the Results Show of the Like a Virgin era will happen on January 7th. Might be interested: @TOpher, @EgoRod, @scamper, @HC Charge, @Dj Garrido, @Andreo, @migsou, @Leandro Gomes, @Ale

Curtains

So I've received 50 votes on time, that's impressive as always. The results will be revealed tomorrow, January 19th, at 3pm EST / 9pm CET. Hope you'll be there! @HC Charge, @musicinferno, @MadonnaLove, @Matty, @Dj Garrido, @Nowheretohide, @Enrico, @Holger, @Prince of Darkness, @Fernando, @androiduser, @Fabiolous, @Foreigner, @Alexei, @spinningaround, @Leandro Gomes, @EgoRod, @Danton, @MPowered, @LuckyBorderline, @proxy, @Voguerista, @Unruhe, @MadonnasPussy, @MisterMistere, @chipie, @migso

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Thanks to all the ones who participated and attended the results show. Once again, it was a lot of fun to do and this wouldn't be possible without you! :) The results can now be seen in the OP.

The Like a Prayer era megarate will be starting tomorrow and I'm really looking foward to this one. But for now, just like last time, here's a little something to celebrate the success of these megarates! :)

Thank you for doing it for us it’s nice that the forum can come together and get involved 

The absolute blasphemy that Open Your Heart beat out Live To Tell is making me rethink things for the LAP Megarate.  

I afraid I can no longer vote with my heart and must make educated guesses on what mistakes the hivemind will rate and then strategically vote to correct such mistakes!

I won't accept Cherish coming in at #1 and beating Like A Prayer.....I CANNOT!

are-you-kidding-me-freaking-serious.gif

4 hours ago, Curtains said:

#14 – Jimmy Jimmy

14-Jimmy-Jimmy.jpg

- Average Rate : 4,74 / 10

- Highest Rate : 9 ( @cybertotor )

- Lowest Rate : 0 ( @Fernando, @MadonnasPussy, @migsou, @SuperBicycle )

Yeah, still think it is too high. I recall walking out of the Madame X VIP pre party in Paris once they started playing this song, really scraping the bottom of the barrel...... waiting so long for Madonna to appear!

1 hour ago, MadonnasPussy said:

The absolute blasphemy that Open Your Heart beat out Live To Tell is making me rethink things for the LAP Megarate.  

I afraid I can no longer vote with my heart and must make educated guesses on what mistakes the hivemind will rate and then strategically vote to correct such mistakes!

I won't accept Cherish coming in at #1 and beating Like A Prayer.....I CANNOT!

are-you-kidding-me-freaking-serious.gif

I still cant wrap my head around the fact that Open Your Heart came in ahead of Live To Tell, inexcusable in my opinion. Definitely having some worries for the LAP voting now.

And which of those these two tracks changed the trajectory of Madonna's career? Live To Tell is a far more important song in the long run. OYH is basically a fun and upbeat song, great and all but nothing unique compared to about 200 other songs Madonna has recorded. Live To Tell was her first true masterpiece, it was the song that made her be noticed by critics and showed she had some songwriting chops. That fade out which kicks back into her vocals again gives me chills every time I hear it, find me another Madonna ballad that sounds anything like LTT. I can find you plenty of tracks that are very similar to OYH. The actual proper rating of the top two tracks in my opinion is Live To Tell and Papa Dont Preach, both of which show her real growth as a songwriter.

• Enrico unfeatured this topic

These results are closer to what I would have liked than on previous polls. 'Live to Tell' is my number 1, I don't usually listen to 'La Isla Bonita' lately but I agree is one of the best (I would place it behind 'True Blue' though!), and 'Where's the Party' right before the WTG tracks. I agree with the three bottom songs :)