April 2022

xrayeyes

3 hours ago, androiduser said:

So.... it didn't happen when True Blue came out, when Like a Prayer Came out, Vogue, Blond Ambition, Erotica, Sex book, Ray of Light, Confessions.... but it happened when she did two Sticky and Sweet Tours... wow, okay.... major....

So much for bringing some lightness and something different to this place...forgot it was full of humourless sour-pusses.

1983-1996-2008-2022: major creative RENEWALS. That's all I said.

First album big break and sent her on a rocket tracjectory of success for decades; born again with the birth of her daughter and renewed creative success with Evita into Ray of Light into another decade of success; Sticky & Sweet her highest grossing concerts of all time and her last number one with 4Minutes...

Now is just another renewal, coinciding with her 40th anniversary.

Didn't want to be a downer, but it also occurred when Michael Jackson and Prince died...all of whom were born in summer 1958 in the midwest...

14 hours ago, androiduser said:

So.... it didn't happen when True Blue came out, when Like a Prayer Came out, Vogue, Blond Ambition, Erotica, Sex book, Ray of Light, Confessions.... but it happened when she did two Sticky and Sweet Tours... wow, okay.... major....

Sticky and Sweet remains the largest grossing solo tour by anyone, male or female.  It was an accomplishment and it was a great tour.  I went to two shows myself.  

7 hours ago, Sultrysully said:

Sticky and Sweet remains the largest grossing solo tour by anyone, male or female.  It was an accomplishment and it was a great tour.  I went to two shows myself.  

Sticky and Sweet is not the highest grossing tour of all time and I attended a show myself, the vocals were horrible and the visuals a huge letdown from Confessions. They fixed the visuals for MDNA Tour but the vocals were still not where they had previously been at all.  Sticky and Sweet was decent not great and thats putting things kindly. Also, I cant be the only one who cringes when Madonna plays electric guitar on her tours as if to try and convince anyone she is even remotely competent at playing the instrument.

3 hours ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

Sticky and Sweet is not the highest grossing tour of all time and I attended a show myself, the vocals were horrible and the visuals a huge letdown from Confessions. They fixed the visuals for MDNA Tour but the vocals were still not where they had previously been at all.  Sticky and Sweet was decent not great and thats putting things kindly. Also, I cant be the only one who cringes when Madonna plays electric guitar on her tours as if to try and convince anyone she is even remotely competent at playing the instrument.

It was the highest grossing (male or female) at the time.... Newsflash.... records are broken, especially when artists perform 2 or 3x the number of shows that Madonna did for that show.  My earlier statement may not be 2022 accurate but the Sticky and Sweet show broke long held records and still remaons very high on the all time tour grossings list.  As for your critique of the show, you may have drank bad beer at your concert as you couldn't be more wrong about the show or Madonna's guitar playing.  She is actually decent on the guitar and has steadily improved for years.  She is not Prince or Slash and has never claimed to be.  I love Rockdonna and I am proud that she continually expands her skillset.  The vocals were spot on too considering the intense physicalness of the show.  You must Love Me is just one outstanding example.  She brought it.  I loved both the tour and the visuals.  Foe me, the tour was spot on and people seemed to really enjoy the show.  Finally, the GI2M finale was the best ending of a Madonna tour ever.  Such energy.  I was amazed by Madonna's stamina, over the two hour spectacle.  I think that many fans had a hard time letting go of the Confessions era.  Sticky and Sweet was not Confessions part deux but it was amazing.  Don't rewrite history out of love for another era.

2 hours ago, Sultrysully said:

It was the highest grossing (male or female) at the time.... Newsflash.... records are broken, especially when artists perform 2 or 3x the number of shows that Madonna did for that show.  My earlier statement may not be 2022 accurate but the Sticky and Sweet show broke long held records and still remaons very high on the all time tour grossings list.  As for your critique of the show, you may have drank bad beer at your concert as you couldn't be more wrong about the show or Madonna's guitar playing.  She is actually decent on the guitar and has steadily improved for years.  She is not Prince or Slash and has never claimed to be.  I love Rockdonna and I am proud that she continually expands her skillset.  The vocals were spot on too considering the intense physicalness of the show.  You must Love Me is just one outstanding example.  She brought it.  I loved both the tour and the visuals.  Foe me, the tour was spot on and people seemed to really enjoy the show.  Finally, the GI2M finale was the best ending of a Madonna tour ever.  Such energy.  I was amazed by Madonna's stamina, over the two hour spectacle.  I think that many fans had a hard time letting go of the Confessions era.  Sticky and Sweet was not Confessions part deux but it was amazing.  Don't rewrite history out of love for another era.

That is not what you said, you said Sticky and Sweet REMAINS the highest grossing tour by male or female NEWSFLASH!!!!!! You were wrong and now are trying to rewrite history. I am curious what date your concert was because mine was near the end of the tour and she was totally burned out by then I suppose and that reflected in her vocals. In terms of visuals, Sticky and Sweet has nothing on Confessions or any of the shows I saw after it or in the 90's and that goes for costumes and stage displays. Madonna is not a decent guitarist, repeatedly playing 2 cords is not a decent guitarist, dont believe me, check out this performance of how elementary her movement and tone is, she is not even good enough to play the main riff and is only doing rhythm guitar, you can here someone else is on lead and Ray of Light is not even a hard track to play. Nobody in the universe outside of certain Madonna fans would call her a decent guitarist, next thing you will be telling me she is the next Gilmour or Jimmy Page??? My sister, who I only started teaching how to play 2 years ago could solo circles around Madonna. I might have gone to an off night during the Sticky and Sweet Tour if you enjoyed it that much, or you are just over estimating how good the tour was because you have not seen her live very much, I dont know which it is.