Madonna leaving Kaney west party (Video)

hendrik297

I just dont understand this obsession with features on albums right now, in my opinion an artist should never create something with the goal of it becoming a chart smash, true magic happens when it is not forced and comes from a place of inspiration that will be reflected in the music. Freddie never came up with Bohemian Rhapsody because he was dreaming for a hit which is precisely why it is one of the greatest songs of all time. I would love to see Madonna do the same, this trend chasing and cringe features are beneath her, sometimes I wonder if she even realizes how incredible her legacy really is.

1 hour ago, Prince of Darkness said:

I just dont understand this obsession with features on albums right now, in my opinion an artist should never create something with the goal of it becoming a chart smash, true magic happens when it is not forced and comes from a place of inspiration that will be reflected in the music. Freddie never came up with Bohemian Rhapsody because he was dreaming for a hit which is precisely why it is one of the greatest songs of all time. I would love to see Madonna do the same, this trend chasing and cringe features are beneath her, sometimes I wonder if she even realizes how incredible her legacy really is.

While features do help with charting sometimes, M does a lot of it for her artistry. It’s very normal for my generation atleast. It adds an extra layer sometimes. And sometimes it doesn’t. And we can’t sit here and think M hasn’t spent hours trying to make commercial hits alongside making songs that weren’t. As a pop artist, it’s one of their goals. For M, she doesn’t need another hit but she still tries giving the world a hit. It just doesn’t catch or it’s Madonna and not many are interested. They respect her but they’re not looking for her new music like that. Just the reality. 

2 hours ago, Prince of Darkness said:

Or maybe she just likes the people she features on her albums? :)

I honestly can't remember a single feat. she's done with a an artist that you can cleary see she dislikes and it's only for the money, potential reach, whatever. Read or listen to the interviews of her talking about them. She clearly likes them.

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

I honestly can't remember a single feat. she's done with a an artist that you can cleary see she dislikes and it's only for the money, potential reach, whatever. Read or listen to the interviews of her talking about them. She clearly likes them.

I think to some degree Anita was a pushed one. Or atleast by the tour she was very sick of everyone wanting a Faz Gostoso music video ????

22 minutes ago, gafuller said:

I think to some degree Anita was a pushed one. Or atleast by the tour she was very sick of everyone wanting a Faz Gostoso music video ????

Hahaha I'm sure she was sick of it, yeh. Also a big missed opportunity cause the song was really rising on Brazil. With a music video it would have been the biggest hit of the era.

But pushed by who? She's basically been her own label for the last three studio albums. 

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

Hahaha I'm sure she was sick of it, yeh. Also a big missed opportunity cause the song was really rising on Brazil. With a music video it would have been the biggest hit of the era.

But pushed by who? She's basically been her own label for the last three studio albums. 

I know she’s largely been behind the choices but she’s not her own label. She is now, but I’m pretty sure her last three albums still had to be run by the label for commercial viability. Remember the Rebel Heart double album that was turned down? M had to go back make a decision on what to include for and drop what she really wanted.

51 minutes ago, gafuller said:

I know she’s largely been behind the choices but she’s not her own label. She is now, but I’m pretty sure her last three albums still had to be run by the label for commercial viability. Remember the Rebel Heart double album that was turned down? M had to go back make a decision on what to include for and drop what she really wanted.

I used to think that too but the label didn't make a single thing anyway for that commercial viability so... I don't know. I guess there were meetings with Universal, yeah, and comments and suggestions, so maybe you're right.

Wasn't the "Rebel Heart" double album turned down for contractual reasons? (So it wouldn't count as two albums and then she'd be free of her three studio albums contract with Live Nation)

29 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I used to think that too but the label didn't make a single thing anyway for that commercial viability so... I don't know. I guess there were meetings with Universal, yeah, and comments and suggestions, so maybe you're right.

Wasn't the "Rebel Heart" double album turned down for contractual reasons? (So it wouldn't count as two albums and then she'd be free of her three studio albums contract with Live Nation)

Yes but that’s still holding some sort of leverage over album input. I otherwise think it’s mainly been her input. 

6 hours ago, Prayer said:

Well obviously she would not choose to work with people she despises, but that does not change the fact that the whole point of collaborating is to try and get chart success. Cold Heart Remix was a giant hit for Elton John and is the perfect example of how a collaboration should be handled but I dont expect Madonna to go that route.

6 hours ago, MDNA22 said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/17328659/madonna-asks-kanye-west-collaborate-album/

Madonna will do an R&B album next and already asked Kayne to collaborate with her on her next album  (according to the Sun which is never wrong lol) 

Is this their idea of a fun gathering? Lights on, sitting around posing stiffly like desperados?