Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

I just don’t understand why this release is even happening to be honest ? Sure I love a lot of her remixes but if this is just one long mega mix and few guest vocalists ( like club future nostalgia ) I’m disappointed? She could be spending all this time reviewing unreleased demos instead for this so called Warner deal if we ever get a whiff of news ?

14 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

I just don’t understand why this release is even happening to be honest ? Sure I love a lot of her remixes but if this is just one long mega mix and few guest vocalists ( like club future nostalgia ) I’m disappointed? She could be spending all this time reviewing unreleased demos instead for this so called Warner deal if we ever get a whiff of news ?

its because she is going to spend time doing her movie so its something before she starts filming etc ..its better than nothing especially if we get a new track or even new vocals on tracks etc 

2 minutes ago, beautifulkiller said:

its because she is going to spend time doing her movie so its something before she starts filming etc ..its better than nothing especially if we get a new track or even new vocals on tracks etc 

I don’t know what remixes have to do with the biopic or filming.

I agree it’s a kind of random release. Especially when we hyped up last years press release from Warner so much that we started envisioning massive projects like a 4 disc LAP expanded reissue.

I welcome this remix project with open arms. It’s exciting. And something “new” to talk about.

But it’s still very “random”

17 minutes ago, deathproof said:

I don’t know what remixes have to do with the biopic or filming.

I agree it’s a kind of random release. Especially when we hyped up last years press release from Warner so much that we started envisioning massive projects like a 4 disc LAP expanded reissue.

I welcome this remix project with open arms. It’s exciting. And something “new” to talk about.

But it’s still very “random”

i mean to give us a treat because she has no plans on recording another album for a while due to the film and prob due to lack of inspiration 

it does feel random ..i think maybe with this release we will also get the news about the other releases coming this year 

I dont think its random at all.   Shes finished her contract and going back to warners.  Perfect timing for a compilation.

Celebrating 50 No 1s is a amazing achievement.   Its reminds everyone how amazing she is.  Tides us over until the movie.  that will take ages. Fingers crossed we get 2 new dance tracks and singles. That would be incredible.

9 hours ago, nito84bcn said:

Not the best quality, but I was working with Honey Dijon in November, as a dancer for her set in Barcelona, Apolo. She was amazing and I knew her work in general and what she did for Madonna and Gaga. 
She played an awesome remix of Vogue and the crowd went wild (mostly of them young kids). 

If she's there with Madonna, i guess it's to make a full dj session of her remixes, like the Confessions on a dance floor or You can dance. 

IMG_20220118_111217.thumb.jpg.fef74dea4481dc45d12e5acc4f4a1c18.jpg

Brutal!

I'm curious about the tracklisting. I mean Holiday/Lucky Star is a double A-side, just like Angel/Into the Groove. Will they use just Holiday and Angel or also Lucky Star and Into The Groove. And what about the You Can Dance (LP Cuts)? Will they only use Spotlight or also the other tracks. If so, there are more than 50 tracks. What are your thoughts about this. Either way i'm excited.

8 minutes ago, androiduser said:

are we sure this is an album that will get a proper release? it could still turn out to be just a playlist or something like that. A 50 track remix album doesn't sound very profitable

It simply can be "just a playlist". In order to make a Spotify playlist, the songs need to be released on the platform, you can't do a playlist with songs that are not there. Some of the remixes heard on her stories in the studio are not on Spotify yet ("Ray Of Light" Sasha, "Nothing Really Matters" Club 69).

So it's going to be, at least, a digital album. :)

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

I don't see how it's that random:

- It's a way of doing a "greatest hits" kind of album in a world where Greatest Hits compilations in the old sense don't really exist anymore (yeah, I know they're still around in some cases but you know what I mean).

- It's a way of celebrating and get press talking about an amazing achievement: 50 Dance #1s in the US. Keep building a positive profile before the reissues, the movie, etc.

- It's a way for her to keep being creative, selecting the remixes, mixing them together, etc.

- It will be the first time some of those remixes are going to be on streaming and digital stores.

- Luckily we'll get some surprises (new remixes) and a physical edition.

I mean, what's not to like?

Babe…

https://www.wmg.com/news/madonna-and-warner-music-group-announce-milestone-career-spanning-partnership-35716

“This new deal heralds the launch next year of an extensive, multi-year series of catalog releases that will revisit the groundbreaking music that made her an international icon. For the first time, Madonna will personally curate expansive deluxe editions for many of her landmark albums

should I pull up the 200+ page thread? ?

it’s still “random.” I don’t see the crime in using that word. It’s not equatable to “shit” or “garbage.”

Im wondering if we are going to see any one off live performances or tv appearances this year. I was not expecting this 50 hit announcement and now I dont think it will be easy to predict anything of what she is going to be doing in the future. 2022 is shaping up to me full of surprises.

I'm thinking she's mostly  gonna re-edit & amp up some of her classic mixes more than do all brand new mixes.

I'm  also thinking that's why Honey Dijon is there to do edits of some of her classic remixes like the edit of the MAW mix she did for Erotica a few years back. HD remixes themselves are pretty uninspiring. Madonna should get Dr Packer in to re-edit some of the classic mixes as well. 

• RUADJAI changed the title to Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • Enrico pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic