Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

Honey Dijon seriously? What's next, dull Tracy Young?

I would have rather prefer some exclusive from Peter Rauhofer, Vogue (Benny Benassi), DJ Paulo, Jackinsky, Chris Cox/Barry Harris, Roger Sanchez, Stuart Price, Victor Calderone....

Seriously, I can't believe, she could do something fuckin great but she goes with the most lame people.

Stuart Price was 16 years ago. 

Stuart did the same remixes for everybody (Hung up, what you're waiting for....). Stop referencing people from 20 years ago whom havn't mixed in a club since then.

It's probably just re-edits of the original remixes being dusted off, Honey Dijon does that. To put them all in sequence you must remaster them to have the sound flow. It's a way to have her classics be back in club playlists in the coming months, in good quality. That's where it all started, that's where she's starting this reconquest as well. 

On 1/18/2022 at 5:46 PM, thegoldencalf said:

I find it disappointing that she chose to work with HD for this. And also why Mike Dean? He’s an R&B producer.

Stuart Price would have been a way better choice 

I think HD might be ok for this one--especially if its to sequence and enhance selected remixes. I'm just happy it's not Tracy Young, Guetta or the Blessed Madonna. I do agree about Mike Dean. What is the deal with him? Why not choose a remixer/producer? It would be interesting to add a veteran DJ to this project? I wonder if there will be a few more studio visits.

17 minutes ago, Rory said:

I think HD might be ok for this one--especially if its to sequence and enhance selected remixes. I'm just happy it's not Tracy Young, Guetta or the Blessed Madonna. I do agree about Mike Dean. What is the deal with him? Kanye? Good hemp? Why not choose a remixer/producer? It would be interesting to add a veteran DJ to this project? I wonder if there will be a few more studio visits.

I dont think there is anything wrong with mike deans mixes - she obviously likes him too sooo - he did a good job on madame x and the tour audio

Sometimes I just dont understand her mentality at all when it comes to stuff like this. She is fucking Madonna, she could have anyone she wants in the universe to come in for her and chooses to work with guys who are basically scrubs compared to who she could have potentially recruited, Honey Diijon is a very poor choice and whats the deal with Kanye? it seems random and weird. I hope this self indulgent behavior does not rear its ugly head in the biopic production as well. From what I have seen, the script looks like a nightmare. Whatever happened to the days of making an effort to bring in the most qualified professionals?

14 minutes ago, Prince of Darkness said:

Sometimes I just dont understand her mentality at all when it comes to stuff like this. She is fucking Madonna, she could have anyone she wants in the universe to come in for her and chooses to work with guys who are basically scrubs compared to who she could have potentially recruited, Honey Diijon is a very poor choice and whats the deal with Kanye? it seems random and weird. I hope this self indulgent behavior does not rear its ugly head in the biopic production as well. From what I have seen, the script looks like a nightmare. Whatever happened to the days of making an effort to bring in the most qualified professionals?

why the hell are they scrubs 

7 hours ago, beautifulkiller said:

why the hell are they scrubs 

So you think someone as lame as Honey Diijon was an ideal choice? especially for remixing classic songs. What the fuck is that person doing working with Madonna, how about bringing in someone who has actually been proven as a person who has done quality work in the past.

11 minutes ago, beautifulkiller said:

i dont believe she is remixing her classic songs - these will not be new remixes - i dont think they are scrubs ffs 

What makes you think that? this project covers her 50 number ones on the dance charts. Most of which were achieved in her classic period, have the songs already been picked or something?

1 minute ago, Prince of Darkness said:

What makes you think that? this project covers her 50 number ones on the dance charts. Most of which were achieved in her classic period.

because you can see the songs lined up in the pic from Instragram of Mike's computer. The songs are picked. They are being mastered so they sound good next to each other. Then Honey will probably find a way to mix them together. 

7 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

because you can see the songs lined up in the pic from Instragram of Mike's computer. The songs are picked. They are being mastered so they sound good next to each other. Then Honey will probably find a way to mix them together. 

I must have missed that post, so basically we are just getting remastered tracks, many of what dont even need remastering? sounds like a way to milk fans of money to me. I wonder if this thing is gonna be released physically. If not, I just lost all interest in the project. Honey is still a very odd choice, seems like many of Madonna's bridges to old contacts have been burned.

13 minutes ago, Prince of Darkness said:

What makes you think that? this project covers her 50 number ones on the dance charts. Most of which were achieved in her classic period, have the songs already been picked or something?

they would not be number ones if she completely changed them would they ? they wont be new remixes they will be ones that made it to number one - why is she a odd choice when one of the number ones was her work ??

we have nothing against Honey Dijon, it's ok if she remixes a song or two, but we want a larger number of collabs.

the thing is when she wants one person *its just that person, and its over* 

its been this way since forever.

and if you say no you get your head chopped because she beheads "nay-sayers".

most of all since madame x era.

so its this or go to swell the ranks of another singer. most of all post 2000 ones. 

Sue Me Season 4 GIF by The Office

7 minutes ago, sidney78a said:

we have nothing against Honey Dijon, it's ok if she remixes a song or two, but we want a larger number of collabs.

the thing is when she wants one person *its just that person, and its over* 

its been this way since forever.

and if you say no you get your head chopped because she beheads "nay-sayers".

most of all since madame x era.

so its this or go to swell the ranks of another singer. most of all post 2000 ones. 

Sue Me Season 4 GIF by The Office

Who wants collaborations? speak for yourself. I am pretty sure that a lot of Madonna fans including myself would have liked a deluxe reissue of one of her albums with a concert included to mark an anniversary. She never gives the fans anything they want anymore and when she does its hard to enjoy because of the horrible edits like the nightmare that was the Rebel Heart concert release.

1 hour ago, Roland Barthes said:

Stuart Price was 16 years ago. 

Stuart did the same remixes for everybody (Hung up, what you're waiting for....). Stop referencing people from 20 years ago whom havn't mixed in a club since then.

It's probably just re-edits of the original remixes being dusted off, Honey Dijon does that. To put them all in sequence you must remaster them to have the sound flow. It's a way to have her classics be back in club playlists in the coming months, in good quality. That's where it all started, that's where she's starting this reconquest as well. 

what is good is timeless - Madonna began 40 years ago. 

Its been 16y since Stuart Price blablabla - he´s been doing great stuff with his bands and so

Marilyn Monroe died in 62 just 36 yo - still one of the greatest comediennes in history

Amy Winehouse died aging 27 - she released an album and a half - she changed music history for ever

so dont come up with last minute geniuses 

a remix doesnt mean house or dancefloor necessarily

most of all if the song is already a house song.

Pool Swimming GIF by Sabrina Carpenter

1 minute ago, Prince of Darkness said:

Who wants collaborations? speak for yourself. I am pretty sure that a lot of Madonna fans including myself would have liked a deluxe reissue of one of her albums with a concert included to mark an anniversary. She never gives the fans anything they want anymore and when she does its hard to enjoy because of the horrible edits like the nightmare that was the Rebel Heart concert release.

Mike Dean is a collaboration my dear. Or you think his name will be magically put under rugs (swept)

a remix is a collaboration

• RUADJAI changed the title to Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • Enrico pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic