Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

10 hours ago, Prince of Darkness said:

Because the mainstream has horrible taste in music usually, which might be one reason why Madame X flopped. Guys like Ed Sheeran place no importance on creativity. Justin Bieber Justice album featured some of the most lifeless and bland tracks of the year and that record still had hits only because it was Justin.

But that is only 2 examples. What about Dua Lipa, Doja Cat, The Weeknd and a zillion others? You cannot tell me everything that is popular sucks and that Madame X was a masterpiece that was ignored for no reason. Madame X did not have the pop hits and a thematic choruses people expect or love from Madonna. It was an interesting and unique album but hardly her greatest work.

Of course Madonna is older now so she will not appeal to a younger audience. But even Madonna’s own fans were divided on Madame X. It did not have as much appeal to her audience as even Rebel Heart did. The lead single especially fell flat.

16 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

But that is only 2 examples. What about Dua Lipa, Doja Cat, The Weeknd and a zillion others? You cannot tell me everything that is popular sucks and that Madame X was a masterpiece that was ignored for no reason. Madame X did not have the pop hits and a thematic choruses people expect or love from Madonna. It was an interesting and unique album but hardly her greatest work.

Of course Madonna is older now so she will not appeal to a younger audience. But even Madonna’s own fans were divided on Madame X.

I said mainstream music usually sucks, not always and it has been like that forever. Bon Jovi was one of the shittiest 80s rock bands on the planet and look how popular they got, the same goes for people like Ed Sheeran and his soulless karaoke pop. Madame X was ignored because of Madonna's age and that is a fact, although I do think its experimental nature did it no favors for mass appeal. Madonna fans should stop worrying about if any future songs will be smash hits because I dont see that happening, much better if she actually focuses on creating good music that comes from inspiration. Im also curious where you would rank Madame X on a tier list of her 2000s albums? for me, the only two that beat it out are Music and Confessions. Madame X is not her best album but one could argue it is her best in recent times. Hard Candy and MDNA basically just sucked and Rebel Heart had tons of potential but ended up being ruined with way too many terrible tracks. Madame X feels much more cohesive and even the weaker tracks like Bitch Im Loca are not plain terrible like some of the ones on her past three albums.

23 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Of course Madonna is older now so she will not appeal to a younger audience. But even Madonna’s own fans were divided on Madame X. It did not have as much appeal to her audience as even Rebel Heart did. The lead single especially fell flat.

You seem to think that Madame X sucked because it didn't have strong, catchy choruses? That's not what makes a good album. She didn't really have many because she chose not to. It was definitely not a mainstream pop album. 

7 minutes ago, mikeyaj said:

madonna should have released greatest remixed hits compilations throughout her career. 10 track albums of edits of popular remixes. at this point i think this compilation should be streaming only

Why not streaming and physical at the same time? ?

Sometimes I can't understand Madonna's fans... It's like they are always negative or angry. ?

7 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

Why not streaming and physical at the same time? ?

Sometimes I can't understand Madonna's fans... It's like they are always negative or angry. ?

i just think if she's going to do a remix album she should do either of the following

1. do celebration remixed. all tracks on the 2cd set all remix edits.

2. re-release immaculate collection and ghv2 with a bonus cd of the songs remixed

at this point if she's releasing a physical release compilation she should just do a full singles edit collection remastered first. even if it's 4 cds. i just don't want compilations at this point really. i would be interested in a something to remember part 2 though ???

16 minutes ago, mikeyaj said:

i just think if she's going to do a remix album she should do either of the following

1. do celebration remixed. all tracks on the 2cd set all remix edits.

2. re-release immaculate collection and ghv2 with a bonus cd of the songs remixed

at this point if she's releasing a physical release compilation she should just do a full singles edit collection remastered first. even if it's 4 cds. i just don't want compilations at this point really. i would be interested in a something to remember part 2 though ???

It's not a traditional compilation, it's exclusive for her 50 #1 on the Billboard Dance Club Songs chart so there is no relation to her previous greatest hits compilations.

6 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

madonna even said madame x was not one of them commercial records ..she said it was a follow up to american life and we all know how divided her fans are on that album dont we and so does she - the lead single fell flat because i think a lot madonna fans are boycotting her records that feature another artist ..it does not mean it was rubbish - the song is good and it introduced us to madame x 

Commercial music can be good or bad, same for uncommercial music, can be good or bad. Madame x is not commercial right, but, at least in my view, is not either very good, not musically, not in terms of lyrics, arrangements, production or vocals, she has done so much better in the past being no commercial. For example I think Mer girl is a gem closing ROL but it is not commercial at all, neither does it have catchy choruses, but I feel it´s quality and her crystal clear vocal, after months of vocal training and hard work,  is to die for. With Madame, well, it´s another story. I love that some fans love it, but do not say please, that we don´t aprecciate it because of its lack of commerciality, cause that´s not the case. Also singing songs of reaggeton with Maluma in 2019 is not a super anticommercial step in my view, but that´s another story.

Edited by Drownedboy (see edit history)

• RUADJAI changed the title to Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • Enrico pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic