Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

1 hour ago, Drownedboy said:

Commercial music can be good or bad, same for uncommercial music, can be good or bad. Madame x is not commercial right, but, at least in my view, is not either very good, not musically, not in terms of lyrics, arrangements, production or vocals, she has done so much better in the past being no commercial. For example I think Mer girl is a gem closing ROL but it is not commercial at all, neither does it have catchy choruses, but I feel it´s quality and her crystal clear vocal, after months of vocal training and hard work,  is to die for. With Madame, well, it´s another story. I love that some fans love it, but do not say please, that we don´t aprecciate it because of its lack of commerciality, cause that´s not the case. Also singing songs of reaggeton with Maluma in 2019 is not a super anticommercial step in my view, but that´s another story.

Madame X is amazing 

200.gif

spanish video GIF by Robert E Blackmon

1 hour ago, Lucky90210 said:

I think You Can Dance is being re-released. 

You Can Dance - Extended Versions Unmixed

You Can Dance - Into the Groove / Everybody 12"

You Can Dance - Where's the Party / Spotlight 12"

You Can Dance - Holiday / Over and Over 12"

You Can Dance - Single Edits of Album Remixes

You Can Dance - Mixed (It was re-issued a few years ago on RSD), so hopefully it could have an alternate cover or bonus tracks?

What would be bonus tracks?: Think of Me 12"/Edit/Dub; Dubs for Physical Attraction and Everybody; Alternate Shep mixes?

I wonder if they'll be so generous?

I think this is going to be like “Nothing has changed.” from David Bowie. A big compillation of songs among cds and vinyls, but in this case, marketed around her 50 #1s on the Dance Charts. 
If I'm not wrong, that started David's multiple boxsets' releases, so it could be an indicator of where things are going from here.

Actually the more I think about this I reckon it will be a Digital Only release. The M.O. in recent years seems to be to increase her streaming presence...and It's working. Do we really think there'd be much of a market for a physical CD of her greatest remixes? Maybe 15 years ago but she late as hell on this one, We'll see I suppose. I can see maybe a couple of super deluxe formats for fans. Forget a vinyl for 50 songs ladies. Maybe an expensive CD boxset but as for standard triple CD release of straight remixes...I think we probably have to let that one go. 

Has Madame X live even been released on physicals yet? As in Blu Ray and Cd?

Also... for the record...The best Ray Of Light remix is Sasha Twilo Mix. The levels, the Journey, the scape. The Ultraviolet mix is essentially a loop from start to finish. Twilo wins...Hands down above and away.....and that's that on that. 

On 1/15/2022 at 7:06 PM, Fabiolous said:

As far as I know Interscope and Live Nation don't have any rights to her 2012-2019 catalogue, it belongs to Madonna only. Live Nation was just managing and promoting Madonna and Interscope was just printing and supplying stores with her physical releases. From 2025, Warner will have the rights to those songs too, but Madonna can have them on a Warner release now if she wants to. 

That's my understanding. 

Inter scope own the masters to MDNA, Rebel, and Madame X. They were her label from 2012-2020.

Adding a song from that era to compilation isn’t an issue. Taking an album and re-releasing it however, is. That’s why they are waiting till 2025 till those albums fall back into Madonnas/Warners lap.

3 minutes ago, slutpride said:

I find it hilarious that it's 2022 and people are still fetishizing a cash grab release from 35 years ago...

Honey have you seen the album charts recently? It is littered with straight up represses of  historical releases. I think rethought collection of some widely unavailable tunes is a hell of lot more exciting than a Like A Virgin coloured vinyl or whatever Golden Oldie album is clogging up the charts. 

1 minute ago, deathproof said:

We know how you spend your time away from here. We all know. 

never he just does not interest me enough even to be one of these dedicated hater fans madonna has - i just find the still of him at the golden globes when madonna won highly amusing - it says so much about him 

If she's in the studio with Mike Dean it's not going to be just the old remixes on digital as they were and that's it. They're working on something.

My bet is a DJ mix with the new "Frozen" remix added or some little surprise (like the new Swae Lee collaboration), as I said in previous posts. And if they do a 75-minute project Warner can easily manufacture some CDs and sell them, and even put the vinyls on pre-order and send them when they're ready in the next few months.

It's a win-win for everyone: we get something "new", media can celebrate her 50 #1s score and pave the way for the biopic, etc. I think a remixes project is a great idea, especially after the sudden success of the "Frozen" remix. Her current Spotify numbers are bigger than ever thanks to the "Frozen" remix.

31 minutes ago, Prayer said:

If she's in the studio with Mike Dean it's not going to be just the old remixes on digital as they were and that's it. They're working on something.

My bet is a DJ mix with the new "Frozen" remix added or some little surprise (like the new Swae Lee collaboration), as I said in previous posts. And if they do a 75-minute project Warner can easily manufacture some CDs and sell them, and even put the vinyls on pre-order and send them when they're ready in the next few months.

It's a win-win for everyone: we get something "new", media can celebrate her 50 #1s score and pave the way for the biopic, etc. I think a remixes project is a great idea, especially after the sudden success of the "Frozen" remix. Her current Spotify numbers are bigger than ever thanks to the "Frozen" remix.

Mike is probably just remastering for consistency in volume levels tbh

3 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Nah... they already did that with "Like A Prayer 30th" and "True Blue 35th" without her involvement! I can't see her getting in the studio just to pump up the volume on some old remixes. :tongue:

im hoping its a continual mix like you can dance :) he could do that couldnt he ? 

• RUADJAI changed the title to Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • Enrico pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic