Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

ill be happy if we get some new vocals from her 

39 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Nah... they already did that with "Like A Prayer 30th" and "True Blue 35th" without her involvement! I can't see her getting in the studio just to pump up the volume on some old remixes. :tongue:

shes choosing the remixes and i hope she listens to her fans ..i like that human nature remix and the ray of light remix she has teased - im guessing we will get quite a few of these teases before the release

Madonna needs to include the top five U.S. dance hits and we would get ten more songs. Queen of the Dancefloor!

1. Everybody (3)

2. Burning Up (3)

3. Borderline (4)

4. Dress You Up (3)

5. Papa Don’t  Preach (4)

6. Human Nature (2)

7. Buenos Aires (3)

7. Miles Away (2)

8. GHV2 Mega Mix  (5)

9. Nobody Know Me (4)

10. Revolver (4)

Top tens would also include...

1. True Blue (6)

2. Rescue Me (6)

3. Mother and Father (9)

63 top ten dance hits!  Impressive as hell!

I don't understand the point many of you share in this not being released in physical format. It makes 0 sense, increasing her presence in the streaming world doesn't mean they have to alienate her audience who is mainly interested in physical copies of her music. It actually makes sense to give these fans more to collect and also new fans the opportunity to discover her in streaming platforms too but whatever 

2 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I assumed the frozen remix is not related to this. Because it’s not exactly a dance remix.

If you're being a purist, you're right. But in a marketing sense, any remix will fit in a dance compilation as long as it's electronic.

Even the classic Frozen remixes aren't that danceable anyway.

6 hours ago, lucasciccone said:

It's not a traditional compilation, it's exclusive for her 50 #1 on the Billboard Dance Club Songs chart so there is no relation to her previous greatest hits compilations.

whats not traditional about it. many acts release remix compilations? seems pretty traditional to me. i didn't say it was related to her past GH compilations.

i think it's ok for her to do it. i'd rather something different first but it's not a big deal

27 minutes ago, Andreo said:

I don't understand the point many of you share in this not being released in physical format. It makes 0 sense, increasing her presence in the streaming world doesn't mean they have to alienate her audience who is mainly interested in physical copies of her music. It actually makes sense to give these fans more to collect and also new fans the opportunity to discover her in streaming platforms too but whatever 

you're right but remix albums are niche to the fans and the cost of putting it together has to be recouped so it may not make sense to do a physical. who knows??

1 minute ago, mikeyaj said:

you're right but remix albums are niche to the fans and the cost of putting it together has to be recouped so it may not make sense to do a physical. who knows??

Yeah but we are talking about Madonna fans here, they will buy whatever she puts out in physical form, even if its a remix album of butchered classics. Who knows, Im just hoping that we get something really fun from this.

1 minute ago, Prince of Darkness said:

Yeah but we are talking about Madonna fans here, they will buy whatever she puts out in physical form, even if its a remix album of butchered classics. Who knows, Im just hoping that we get something really fun from this.

true. but it still has to make a profit after all costs. they're not going to do a physical and lose money or make barely any profit.

i would presume this will be streaming only but i could be wrong

Just now, mikeyaj said:

true. but it still has to make a profit after all costs. they're not going to do a physical and lose money or make barely any profit.

i would presume this will be streaming only but i could be wrong

They could charge much more than the minor cost of putting out this stuff physically and still make a profit. I dont really see a reason for not doing it, why does everything need to be digital? especially when vinyl is so in right now.

2 minutes ago, Prince of Darkness said:

They could charge much more than the minor cost of putting out this stuff physically and still make a profit. I dont really see a reason for not doing it, why does everything need to be digital? especially when vinyl is so in right now.

because they can just make it just digital if they want to.

what are the fans gonna do about it? moan? they won't care. lol

Just now, Prince of Darkness said:

But why? there is no reason to only release it digitally, I like to collect stuff and I know tons of other fans do also.

because they can do. they want money. if they can't guarantee a huge profit they will decide it's risky and just do streaming and nobody will care. it will help her streaming figures.

what will it sell worldwide in physical release with no single or video or madonna promoting it with a live performance? 1 million max???

You should all check https://superdeluxeedition.com/

and see how thriving is the physical industry. Every other artist who had 2 hits gets their boxset, see what they did with Grace Jones over the years for example. Each new Prince re-release comes in at least 5 editions, and so on...

It would make real sense that Madonna deluxe re-release rare and iconic remixes on luxuriously and expensively packaged vinyl.

Because we're living in a material world.

5 minutes ago, PlayPause said:

and see how thriving is the physical industry. Every other artist who had 2 hits gets their boxset, see what they did with Grace Jones over the years for example. Each new Prince re-release comes in at least 5 editions, and so on...

It would make real sense that Madonna deluxe re-release rare and iconic remixes on luxuriously and expensively packaged vinyl.

Thats what I was trying to say but there are those who are living behind the times and dont think she would make any profit off something physical which is total bullshit. Those deluxe versions that Prince Estate has been putting out are magnificent and any Madonna fan would orgasm themselves if she did something similar for her music.

4 minutes ago, PlayPause said:

you're right. i'm saying don't expect it. i'm dubious a remix collection is a huge money spinner

3 minutes ago, Prince of Darkness said:

Thats what I was trying to say but there are those who are living behind the times and dont think she would make any profit off something physical which is total bullshit.

im not talking about madonna's profit. i'm talking about warners profit, madonna's profit, the writers profit, the producers profit etc etc. will it be worth it for warner after the costs? thats the question they'll be asking. i'm dubious so expecting streaming only

38 minutes ago, mikeyaj said:

im not talking about madonna's profit. i'm talking about warners profit, madonna's profit, the writers profit, the producers profit etc etc. will it be worth it for warner after the costs? thats the question they'll be asking. i'm dubious so expecting streaming only

I agree and disagree with you.  The profit from an individual expanded release is questionable but when you consider the increased interest in her catalog.... Wow!  To many people, Madonna's work after the Music album is "shiny and new".  Madonna's legacy and complete catalog will be promoted with each release.  Madonna is no ordinary star.  This could be an exponential expansion of her brand.  People really do like her, even the fans not obsessed with her.   A little nostalgic reminder of her work coul a really pay off.  

2 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Guys, you're gonna be MILKED with the reissues and expanded physical editions, with multiple formats for each one.

Don't worry about it, it's coming. :smile:

I was just about to type the same thing, Warners will be relentlessly pummelling y'all for your cash for the next 5 years with the re-issues and movie spin-offs. They're not gonna blow their load on an expensive to produce 50 track remix collection!

10 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

I agree and disagree with you.  The profit from an individual expanded release is questionable but when you consider the increased interest in her catalog.... Wow!  TI many people, Madonna's work after the Music album is "shiny and new".  Madonna's legacy and complete catalog will be promoted with each release.  Madonna is no ordinary star.  This could be an exponential expansion of her brand.  People really do like her, even the fans not obsessed with her.   A little nostalgic reminder of her work coul a really pay off.  

i agree. but this isn't any ordinary music star. this is madonna. she clearly wants us to crave those special releases but not give them lol. she loves the game of it. we have to lower our expectation lol

9 minutes ago, mikeyaj said:

i agree. but this isn't any ordinary music star. this is madonna. she clearly wants us to crave those special releases but not give them lol. she loves the game of it. we have to lower our expectation lol

Ofcourse your right, I have learned that through painful experience.

• RUADJAI changed the title to Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • Enrico pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic