Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

28 minutes ago, Prince of Darkness said:

Good point but I still dont think we are gonna get a physical release as much as I would like one but who knows.

I feel like now that she’s working under Warner her releases will be better handles. And this is the first thing coming out after a major physical releases announcement.

It’s hard for me to believe it won’t have all the bells and whistles it deserves.

My prediction is that it’s gonna have a digital release accompanied by a preorder for some limited physical packages on multiple discs 

25 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

I feel like now that she’s working under Warner her releases will be better handles. And this is the first thing coming out after a major physical releases announcement.

It’s hard for me to believe it won’t have all the bells and whistles it deserves.

My prediction is that it’s gonna have a digital release accompanied by a preorder for some limited physical packages on multiple discs 

I hope your right, its encouraging that Warner put so much more effort into promoting Madame X concert film. I am definitely happy she is back with them now.

7 minutes ago, The Ghost said:

Do you mean the Madame X concert film you can't watch in half of the world LOL :)

It’s been made available in more territories than any other previous tour.
And as far as I’m aware it’s available to buy/rent on Amazon Prime everywhere…

22 minutes ago, Prince of Darkness said:

I hope your right, its encouraging that Warner put so much more effort into promoting Madame X concert film. I am definitely happy she is back with them now.

The Madame X concert is not a Warner deal. Warner is streaming through HBO.

Its a private deal made by Madonna and Viacom.

19 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Well there goes my positivity about Warners efforts?

17 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Well i'm in the UK,  and would have thought that would be a reasonably important market.

The only opportunity i've had (apart from the obvious) :) was to watch it full of adverts on MTV when they broadcast it.

2 minutes ago, The Ghost said:

Well i'm in the UK,  and would have thought that would be  reasonably important market.

The only opportunity i've had (apart from the obvious) :) was to watch it full of adverts on MTV when they broadcast it.

I just watched it by abusing the free trial. I signed up for Paramount Plus and canceled my subscription right after I was done watching.

3 minutes ago, The Ghost said:

Let's say the unofficial way :)  but what i'm getting at is the general public can't see it..  therefore in the UK at least the promotion is none-existent..   that's just the way it was/is

Well that fucking sucks! I had no idea about any of that. One would think its a fairly basic thing to make a release easy to access for fans worldwide. I was getting so many adds all the time about it during the first 2 or 3 weeks.

30 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Yep - they would have marketed it to the highest bidder - and as they should - return on investment. I wonder how much the deal would have been worth -

33 minutes ago, CYSMM said:

Can we all agree that if the get mainly the same remixes this project is useless?

I really hope we will get new stuff!

I personally don't care of getting the same content in another package...

I agree. I really liked what Yoko Ono did in the 00's - she had all her 'hit's' updated with new remixes and re launched on the club play chart - 

I've always wished she 'd have done a remix album after Music of all her classics up to that point.

At that time, all of those amazing DJ's and remixers that were working on her stuff like Orbital, Junior, Groove Armada, Deep Dish, Thunderpuss, Calderone, Bix & Jonesy etc.  etc. There were so many mixers she never even got around to working with. They would have turned out such amazing versions of her older material.

Like imagine Peter Rauhofer remixing "Causing A Commotion" or Above & Beyond mixing "Like a Prayer". We would have dropped dead. I'm sure there's still cool producers I have no idea about who could do amazing mixes of her older material today. There was just something really special about dance music from the mid 90's til '03.  God bless those A&R people. 

How many people here are actually super excited about this project to begin with? remixes are usually not so great, does it really matter how many reworked versions of the same tracks we get? I cant be the only one here who was hoping for a deluxe reissue of one her albums with a remastered concert included. Everyone is discussing this because its the only thing happening right now but the project itself is less than ideal. I have little interest in it all and im getting ready for when the real action starts like biopic and reissues.

• RUADJAI changed the title to Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • Enrico pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic