Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

14 minutes ago, Prince of Darkness said:

How many people here are actually super excited about this project to begin with? remixes are usually not so great, does it really matter how many reworked versions of the same tracks we get? I cant be the only one here who was hoping for a deluxe reissue of one her albums with a remastered concert included. Everyone is discussing this because its the only thing happening right now but the project itself is less than ideal. I have little interest in it all and im getting ready for when the real action starts like biopic and reissues.

not me - not excited at all - i was hoping for the first re-issue announcement and now this project is just going to delay it even more :(((

31 minutes ago, Prince of Darkness said:

I like remixes when they are actually good which is very rare. So you can almost guarantee a lot of them are gonna be forgettable.

I thought the IDSIF remixes were ?

in fact, I actually liked a lot of the Madame x remixes 

"I'm not happy, I'm not happy!" - quote from Joan Rivers that comes to mind when I read some comments here! :nope:

50! #1 dance singles on the Billboard charts is a big deal! Madonna is the first woman/recording artist to achieve such feat. I'm ecstatic that they want to highlight this milestone with a new and special compilation release. Think about the big picture! This is just the start of re-issues and special projects to commemorate Madonna's music. 

The fact that there is time and accomplished contributors included is proof that this is going to be well done. 

Sounds like a party to me! 

This might come in the form of special EDITS of loved remixes/dubs exclusive to this release with enhanced mastering. Digital or physical or maybe both with unique artworks? Some of these past remixes are award winners unique to the DJ/remixers' work. They might be separate or mixed, segued or mashed--we don't know yet! All we know is that they are working on something in-studio. 

Even if its just digital to start, this is a great start to new projects under Warner. Maybe the digital will feature full remixes, and the physical release 2-3 discs and/or 5-6 vinyl compilations of special edits (think of Sufjan Stevens's Convocations 5xLP release--so this is doable). I don't think this is a megamix, or maybe one will be included?!

I would not be surprised if we get something by Valentine's Day with a special limited release come RSD in April.

I also think it's perfect timing considering we all want to DANCE after being in lockdown for the past 2 years!

45 minutes ago, Rory said:

Even if its just digital to start, this is a great start to new projects under Warner. Maybe the digital will feature full remixes, and the physical release 2-3 discs and/or 5-6 vinyl compilations of special edits

we are going to be very lucky if we get anything physical, I am pretty certain its gonna be digital, which means I wont get anything to collect?

42 minutes ago, Prince of Darkness said:

we are going to be very lucky if we get anything physical, I am pretty certain its gonna be digital, which means I wont get anything to collect?

Obviously, I don't know but this project is celebrating a monumental milestone and is definitely in line with the back catalog, Warner announcement.  We might get a physical release.

36 minutes ago, lucasciccone said:

I can't understand the complain about this compilation, like what's the problem with it? :Madonna031: This is way better and more interesting than a traditional greatest hits or whatever. The album reissues will come #soon and this is a good thing to enjoy in the meantime while we wait, so just try to be happy for once my god :Madonna033:

This!   Yayyyyyys!  Agreed.

7 hours ago, Prince of Darkness said:

How many people here are actually super excited about this project to begin with? remixes are usually not so great, does it really matter how many reworked versions of the same tracks we get? I cant be the only one here who was hoping for a deluxe reissue of one her albums with a remastered concert included. Everyone is discussing this because its the only thing happening right now but the project itself is less than ideal. I have little interest in it all and im getting ready for when the real action starts like biopic and reissues.

This exact compilation of remixes of her club hits is what many fans here have been asking for for years! 
In terms of a new GH/compilation it’s what most of her fans want, yes…

And there’s many DJs that are brilliant musicians and truly legendary.

We are all hoping for deluxe reissues and tour releases. And we’ll get those as well eventually 

I just hope they're not super long, noisy club remixes... I would love this project if the remixes actually brought new vibes and approaches to the song while keeping them pop and enjoyable. Also, I'm excited for the physical editions, they could really press some nice packagings for this one!

5 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

This exact compilation of remixes of her club hits is what many fans here have been asking for for years! 
In terms of a new GH/compilation it’s what most of her fans want, yes…

And there’s many DJs that are brilliant musicians and truly legendary.

We are all hoping for deluxe reissues and tour releases. And we’ll get those as well eventually 

M could be multitasking.  Who's to say that she is not secretly composing Madonna 40 or Erotica 30?  All she needs is Mike Dean and her masters.  Sure, bonus material wiill need a bit if work but that could mostly done by Dean, yes?  The remix collection actually seems tougher.... 50 songs to hand select, possibly edit, and remaster to make cohesive.  And if they are not chronological (which they should be).... oh boy!   Madonna have demonstrated on her compilations that tracklisting is not always to be chronological.  

18 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

M could be multitasking.  Who's to say that she is not secretly composing Madonna 40 or Erotica 30?  All she needs is Mike Dean and her masters.  Sure, bonus material wiill need a bit if work but that could mostly done by Dean, yes?  The remix collection actually seems tougher.... 50 songs to hand select, possibly edit, and remaster to make cohesive.  And if they are not chronological (which they should be).... oh boy!   Madonna have demonstrated on her compilations that tracklisting is not always to be chronological.  

make a film , write a song , get her stockings on ??

I personally imagine this is going to be a 50 tracks collection of the edits of her big remixes? Are we going to get the 7 -9 minutes versions? No. and I actually don't want them..I have those CD's and I want them to still form part of the single remix project.

Would I love a three disc and streaming version of some of her 90's and beyond remixes in 4-5 minute edit form and some updated Madonna classics redone by modern DJ's? Yes. A mix of the two would actually be perfect. But if it's anything like the Chromatica remix project absolutely miss me on that one. Noise for the most part.

and honestly most of her remixes from the last two eras haven't been up to the standard of previous eras in my opinion. I think the only one that REALLY stands out is the Justin Cognito remix of Girl Gone Wild and that's because the original version is so dire and over compressed and flat. 

It's the updates on a bunch her classic that will be the most interesting. 

I'd live for the proper polished studio version of Confessions Tour Like A Virgin but Material Girl can rot tbh. 

New versions of Everybody / Lucky Star / Holiday /  Into The Groove / Open Your Heart / Causing A Commotion / Vogue / Like A Prayer  / Express Yourself / Erotica / Deeper & Deeper / Secret / Frozen / Ray Of Light / Music &  Hung Up 

Like 16 songs newly remixed on one disc. Classic remix edits on the other two discs and maybe a mixture stream version of a mega mix or something. 

34 minutes ago, steady75 said:

I personally imagine this is going to be a 50 tracks collection of the edits of her big remixes? Are we going to get the 7 -9 minutes versions? No. and I actually don't want them..I have those CD's and I want them to still form part of the single remix project.

Would I love a three disc and streaming version of some of her 90's and beyond remixes in 4-5 minute edit form and some updated Madonna classics redone by modern DJ's? Yes. A mix of the two would actually be perfect. But if it's anything like the Chromatica remix project absolutely miss me on that one. Noise for the most part.

and honestly most of her remixes from the last two eras haven't been up to the standard of previous eras in my opinion. I think the only one that REALLY stands out is the Justin Cognito remix of Girl Gone Wild and that's because the original version is so dire and over compressed and flat. 

It's the updates on a bunch her classic that will be the most interesting. 

I'd live for the proper polished studio version of Confessions Tour Like A Virgin but Material Girl can rot tbh. 

New versions of Everybody / Lucky Star / Holiday /  Into The Groove / Open Your Heart / Causing A Commotion / Vogue / Like A Prayer  / Express Yourself / Erotica / Deeper & Deeper / Secret / Frozen / Ray Of Light / Music &  Hung Up 

Like 16 songs newly remixed on one disc. Classic remix edits on the other two discs and maybe a mixture stream version of a mega mix or something. 

You’re onto something here! Giving us the studio versions of the best tour interpretations would be my favorite thing. Her tour mixes are always like so much better than any of the Officially released remixes. It’s kinda crazy that she never released them through the years, I’m sure many would buy them and they’re already created so it wouldn’t cost much more to put them out

2 hours ago, Shoful said:

You’re onto something here! Giving us the studio versions of the best tour interpretations would be my favorite thing. Her tour mixes are always like so much better than any of the Officially released remixes. It’s kinda crazy that she never released them through the years, I’m sure many would buy them and they’re already created so it wouldn’t cost much more to put them out

Celebration from CT. Now THAT was a fun mix. 

RQ: Does anyone have the official final mix? Lololol please post hi xo

• RUADJAI changed the title to Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • Enrico pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic