Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

10 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Because it’s been 6 months and all we have so far is some lame 2 minute frozen mix and a remix package of songs we have already ? I just don’t get the strategy here from her or Warner’s - it makes no sense - I’ve not heard a single person outside of this forum mention this sucky frozen remix so yall need to calm down if you think it’s going to win her over a new fan base - she should be focussing on her die hard fan base not tweens who wouldn’t know a good song it kicked them in Their smart phone 

You only see what your eyes want to see. How can life be what you want it to be? You’re frozen when your heart’s not open. 

6 hours ago, PaperFaces said:

Thats because im not a fan of Swae Lee’s.

I appreciate his talent. I dont care for him on a Madonna track. 
i hate features. I hate duets.

You’re so consumed with how much you get. You waste your time with hate and regret. You’re broken when your heart’s not open. 

I wonder what William Orbit thinks of this remix. Has he commented on the song being use in the video trend? I wonder if he's involved in some way too? I like the remix, I think it's clever and a moment. I like the idea that an artist can reach the masses amid a lockdown in this way and still make people want to be creative in response to it. I find this to be inspiring to younger individuals and creatives--that they can be noticed by an accomplished celebrity and allow them a platform to showcase their creativity and artistry. I admire that Madonna does this.

Sickick's mashup of Phil Collins and MJ is genius. The chants in the new Drill sample is pretty cool.

Regarding the mask or face covering, its a personae, its campy role-play and its drag too -- Orville Peck, Banksy, KISS, Daft Punk, Ghostface lol, Valentina lol, heck we all wear masks now, so please wear yours too!

10 hours ago, beautifulkiller said:

I dont see why she would have to be part of the remastering - they are prob already done - annoys me how she feels she has to be a part of everything lol - she should leave it in the hands of warners 

I agree but i was being rhetorical here, i was saying she as it's her project. But yes, she's gonna be there. I guess if there's unreleased material it's gonna be like on Bowie's Ryko reissues from the 90's where unreleases bonus tracks like I Pray, olé, Abdulmadjid & Some Are are dubious because they sound suspiciously more like something from 1991 than from the late 70's and were probably tampered with for the release. 

It's a simple beat remix, it's pretty good for a small independent Dj.

I'm surprised how quick fans bash it for being basic or simple when you have the 15min of the same  (dated) drums in any Calderone remix. It's something new aligned to the sound in commercial streams atm.

I think is great for her to be getting the attention and for the Dj to get an opportunity like this.

And about the mask, he might not like to be on the face of social media, he might be reserved, it creates a distance of this persona from his real life, so let's respect that too. If everyone is so quick to judge and comment I'm not surprised he wants to be anonymous.

3 hours ago, EgoRod said:

I'm surprised how quick fans bash it for being basic or simple when you have the 15min of the same  (dated) drums in any Calderone remix. It's something new aligned to the sound in commercial streams atm.

I think is great for her to be getting the attention and for the Dj to get an opportunity like this.

And about the mask, he might not like to be on the face of social media, he might be reserved, it creates a distance of this persona from his real life, so let's respect that too. If everyone is so quick to judge and comment I'm not surprised he wants to be anonymous.

I still think it’s guy Ritchie ? or maybe Malik ? 

6 hours ago, Rory said:

I wonder what William Orbit thinks of this remix. Has he commented on the song being use in the video trend? I wonder if he's involved in some way too? I like the remix, I think it's clever and a moment. I like the idea that an artist can reach the masses amid a lockdown in this way and still make people want to be creative in response to it. I find this to be inspiring to younger individuals and creatives--that they can be noticed by an accomplished celebrity and allow them a platform to showcase their creativity and artistry. I admire that Madonna does this.

Sickick's mashup of Phil Collins and MJ is genius. The chants in the new Drill sample is pretty cool.

Regarding the mask or face covering, its a personae, its campy role-play and its drag too -- Orville Peck, Banksy, KISS, Daft Punk, Ghostface lol, Valentina lol, heck we all wear masks now, so please wear yours too!

William Orbit reposted her post of More Frozen Remixes coming soon. So he’s aware but obviously not involved 

i dont think she works with younger artists because she feels it will erm boost her sales , i think she just wants her name out there - i mean the drake cochella performance was not meant to boost her popularity it was meant to get her talked about good or bad and it worked ..she has always been this way however i do believe a record company may demand collabs for boosted streams etc - 2 fan bases listening to one song is better than one fan base listening to one song - i dont see why when madonna does it ..its considered desperation but when other artists do it ..its slay or go girl  ..so annoying

4 hours ago, EgoRod said:

Because Calderone’s remixes were fantastic and not basic AF. They deserved the  extended play. 

4 hours ago, EgoRod said:

I think it’s because the Calderone mixes came out at a time when a lot of her fans were more in tune with current trends. And obviously thats not the case these days.

That being said, I’ll take the Calderone remix over this new one any day. But also I totally get why this new mix is so successful 

14 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Remixes like songs are always a product of the time - if you listen to her 80s ones especially jellybean and shep they kind of sound similar- I literally can’t stand this trap beat in this remix - it’s like a staple sound for every song now and it’s so lifeless and dull ?

Its more the effects on the vocals i love :)

16 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

I don’t really follow charts and all that but isn’t BIM her highest charting song since 2012 after Give Me All which was also a feature and was the highest charting since 2008 with 4 Minutes?

Clearly she needs a feature to chart. As much as I hate that. 
Chart success is very important to her and her fans just have to accept that. Her entire career she was on a mission to reach new audiences and it’s the same now.

If a remix with a trendy social media DJ and Swae Lee will get a younger audience interested in her massive catalogue I’m all for it. 

Bitch I’m Madonna is constantly in her top 20 daily most streamed tracks on Spotify. Living For Love, Gimme All Your Luvin, Medellin, and Crave are nowhere near the top 20.

• RUADJAI changed the title to Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • Enrico pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic