Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

16 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

I don’t think your calculations are entirely correct. Because with streaming you get many streams from people that would never buy the physical version. Plus it’s there to be streamed forever while the regular consumer buys it just once. 
Not to mention that streaming cuts of production costs so all the parties involved make a bigger profit. 
I’m sure the system and revenue was thought out in a way where it’s profitable for artists.

The issue Madonna has is that her streaming wasn’t handled correctly until recently and her numbers are not where they should be. But that’s improving.

There are some pros with streaming yes, but the point is that the artists are not getting a very big cut. This was also the case with physical copies but now it is worse and without knowing exact figures you only have to hear what artists are saying to be certain of that. 

Additionally major labels have their own additional arrangements with streaming services to take a percentage of every subscription payment. As they have gotten more popular services like Spotify have had to bend to the major labels because without labels agreeing to the terms they will not have all the mainstream content available on their platform. The artists don't get any of that money of course.

In the case of Madonna her fanbase are more interested in physical copies than streaming as far as I can tell. I really can't see how having some obscure dubs of Rescue Me or forgettable remix of Take a Bow available can be a big factor in her overall numbers. All her albums have been available since the beginning.

Frozen feat Cupcakkke tho... That would slap:

slurp that dick till it comes (slllurp) 

slurp that dick till it comes (slllurp)

SMACK MY ASS LIKE A DRUM

Mmmmhhhhhhh mmmmmhhhhh

If I could fuck your cock... 

Mmmmhhhhhhh mmmmmhhhhh

Wish it was as hard as rock... 

Mmmmhhhhhhh mmmmmhhhhh 

Dancing Queen Happy Dance GIF

6 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

this thread will have it's 1 month anniversary #soon and it still hasn't been released, what is she smoking in the studio with mike dean and how do i get some so my boss can get off my back about deadlines

i know right if she thinks by saying soon she is making her fans excited , she is mistaken , its really annoying 

6 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

There are some pros with streaming yes, but the point is that the artists are not getting a very big cut. This was also the case with physical copies but now it is worse and without knowing exact figures you only have to hear what artists are saying to be certain of that. 

Additionally major labels have their own additional arrangements with streaming services to take a percentage of every subscription payment. As they have gotten more popular services like Spotify have had to bend to the major labels because without labels agreeing to the terms they will not have all the mainstream content available on their platform. The artists don't get any of that money of course.

In the case of Madonna her fanbase are more interested in physical copies than streaming as far as I can tell. I really can't see how having some obscure dubs of Rescue Me or forgettable remix of Take a Bow available can be a big factor in her overall numbers. All her albums have been available since the beginning.

I don’t get what you’re trying to say. They shouldn’t release the remixes on streaming cause her fans just listen to physical and everyone else doesn’t care?
Cause I don’t think that’s the case at all. 
This strategy did wonders for Mariah who was even more irrelevant than Madonna in the current musical landscape. And she gathered a whole new generation of fans from releasing her entire catalogue of singles.

And look how many people here have been complaining about not having their favorite mixes on streaming even though they’re available on physical or easily downloadable. 

43 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

I don’t get what you’re trying to say. They shouldn’t release the remixes on streaming cause her fans just listen to physical and everyone else doesn’t care?
Cause I don’t think that’s the case at all. 
This strategy did wonders for Mariah who was even more irrelevant than Madonna in the current musical landscape. And she gathered a whole new generation of fans from releasing her entire catalogue of singles.

And look how many people here have been complaining about not having their favorite mixes on streaming even though they’re available on physical or easily downloadable. 

I didn't say they shouldn't release them. I said there isn't a lot of money to be made from streaming for her. 2 very different statements.

We need a Genius interview purely about the Music as this all kicks off. She needs to go IN on her musical legacy for the general public buy in. Curate her own interview with someone she really knows or trusts so she's not awkward or paranoid. 

Someone like...I dunno....me ....or .....me?

image.png.83d6e901750197c565d7bafdb70e9654.png

On 2/5/2022 at 5:01 PM, TOpher said:

Hardly, artists make shit from streams. It takes 3 streams to make a penny. That’s why I’ll always buy physical. Such a shame the physical single is dead 

A lot of artists release physical singles. It’s been quite popular lately….  Cardi b released  her singles WAP & Up on both cd singles and Vinyl singles.  Bruno Mars silk sonic has done the same - Jennifer Lopez and Maluma released their duet Pa Ti as vinyl singles - so I don’t know why Madonna has never capitalized on this ????

• RUADJAI changed the title to Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • Enrico pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic