Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

15 minutes ago, steady75 said:

We need a Genius interview purely about the Music as this all kicks off. She needs to go IN on her musical legacy for the general public buy in. Curate her own interview with someone she really knows or trusts so she's not awkward or paranoid. 

Someone like...I dunno....me ....or .....me?

image.png.83d6e901750197c565d7bafdb70e9654.png

"What's the hardest thing about being a mom?"
"MDNA skin?"
"How do you balance motherhood and your career?"

We know those would be the questions. :laughing:

48 minutes ago, steady75 said:

We need a Genius interview purely about the Music as this all kicks off. She needs to go IN on her musical legacy for the general public buy in. Curate her own interview with someone she really knows or trusts so she's not awkward or paranoid. 

Someone like...I dunno....me ....or .....me?

image.png.83d6e901750197c565d7bafdb70e9654.png

this would mean she would have to remember the songs and the creative process behind them  ..i mean did you see when she was interviewed recently and he asked if jimmy jimmy was about him and she looked like "wtf is jimmy jimmy " 

7 minutes ago, beautifulkiller said:

this would mean she would have to remember the songs and the creative process behind them  ..i mean did you see when she was interviewed recently and he asked if jimmy jimmy was about him and she looked like "wtf is jimmy jimmy " 

but seriously... what the fuck IS Jimmy Jimmy  Ammirite??!

madonna-thatsright.gif

11 hours ago, Andreo said:

Frozen feat Cupcakkke tho... That would slap:

slurp that dick till it comes (slllurp) 

slurp that dick till it comes (slllurp)

SMACK MY ASS LIKE A DRUM

Mmmmhhhhhhh mmmmmhhhhh

If I could fuck your cock... 

Mmmmhhhhhhh mmmmmhhhhh

Wish it was as hard as rock... 

Mmmmhhhhhhh mmmmmhhhhh 

Dancing Queen Happy Dance GIF

9 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

I don’t get what you’re trying to say. They shouldn’t release the remixes on streaming cause her fans just listen to physical and everyone else doesn’t care?
Cause I don’t think that’s the case at all. 
This strategy did wonders for Mariah who was even more irrelevant than Madonna in the current musical landscape. And she gathered a whole new generation of fans from releasing her entire catalogue of singles.

And look how many people here have been complaining about not having their favorite mixes on streaming even though they’re available on physical or easily downloadable. 

ok agreed somewhat but then dont tease. dont raise expectations.:)

1 hour ago, adirondak said:

I'm also fairly certain her new music sells better than any female act above 50. 

I would perhaps exclude Celine Dion from that. Her Courage album from 2019 had somewhat stronger sales than Madame X, especially in Canada and France but also the US. But I see your point. She is the only deserving queen to surpass Madonna's less commercial efforts.

10 hours ago, DjKingBee said:

A lot of artists release physical singles. It’s been quite popular lately….  Cardi b released  her singles WAP & Up on both cd singles and Vinyl singles.  Bruno Mars silk sonic has done the same - Jennifer Lopez and Maluma released their duet Pa Ti as vinyl singles - so I don’t know why Madonna has never capitalized on this ????

Well she did do a 12” for I Rise. Isn’t this resurgence for CD singles more recent than the last Madonna release?

2 hours ago, Blue Prince said:

I would perhaps exclude Celine Dion from that. Her Courage album from 2019 had somewhat stronger sales than Madame X, especially in Canada and France but also the US. But I see your point. She is the only deserving queen to surpass Madonna's less commercial efforts.

oh my did it sell better worldwide - poor madame x was way too controversial - celine would never take such risks lol ..

3 hours ago, Blue Prince said:

Yes, I stand corrected. Courage sold 333k and Madame X sold 313k but it is possible Madame X could overtake it one day. I can't think of any example other than that.  Celine was 51 and Madonna 60 for their last albums.

However, if compare Madonna to her relative contemporaries by age, Madonna obliterated Celine when she was 51, as well as all the other divas of the 80s / 90s. Time will tell how Celine sells at age 60. 

On 2/7/2022 at 8:17 AM, Jackie said:

Yea I think Spotify pays less than Apple Music. I'm an Apple Music subscriber. 

We also need to look beyond just Spotify - artists also earn income from Spotify, YouTube, Apple Music and any other deal they make - but again - it only benefits established - if you are new - yea I agree it's very hard!

If we use the figures from this site for M's streaming total for 2020 - https://fotpforums.com/topic/186136-madonnas-2020-streaming-stats/

She has a total of 537 million album streams - if each stream averages 1 cent - that's $5.3million.

Add another 356 million song streams - if each stream averages 1 cent - that's another $3.5 million.

So in total - $8.8million in passive income - even if it was half that - that's still $4.4 million - not bad! 

BUT I agree, if you look at Shirly Manson - she only has 438 monthly listeners on Spotify vs Madonna at 17.8 million - 

Interestingly I found this info from Spotify.

”Contrary to what you might have heard, Spotify does not pay artist royalties according to a per-play or per-stream rate; the royalty payments that artists receive might vary according to differences in how their music is streamed or the agreements they have with labels or distributors.”

So all these calculations we see online are merely guesstimates from 3rd parties. The fact they Spotify are not transparent and that artists are always complaining about it says a lot.

I have also read that a) the payout rates vary from country to country and b) the payout rates are continually decreasing.

20 minutes ago, adirondak said:

Yes, I stand corrected. Courage sold 333k and Madame X sold 313k but it is possible Madame X could overtake it one day. I can't think of any example other than that.  Celine was 51 and Madonna 60 for their last albums.

However, if compare Madonna to her relative contemporaries by age, Madonna obliterated Celine when she was 51, as well as all the other divas of the 80s / 90s. Time will tell how Celine sells at age 60. 

Celine will have to start collaborating with rappers and flashing her ass when she turns 60 if she wants to keep up with Madonna

58 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Celine will have to start collaborating with rappers and flashing her ass when she turns 60 if she wants to keep up with Madonna

celine would never have the balls to do anything risky or say anything risky ...celine doesnt have a ass - she is a bag of bones ,i worry at how thin she is 

• RUADJAI changed the title to Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • Enrico pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic