Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

2 minutes ago, madgefan said:

HMV exclusive 🙄

By the way, someone on IG is saying the 6-LP edition is limited to 6,000 copies. Do we have more info?

Someone checked the available store inventory. The UK store had 200 allotted, which are all gone. More on Dig (the warner store), might be that the rest of the quote is for the US. 

3 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

I'm surprised none of the new Frozen remixes are on this. I was convinced the "Frozen" entry was gonna be the new remix with Swae Lee

Even Madonna had enough sense to realize they fucking sucked too much to be included on a serious project like this remix compilation

27 minutes ago, Lionheart said:

Yay! Preordered mine!! I'm good now. I wanted that red one. I guess i'll have no problems in getting the CD versions from Amazon.es when they list them for preorder, but i can rest now about the vinyl versions i wanted.

30 minutes ago, WopaelWopael said:

I dont get the hype. All old songs that are almost the same as the ones that are already remastered. Even some of the „first time digitally/released“ are already on spotify such as turn up the radio Offer Nissim or sorry PSM.

Yeah, I was under the impression it was all going to be brand-new remixes. See, this was the perfect occasion to finally have ‘Physical Attraction’ remixed; the ‘You Can Dance’ mixes were not remixed and have no additional production. Is there just one true official remix of ‘Physical Attraction’?

Regarding the compilation cover art… Since ‘Angel’ was excluded, they should have used the artwork for its B-side (‘Into the Groove’) or the ‘Into the Groove’ international A-side artwork, but that’s just a detail.

Not much anything new here, but it’s still a nice release.

5 minutes ago, vadge said:

This artwork is so depressing.

The horrible picture, the 3 different clashing fonts that all look cheap and dated, badly edited, singles in a completely random order, the 'list' of songs being repeated 5 times on the cover, the list being in a completely random order, the additional text detailing how many weeks it was No.1 for whatever reason? Even the single covers weren't done properly, with the BIM image being low quality and distorted.

The other artwork is considerably better but has been circulating on Instagram for months. It's literally a remini edit of one of her Instagram posts by the way. The artist who created it actually has many Madonna artworks that are 10x better than that, and some which would've become one of her best album covers. 

Happy for anyone who is pleased with this, but this isn't even scraping the bare minimum for me.

I look at this as an extra release. I wasn't even counting on this when they released that PR announcement for her birthday last year.

I also don't see this as any worse than Celebration. In fact the remastered Into The Groove sounds better tbh.

I do find it weird that the cover for the standard edition is a depressing black and white picture. She's not dead yet...it's a dance music celebration..it deserved to be better.

• RUADJAI changed the title to Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones
  • Enrico pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic